Media Conor McGregor's retirement from the UFC proves he's 'not a champion' - Stephen A. | First Take

didn't know max can pull shit out of his ass..."he fought mayweather and won some rounds..." no....mayweather let him win some rounds...lol.

Stephen can be trolled so easily. He makes a career of it

I don't think Conor ever cared about legacy. He just wanted money. Conor was talking about fighting Floyd the second he got into the UFC.

Not a fan. But he won or loss with excitement. No boring decisions with this guy. He brought a lot of fans to the sport.

Gentlemen, highly unlikely he actually retires. he is using this for leverage to get the deal he wants and to hype any likely return to the cage. Business 101.

Conor haters will agree with this jackass....anyone with a brain will not.

Gentlemen, highly unlikely he actually retires. he is using this for leverage to get the deal he wants and to hype any likely return to the cage. Business 101.
Likely but I dont think it will work in his negotiations this time around...he is not in the same place he was during the last negotiations. I feel he leaves for too long comes back when he needs $$ and gets his ass kicked badly as he will be completely out of his prime. Considering he is at the tale end of his career as the smaller fighters tend to not have lengthy careers post 30....he is making a really dumb move here. But since he signed to fight Mayweather he has been making nothing but dumb...dumb and dumber mistakes.

FYI I am a big fan of Conor...easily the most exciting fighting and personality of this decade.

If the UFC could do it all over again the Mayweather fight does not happen. Dana White would probably deny that, but it does not happen. They ended up completely losing the biggest star in the history of the game. He got completely sidetracked with all of that money. His career in the UFC basically ended when he was 29 years old. They totally fucked up.

Conor McGregor's retirement from the UFC proves he's 'not a champion' - Stephen A. | First Take

The GOAT speaks

Fuk u steven u racist. I disliked him since I used to watch basketball , now he is talking MMA???? Fukkkkkkk I dislike him sooooo much

Man Stevie A has these dudes all hot and bothered

Conor having no title defenses proves he’s not a champion. Dana White fast-tracked Conor’s career giving him immediate title shots and never putting pressure on him to defend. Every real champ has multiple title defenses. You’re just a coward if you win a belt and run.

conorknockdown.gif

1BD8E6D49E48DB3E6D93654B580A13782E8F23AA

Conor03.gif

tumblr_ocfceqNahL1r3noc6o1_500.gif

KS8jUg.gif
Another douchebag hater who cannot post anything about Conor without the over used gifs.

Dam I was ready to shit on Stephen A, but he didn't really say nothing crazy.

Didn't bother watching but why is an NBA analist talking about fighting? The 2 have absolutely nothing in common.

If Conor has lost the hunger, even a little bit, then it is wise to retire. Continuing to fight when not fully in it is very dangerous to your health unlike Basketball.

Anyways winning the belt makes you a champion, this isn't a subjective opinion, it is fact.

Stephen A. Smith's a clown. I'll take more than a grain of salt with what a dude who probably used wiki to read up on MMA, says about it. Opinion, fact or otherwise. I've forgotten more about this sport than this guy will ever know.

That being said, the card McGregor played is a negotiation tactic. And it's working as intended.

Conor having no title defenses proves he’s not a champion. Dana White fast-tracked Conor’s career giving him immediate title shots and never putting pressure on him to defend. Every real champ has multiple title defenses. You’re just a coward if you win a belt and run.
a10aee37a7e56dbcefae95ef4429af4df37ca634aa792de7057101e662049c94.jpg

ok, even though they all won belts by beating champions

<bball1>

You're not a champion until you defend your belt isn't just that simple.

If you beat the champion then solidify it
Because just about anyone can win on any given day but only few can defend it against a contender

yea but Stephen A. is the type of guy to say all kinds of nonsense

Harden scores 50 points, OMG best player in the league!

Curry hits a 3 from half court, GSW winning every championship!

Giannis farts, Bucks are unstoppable!

etc...

Back