Conor on Aldo / Alvarez: "They're on their hands and knees begging"

lopan

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Conor's a boss

On Monday, McGregor explained the reason for his looming presence during the bout, and also admitted he left that night unimpressed by the performance which ultimately won Aldo the interim UFC featherweight belt.

"That's my division. My belt. And these [guys] have been talking all kinds of stuff, so I just wanted to stand up and let them know, I'm here. Let me see what the f*ck yous have. Let me see what both of you have," McGregor said Monday on The MMA Hour. "And at the end of the fight, I'm seeing.

"Frankie can't touch him and Aldo's dancing around, playing it safe, and I'm saying fight. F*cking fight. You want this? You want this fight again? Take it. Win it. You can't play it safe like that. Where's my excitement in that? You're running away and you're just out-slapping him and that's it. I want to see you come and try and get that fight and really want that fight. I didn't see that. I saw the same thing I've been seeing. I saw that if we signed to fight again, he's gone running again. That's what I saw. So I just stood up like, I'm here, let's see what the f*ck the two of yous have."

McGregor himself has been reticent to commit to a return to featherweight since knocking out Aldo in 13 seconds to capture the UFC title in Dec. 2015, although he hasn't closed the door on the idea either.

"It ain't an easy cut, but I have a nutritionist (George Lockhart) now onboard, and that Aldo cut was the best cut I ever had," McGregor said. "The IV was banned, we weren't allowed to use an IV to rehydrate. I made championship weight and I rehydrated fully. I was brand new. So the weight is there for me to make. Look, it's got to be right. I've got to be intrigued by it. I can't be intrigued by a guy who's been running, and still, I still see a runner in my eyes when I look at Jose.

"I still see a guy who I'll go through the whole sh*t again and then nine days out, ‘hey Conor, we've got a middleweight here, do you want to fight a middleweight?' Okay, then f*ck I'll fight a middleweight. It's got to appeal to me, so it's got to be right. Like I said, I've got this guy (Diaz) to take care of, but I'm still the featherweight world champion, and after this fight we'll sit down and I'm sure they'll attempt to make it right, make it sweet for me."

"Right now there's a new champion, he's a bum as well," McGregor said of Alvarez. "He's a novice. He's a novice on his feet, swinging shots, overhands. He just is a wrestler with an overhand as well. They're novices where I come from and that's the truth of it, so we'll see about him. We'll see.

"Like I said, there's a lot of options. They're all begging for it. They're all begging in their own unique way, but make no mistake, it's begging. They are all begging for this. They're all begging for what Nate got. They look at Nate, who went from 20-and-20 to now he's talking big money, so they're all on their hands and knees begging for this. So like I said, I'll have this fight [at UFC 202], I'll sit down with Mr. (Dana) White and the new owners ... and then we'll figure it out from there."

If he loses to Nate a second time, his stock AND begging will plummet considerably.

He's certainly right about Alvarez. The guy is practically panhandling.

Aldo isnt begging for shit.... he doesnt give a fuck if conor gets stripped or what.

He just want to fight for the belt.

Like Conor begged Dana not to have to fight Frankie.

Does Conor ever shut the fuck up? I enjoy watching fights, not all of this loudmouth bullshit.

shit, glad this delusional talk is going to end pretty soon

thank you, nate

BEGGED FOR A REMATCH?!!! Idiot....

giphy.gif

My bad, he begged Nate for the initial fight....for the rematch he had to grovel to not only Nate, but the Fertitas and Dana, after fake-retiring because he was unable to deal with his media obligations and the thought of being on stage with Nate had him choked-up...not literally, that took place at UFC 196

If he loses to Nate a second time, his stock AND begging will plummet considerably.
actually the begging will go up significantly backstage

he won't have the usual leverage anymore, and he will suffer. that is probably why he talked about being the union leader

Aldo isnt begging for shit.... he doesnt give a fuck if conor gets stripped or what.

He just want to fight for the belt.

LOL. Aldo is obsessed with Conor, , are you kidding me?

Nate: "If I'm not fighting Conor again, I'm going on vacation."

Yeah, at UFC 200. "I didn't ask for that fight, but he asked for it and he wanted it," Diaz said. "If that ain't gonna happen, I'm going on vacation."

Conor was the one that was absolutely hellbent on the rematch despite the fact that Dana and his own coach tried to talk him out of it. So yeah.

Back