Conor needs to leave his camp

Conor has improved with each UFC fight he's had and the sky is the limit. He doesn't need to change anything yet.

If anything fighters should be going to SBG to be test dummies for Conor to practice with.

Hopefully Conor is smarter than you guys.

Imagine if Jones would have taken this kind of advice and stayed at his local NY gym while he was winning, probably wouldn't be the star we know today.

Thing is Conor doesn't even have to leave SBG, just do what Gus does he's part of the Swedish gym but does a lot of his camps at Alliance because they have better coaches and tons of higher-level training partners.

That's what you need to reach the highest levels.

He needs to train at Kami's place to reach his true potential

No GSP just trained with some local gym, in fact he didn't even join jackson's until after the Serra loss. But he joined Firas a couple fights prior to that.

I don't know why people are so angry, what TS is suggesting is true, look at any champion in modern UFC history and like 99.9% of them transitioned to a major gym, it's clearly the best way to be successful.

I'm still sure it was Firas and Jackson who got him the title shot. Nice revisionist history though. No ones mad but you lol

prob is a good idea, to be honest - even if hes doing well, maybe he coul ddo better with world class attention and partners

I'm still sure it was Firas and Jackson who got him the title shot. Nice revisionist history though. No ones mad but you lol

What? I mean you can just use google or the search function on Sherdog and easily find out when GSP went where.

GSP went to Tristar around the time after he lost to Hughes.

GSP went to Jackson's after the Serra fight, before that he brought in some training partners from Jackson's to Tristar.

There is no revisionist history for facts that can easily be looked up lol.

"and its not where he should be"

And who the fuck are you to say where he should train? Typical pretentious idiot thread on Sherdog.

What? I mean you can just use google or the search function on Sherdog and easily find out when GSP went where.

GSP went to Tristar around the time after he lost to Hughes.

GSP went to Jackson's after the Serra fight, before that he brought in some training partners from Jackson's to Tristar.

There is no revisionist history for facts that can easily be looked up lol.

So it was Firas and Jackson who got him the title shot thanks! Like I said revisionist history! Peace!

So it was Firas and Jackson who got him the title shot thanks! Like I said revisionist history! Peace!

Ugh...GSP got a title shot before he joined Firas and then after that a title shot before he joined Jackson's.

You do realize GSP has had three title fights as the challenger right? Lol

Conor trains in the SBG Ireland gym and its not where he should be. Conor needs to part of a team of world class mma fighters so that he can pushed to new levels. Dont get me wrong SBG Ireland has great facilities and their main gym has world class facilities. But their head coach - John Kavanagh and Conors training partners arent world class and Conor needs to depart to achieve his full potential

Come back with this when and if Conor loses. Until then... pfft.

Yeah, because we have never seen a Goat from a nobody camp with nobody training partners. Fedor cough, cough. Not saying His camp is though. It is one of the better camps in Europe.

Yeah, because we have never seen a Goat from a nobody camp with nobody training partners. Fedor cough, cough. Not saying His camp is though. It is one of the better camps in Europe.

That's the exception to the rule. And people were constantly saying Fedor should go to a better camp, especially after he started losing.

I sensed that Conor is loyal to SBGi and JK. His loyalty may prevent him moving but if I were to ever lose a title shot, I would start looking for excuses as to why it's not my fault, leading to me being very tempted to move to a new camp. And since my ability to think is limited to say the least, I can't comprehend Conor thinking anything different.

Well atleast you're Honest, it's appreciated.

That's the exception to the rule. And people were constantly saying Fedor should go to a better camp, especially after he started losing.

How can it be the exception when there are a ton of other examples?

How do you people think elite camps even got started? They gave birth to a star who raised the level of the whole team and who made great minds gravitate towards their town and then they worked at their craft. If you think the only way is someone elses way then that says alot about your personal level of confidence.

Hurrdurr people constantly said, hurrdurr. And alot of people also disagreed with that idea, and they all had some good points. But only the individual himself knows enough to make the call.

Long term, sure he might want to move for a camp or 2. Not because of a lack of world class teammates, but because at some point hes going to want to train with and against world class wrestlers.

Conor may end up beating any striking heavy FW like Aldo or Swanson, but hes still un-proven vs a legit wrestler like Mendes or Edgar. Thats not bashing or insulting McGregor, its just a fact. Even if Conor beats Aldo, who's to say he keeps the belt vs a guy like Edgar?

How can it be the exception when there are a ton of other examples?

How do you people think elite camps even got started? They gave birth to a star who raised the level of the whole team and who made great minds gravitate towards their town and then they worked at their craft. If you think the only way is someone elses way then that says alot about your personal level of confidence.

Hurrdurr people constantly said, hurrdurr. And alot of people also disagreed with that idea, and they all had some good points. But only the individual himself knows enough to make the call.

Please give me any of these "ton of other examples" of guys who stayed at a local gym and became champion, I'll wait.

YOu don't even have to leave SBG you dunce, look at Gus he trains at his local Swedish gym but because he's actually intelligent he also trains at San Diego at Alliance with a ton of UFC level talent and training partners.

Fact is all the best fighters are at major camps, just go have a look at the top-15 P4P literally every single fighter is training at a major camp. There's a reason for that.

Ugh...GSP got a title shot before he joined Firas and then after that a title shot before he joined Jackson's.

You do realize GSP has had three title fights as the challenger right? Lol

Yes I do. Did you watch those fights? Who is in his corner when he lost the first time to Hughes?

Yes I do. Did you watch those fights? Who is in his corner when he lost the first time to Hughes?

No one from Greg Jackson's team lol. That's my point. GSP eventually realized he had to expand his horizons, every great fighter does.

His team are around 13-2 in the UFC, I think he'll be alright.

wow thats impressive

i think every fighter should travel around and sharpen their skills all year round. stay fit and stay active. as far as training camps go i think if conor feels he has the right coaches then all he needs to do is make sure they have the right training partners

Back