Conor McGregors' manager Audie Attar thinks Conor returns in July, and faces either Tony or Justin

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/05/manager-conor-mcgregor-july-return-scouting-ufc-249

Conor McGregor could return to the UFC this summer, but he wants to make sure it’s safe to compete amid the global coronavirus pandemic.

According to his manager, Audie Attar of Paradigm Sports Management, the Irish superstar is interested in a potential July return and will scout the logistics of Saturday’s UFC 249 in Jacksonville, Fla. to make sure safety measures are satisfactory.

“Conor is very curious to see whether the health and safety of the athletes and staff are ensured,” Attar told ESPN. “He wants to make sure everyone is taken care of properly.”

The UFC will hold three events in succession on May 9, 13 and 16. The Las Vegas-based company is working directly with the Florida State Boxing Commission to regulate these events. They’ve implemented several safety measures including holding the fights begins closed doors, COVID-19 testing, and no face-offs prior to the fight.

UFC 249 is not just the company’s first event to go down in the U.S. amid global pandemic, but also the first major live sports event of any sort.

Apart from the health and safety, McGregor (22-4 MMA, 10-2 UFC), the former UFC lightweight and featherweight champion, also has his eyes on Saturday’s fights for other reasons. Tony Ferguson and Justin Gaethje will compete for the interim lightweight title in the main event. The winner is expected to unify the title with current undisputed champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, but according to Attar, McGregor believes he could end up facing the interim champ.

I really like him fighting the winner before getting a rematch with Khabib... nothing says earning a fight vs Khabib more than becoming interim champion...

I really like him fighting the winner before getting a rematch with Khabib... nothing says earning a fight vs Khabib more than becoming interim champion...
And nothing says interim champ more than having to win another fight against another contender to earn the title fight......

I think the loser of this fight will need some time off. In a perfect world Conor fights the loser of this fight on the Khabib undercard.

So Tony has to clean out the division before fighting for the title? Lol man he's the most screwed over fighter in mma history

LOL no.
Khabib vs. Conor 2 is next and we all know it.

Justin and Ferg won't be ready by then so July is the perfect time for Conor to swoop in and fight Khabib while they're on the shelf. People won't complain about Conor stepping in because it'll be too quick of a turnaround for Justin or Ferg to get back in there so the rematch won't really be holding up the division anyways.

This is still the biggest fight the UFC can make and everybody will cash out.

Since kebab is prolly out till September why not

I think tony would be to much for Conor but I see him doing well against Justin......none of this matters though because he can’t beat khabib lol

wasn't he supposed to face the winner of the BMF title for the second fight of the 2020 season ??

<BC1>

either way, he is either fighting the loser of this fight, poirier or diaz. The winner is getting the TS.

If he's willing to fight the loser, then do it..

Otherwise I want the Mas Fight..

So the interim champ will be expected to fight mcg on a quick turnaround? The interim champ should be fighting Khabib. This is just ridiculous.

Conor wants nothing to do with tony or Justin.

he needs to select his fights very carefully.

Conor wants nothing to do with tony or Justin.

he needs to select his fights very carefully.

Exactly!

Untitled-2-copy.jpg

Wolf tickets

He's going to beat up the corpse of Nate

So Tony has to clean out the division before fighting for the title? Lol man he's the most screwed over fighter in mma history

He wasn't screwed over. Had a title shot and then tripped over a wire

Tony would take a fight with Connor 100% of the time, he would smash him, get that money then fight Khabib

Back