Conor McGregor's reputation in the UFC

Nooob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There are a lot of pictures and videos of Khabib and his crew meeting with the other UFC fighters in the roster so it got me thinking about Conor's reputation in the UFC.

If you search Khabib and the other fighters, they seem to be friend and chill with each other, it's wholesome when you watch them and now, it made sense why they defended his action and criticized Conor for causing all the mess even the legends, MMA fighters outside UFC and the podcast guys defended him.

Whereas, it's very hard to find one getting along with Conor after he got rich and I've never seen him casually meeting with anyone in the backstage, gyms, public places and etc. His training buddies are all cans who are below him so this says a lot about his reputation in the UFC.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I think if Conor won, it would be a different tune.

People have a natural tendency to side with the winner.

There's a lot of footage of Conor meeting and joking with Jones. Pictures with Anderson etc. GOATs hang out with GOATs.

But I think it's a case of when you are worth 9 figures things change. You change. Your colleagues get jealous. Your social circles change. Conor hangs around with famous people a lot. Not randomers in sweaty gyms.

Its pretty much cobfirmed that 90% of the mma world thinks Conor is a douchebag

Khabib's manager is also the manager for a whole roster of fighters.

Good way to make connections with other fighters.

At least one fighter still likes Conor
conor-mcgregor-artem-lobov-ufc-mma.jpg

Conor used to be chill but his current brand strategy of shitting on anything that doesn't promote his own bank account can't be liked by fighters. After the bus incident a lot of fighters realize they are expendable to a man like McGregor so no camaraderie there. Is normal.

Many fighters, legend fought Dana over money, contracts etc and many lost that battle.
Conor came and made lot of money, this alone explains why so much of them hate on Conor

There are a lot of pictures and videos of Khabib and his crew meeting with the other UFC fighters in the roster so it got me thinking about Conor's reputation in the UFC.

If you search Khabib and the other fighters, they seem to be friend and chill with each other, it's wholesome when you watch them and now, it made sense why they defended his action and criticized Conor for causing all the mess even the legends, MMA fighters outside UFC and the podcast guys defended him.

Whereas, it's very hard to find one getting along with Conor after he got rich and I've never seen him casually meeting with anyone in the backstage, gyms, public places and etc. His training buddies are all cans who are below him so this says a lot about his reputation in the UFC.

Thoughts?

Conor built his reputation by trashing fighters.
He constantly throw in their face how much money he makes and it is fairly obvious many fighters will be slighted by his comments.

So it is only natural that they will side with his opponents.

Paulie stated that when he was there to help conor prepare for floyd that he was bullying young boxers in the ring and treats people like shit.

He comes off as an asshole most of the time.

He said he was going to make money and then get out. He got the money, but he's hanging around like a dingleberry. Get out before you're Ronda 2.0.

Back