Conor needs to improve a lot for Aldo.

makavelihhh

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Wild shit wont work against Aldo. If Aldo lands one of those leg kicks that made Conor fall on the ground he can say bye bye to his knees.

Conor needs to work on his cardio and fight smart. Let's Aldo do the work in the beginning then press him in the last rounds.

Won't probably work anyway, but if he fights as usual I fear he will be embarassed quickly.

How much professional experience do you have that would help back up your advice?

Wild shit wont work against Aldo. If Aldo lands one of those leg kicks that made Conor fall on the ground he can say bye bye to his knees.

Conor needs to work on his cardio and fight smart. Let's Aldo do the work in the beginning then press him in the last rounds.

Won't probably work anyway, but if he fights as usual I fear he will be embarassed quickly.

Conor's cardio has never been issue, and his whole game is applying pressure with his footwork and angles so that sounds a terrible idea.

I think if he can just take himself a little more seriously, it'll put him over the top

Conor's cardio has never been issue, and his whole game is applying pressure with his footwork and angles so that sounds a terrible idea.

Jesus Christ, he went only once in round 3. What the fuck are you saying?

How can you know his cardio?

GOAT will adapt. He will check Aldo's kicks.

Jesus Christ, he went only once in round 3. What the fuck are you saying?

How can you know his cardio?

You're claiming his cardio is an issue when you have no good reason to.

I didn't say it was good, said it hasn't been an issue. Which it hasn't been. Enlighten us on the justification for your belief Conor has bad cardio.

You're claiming his cardio is an issue when you have no good reason to.

I didn't say it was good, said it hasn't been an issue. Which it hasn't been. Enlighten us on the justification for your belief Conor has bad cardio.

What is your fucking problem?

I say that he needs to work on his cardio. I didn't say his cardio is bad.

We know that Aldo's cardio is susceptible, so Conor should do everything to have a better one.

I need to draw a picture or is clear?

So your genius plan is for Mcgregor to fight Aldo the same way all the guys Aldo has beat fought him....

Brilliant insights. One sec, I'm gonna go grab Conor and have him read this. I'm sure it's a game-changer.

What "wild shit" has anyone ever attempted to use on Aldo?

People either stand in front of him with a deer in the headlights look and let him dictate the pace or they try to wrestle-box him to hopefully squeak out a decision.

When have we seen "wild shit" fail against Aldo?

Cardio won't be a problem. We've not seen it as an issue yet for Connor and I doubt we will against someone like Aldo who doesn't exactly fight at a frenetic pace himself. Cardio will be tested against someone like Edgar not Aldo. Aldo will test Connors low kick defence. If Connor can't deal with the low kicks we'll see him lose his mobility and he'll be a sitting duck for Aldo as the fight goes on. Connor was suffering against the low side kicks Siver was throwing. He adapted by moving away but Aldo has a much faster low kick and sets them up really well. I think that is the key as to who will come out victorious when they meet.

Only a hater would be saying Conor needs to improve after that fight. Does he need to? He's going to. Does he want to? I'm sure he does. But there is absolutely nothing bad any conscientious observer can say about him, or his performances in the UFC.

What "wild shit" has anyone ever attempted to use on Aldo?

People either stand in front of him with a deer in the headlights look and let him dictate the pace or they try to wrestle-box him to hopefully squeak out a decision.

When have we seen "wild shit" fail against Aldo?

Pretty sure Lamas did it alot in the Aldo fight.

I guess we have different definitions of "a lot".

Aldo has been one of my favorite fighters since WEC.

I have purchased every PPV he has fought on, watched each of his fights countless times.

Lamas took zero risks fighting Aldo whatsoever. His approach in that fight almost looked like he viewed it as a sparring session.

My point is that TS cannot honestly say that "wild shit" won't work on Aldo because no one has ever bothered to take any real risks against him.

In spite of you haters, Conor bless you all.

I distinctly recall Lamas doing almost nothing and taking no risks despite being obviously down on the cards going into the championship rounds

Nah I don't think that's a weak part of his game. He was constantly pressuring against Max and even with a torn ACL he didn't even breathe heavy once. Also the way he fights so loose means he has absolutely no wasted movement, he doesn't throw stiff shots everything is smooth. I think if Aldo doesn't get him out of there, or do significant damage in the first 2 rounds the fight will play into McGregor's hands. The constant pressure he puts on fighters will make Aldo work hard.

Your game plan sounds good for the wrestler/boxer/grinder like Edgar, lamas, or Mendes.

But your gameplan sounds horrible for a pressure fighter like Conor.

Back