Conor never fought against an opponent that avoided the standup match.

Conor KO/TKO when his opponent engage him toe to toe. Only examples where he didn't are ironically when his opponents are good strikers with a good chin (Diaz and a young Max).

The only example of Conor finishing an opponent that somewhat (not completely) didn't engage him toe to toe was a 2 week notice much smaller fighter (Mendes) but he got beaten after being out of gas.

In other words you don't have any example of Conors finishing opponents that avoid the striking department.

So please enlighten me and tell me how exactly is that KO/TKO going to happen if Khabib won't be stupid as Alvarez and others and will avoid the stand up match?

Why are you demanding shit

So, basically what you're saying is that Conor never fought anyone who avoided the stand up (except "somewhat" Mendes), whom Conor finished, and therefore he sucks at finishing fighters who doesn't engage?

Great logic!

I said he was successful until he got tired for obvious reasons. You see Khabib getting tired in less than 2 rounds?

And when he did, he chose one with ridiculed stand up defence, short arms, a rubbish double, and one with poor takedown conversion in his last match.

Mendes tried and failed

Alvarez made attempts and was completely hopeless

Diaz tried to take him down a lot

conor-mcgregor-chad-mendes-ufc-189-2.jpg

Yeah but not like in a desperate way. Anyways he was successful until he got tired. Do you see Khabib getting tired?
Khabib gassed in round 2 against Al.

He got away with it coz he had already depleted Al so much by then.

Anyone who bought the line of bullshit that Khabib wanted to test out his stand up against Al is kidding themselves, he was too tired to play his usual grappling game.

This will be Conor's first truly dangerous UFC fight.

He is in for a terrible night if Khabib gets a hold of him.

I always like how the haters omit facts or don't even know them (probably because they've never watched the full fight).

Conor started hitting Mendes will elbows. Mendes complained to herb and herb said they were legal. Mendes couldn't take it so he tried to advance his position and go for a submission. Conor escaped and the rest is history.

McGrbSI.gif

giphy.gif

Mendes only landed 4 of 7 takedowns against a one legged Conor that had been prepping for a stand up fight. But of course the haters down play this and act like Mendes isn't one of the best wrestlers in MMA today or omit that Mendes has KO power and kick as f*ck - 2 things Khabib is not.

Pretty sure Mendes took him down at will until he gassed. Had he not been coming off a bender, it would have been 5 rounds of that. And Conor tried to take Diaz down, then got choked.

Conor is really good. Great stand up, good takedown defense. But he has also had the benefit of favorable matchups for the most part. However, he capitalized on those and should get plenty of credit for it. Except Diaz. He got merc’d by Diaz, then squeezed out a decision in which everyone knew all he had to do was survive 5 rounds and the judges would give it to him.

guys with shortened camps don't gas in under 2 rounds...mendes gassed cause of conor's body attack in the first round...go watch that round again my friend...a guy with a shortened camp, might gas in the later rounds of a 5 round fight, but not the 2nd round. not to mention, conor fought on a badly injured knee.

I always like how the haters omit facts or don't even know them (probably because they've never watched the full fight).

Conor started hitting Mendes will elbows. Mendes complained to herb and herb said they were legal. Mendes couldn't take it so he tried to advance his position and go for a submission. Conor escaped and the rest is history.

McGrbSI.gif

giphy.gif

Mendes only landed 4 of 7 takedowns against a one legged Conor that had been prepping for a stand up fight. But of course the haters down play this and act like Mendes isn't one of the best wrestlers in MMA today or omit that Mendes has KO power and kick as f*ck - 2 things Khabib is not.
Mendes is a great FW wrestler, Div I IIRC. You can tell what the fight may have looked like with an actual camp.

Khabib is a different animal altogether.

But Khabib doesn't have a shot like Mendes or this fight would be a no brainer.

Conor is also better of his back today (we assume). Sweeping Diaz is interesting but there's prob zero chance he can sweep Khabib.

(Wrestling guys can give an actual comparison, I'm not gonna try lol)

Lol Alvarez never even attempted until he realized that didn't hace any business in the striking department
Alvarez admitted that he was only striking in order to find an opening for the takedown, point is that's all it took for Conor to scramble his brains.

I know what you're saying, you don't think Khabib will even get involved at all, he'll just go all out for the takedown, but that will without doubt leave him open even more than usual to getting tagged with a fight ending punch.

Maybe it's more a matter of Conor avoiding the ground game for most of them, than them choosing to try and strike with him. Saying this as someone who is not a Conor fan.

If Khabib is coming in desperate for a takedown the odds of a knockout go way up. He needs to come in with some footwork and technique on the feet. Because he’s facing a man with tons of footwork and technique. Also power..

Desperate is not synonymous of dumb. You can be smart desperate

Alvarez admitted that he was only striking in order to find an opening for the takedown, point is that's all it took for Conor to scramble his brains.

I know what you're saying, you don't think Khabib will even get involved at all, he'll just go all out for the takedown, but that will without doubt leave him open even more than usual to getting tagged with a fight ending punch.

You saw the ankle grabs against laquinta? You explain me how he counterattack something as low as that ?

As a Khabib fan I will be honest with you. I'm not to worry about Conor TDD even if now better I don't have any doubt that Khabib takedowns are at another level. My concern/curiosity is more in regards Conors ground game improvements, training with Dillon, I wonder if he is at the level of defending and surviving effectively against a top grappler

You saw the ankle grabs against laquinta? You explain me how he counterattack something as low as that ?

As a Khabib fan I will be honest with you. I'm not to worry about Conor TDD even if now better I don't have any doubt that Khabib takedowns are at another level. My concern/curiosity is more in regards Conors ground game improvements, training with Dillon, I wonder if he is at the level of defending and surviving effectively against a top grappler
The defense is the same as always for Conor, don't be in the position where an ankle grab is possible, easier said than done, but i'm sure that will be the plan.

Here's a question for you, what happens if the first time Khabib lunges in for a takedown and Conor clips him, I'm not talking about KO'ing him, but a solid clip that historically has made guys become a bit timid when exchanging or going for takedowns against Conor?

That's just as likely to happen as your scenario, Khabib has shown a tendency to lunge from a long way out on occasion, that will be dangerous against someone as pinpoint as Conor.

Khabib gassed in round 2 against Al.

He got away with it coz he had already depleted Al so much by then.

Anyone who bought the line of bullshit that Khabib wanted to test out his stand up against Al is kidding themselves, he was too tired to play his usual grappling game.

That's #1 bullshit. How come Mendez pressure and scream at him to follow the strategy and stop with the striking bullshit. So you was able to see that Khabib was gassed but not his coach? WTF?

Back