Conor Mcgregors takedown defence is most underrated thing in UFC!

sometimes I realy have difficulties to understand the age of these nuthuggers

are they still children ?
look at TS !!!
how old you must be to send a shit like this ?
i think i saw a post once about the new target audience for this forum being between 13 and 21, after it was purchased by some new owners.

it made a lot of things a lot clearer.

FACT! Conor has an amazing takedown defence as we saw against Nate Diaz and Eddie Alvarez!

Eddie tried to take him down again and again and Conor resisted it again and again.

And you would think since that Eddie fight, Conor would have improved even more in his takedown defence.

So how on earth will Khabib take him down haha Khabib is so f*****!
I thought that Eddie was going to take him down but turned out i didn't know who Eddie was. Afterwards i looked into it and actually saw that Alvarez is a brawler that doesn't have a good offensive mma wrestling.

He is getting taken down, stop deluding yourselves.

Nate Diaz is one of the worst wrestlers in the UFC, and he took Conor down once.

Conor doesn't have awful takedown defence, but you don't need to be an All American to stuff takedowns from Nate fucking Diaz.

I believe someone found a stat where his TDD is actually lower than Barboza and Johnsons, both who were mailed by Khabib....
There's a thread but too lazy to link
<LikeReally5>

And i believe I poked numerous holes in that opinion....how many times has conor ever been taken down in fights in the last 5 years? he was taken down against mendes, on a badly injured knee and couldn't even train grappling and couldn't really fight off the takedowns. and against nate in the final round...he was taken down with about 45 seconds to go...barboza and johnson have been taken down through out their entire career. conor hasn't...

Nate Diaz is one of the worst wrestlers in the UFC, and he took Conor down once.

Conor doesn't have awful takedown defence, but you don't need to be an All American to stuff takedowns from Nate fucking Diaz.

he took conor down in the 5th round with about 45 seconds left...that was more out of being tired, and realizing the fighting was just about over...so he didn't resist as hard.

he was taken down by nate diaz.

is nate diaz a good offensive wrestler?

That's not true at all, he was exhausted, getting beaten on the feet, shot a shit double leg, got stuffed, and choked out proper. IDK if I've ever seen Nate shoot on someone.

I believe someone found a stat where his TDD is actually lower than Barboza and Johnsons, both who were mailed by Khabib....
There's a thread but too lazy to link
<LikeReally5>
Conor's is 73%
Edson's is 80%
Johnson's is 77%

The difference is neither of them has the distance control or striking that Conor has. Edson is a kicker and can be crowded easily.

FACT! Conor has an amazing takedown defence as we saw against Nate Diaz and Eddie Alvarez!

Eddie tried to take him down again and again and Conor resisted it again and again.

And you would think since that Eddie fight, Conor would have improved even more in his takedown defence.

a few points here:
1) Nate does not like to take people down. He likes boxing.
2) Eddie got hurt before his first TD attempt. All of them were panic, telegraphed takedowns.
3) the only one who fully committed to taking Conor down was Mendes, and he succeeded
4) We can ASSUME he is training takedowns extensively now. Obviously. But you can't assume he "improved a lot" since too much time passed, and we KNOW Conor trained exclusively boxing for about a year for his Floyd fight. And since that fight, I don't think he was seriously training anything up until he decided to come back, about 3-4 months ago when he started posting pics training.

So any claims one way or another is purely speculations at this time.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

We don't know since he hasn't had a lot of fights against great wrestlers. Not even fights against OK wrestlers but mediocre fighters like a Clay Guida or Tibau. He's mainly faced strikers. Alvarez's offensive wrestling isn't great.

Not saying Conno has good wrestling or bad, just that we don't know. He's looked technically sound defending though IMO.

If Bisping can develop good wrestling and an amazing ability to stand up, no reason Connor can't.

Anyways no point speculating too much more as we'll have a definitive answer soon.

Back