Conor McGregor's Irish accent

Shr3dd3r

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
A lot of Conor's success is due to his brand and fanbase. I think if you're fighting Conor, his huge fanbase in the crowd will make you feel like you're fighting a mental war with a million people as well. A lot of his charm with the crowd is due to his Irish accent. When you think of all his comebacks and trash-talk, it doesn't sound nearly as effective without an Irish accent. Do you think Conor would have done nearly as well in his career without his Irish accent?

Not only does it make him more marketable, but it really creates this persona that makes almost everything he says quotable, which creates a HUGE Mystic Mac Hysteria that feeds his confidence. And when you feel the backing of the world …. psychologically you will feel like you can do anything anytime anywhere, which will be make it that much harder for the opponent...

He can have an Irish accent and all, and you can say that's what made him famous, but you can't get to his level of popularity without actually winning.

Look at James Gallagher for example. Irish accent, talks a big game, but got KO'd at the weekend.

Well duh can you imagine Conor talking in an Indian accent? People would think he's retarded. There's that Indian chick in the newest xXx movie that look pretty damn hot but the moment she opened her mouth and started talking my boner noped into the next galaxy.

psychologically you will feel like you can do anything anytime anywhere, which will be make it that much harder for the opponent...

No, it won't. Doesn't matter if a billion people are cheering against you or for you. When the fight starts that drunk dude screaming can't help you throw a jab or a blast double.

If anything, it makes the fighter getting cheered overconfident and prone to making errors.

Ricardo Lamas tried an Irish accent for a bit, didn’t seem to work for him.

His success is due to his skill. Dude is a beast in the cage. He's has quick wit, with has nothing to do with his accent.

His irish warrior mistique just raising his stock in the eyes of superior opponents and upper level management.

TRUE that is part of it!! When i 1st seen Conor i said, cool chest tatt ,has a blk belt in talking trash and he's white Irish. RATING GOLD!! Fans are going want to drink his bath water.

What's next, what is Conor's favorite color? Lol smh. The rate of these Conor threads which are unworthy of discussions are unbelievable. I guess that's what you do if the guy hasn't done anything fighting related lately

Fighting against Conor and his millions of douchebag fans who cant get enough of his toollike personality.

nate-diaz-conor-mcgregor-ufc-196.jpg

What's next, what is Conor's favorite color? Lol smh. The rate of these Conor threads which are unworthy of discussions are unbelievable. I guess that's what you do if the guy hasn't done anything fighting related lately
I counted three sentences. Unworthy of discussion huh..

And obviously his fav color is green
giphy.gif
And i can't stand the guy but he entertains me.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-19_11-18-3.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-19_11-18-3.jpeg
    6.1 KB · Views: 4
you have 4 more profile "likes" than you should imo ts

He fought a bus with a dolly and took out 6 fighters. Then he fought the law and won. You don't know what you're talking about.

A lot of Conor's success is due to his brand and fanbase. I think if you're fighting Conor, his huge fanbase in the crowd will make you feel like you're fighting a mental war with a million people as well. A lot of his charm with the crowd is due to his Irish accent. When you think of all his comebacks and trash-talk, it doesn't sound nearly as effective without an Irish accent. Do you think Conor would have done nearly as well in his career without his Irish accent?

Not only does it make him more marketable, but it really creates this persona that makes almost everything he says quotable, which creates a HUGE Mystic Mac Hysteria that feeds his confidence. And when you feel the backing of the world …. psychologically you will feel like you can do anything anytime anywhere, which will be make it that much harder for the opponent...

An accent is very low on the list of reasons Conor is successful. If it were true, then Conor wouldn't be the only even semi-relevant irishman in MMA.

He can have an Irish accent and all, and you can say that's what made him famous, but you can't get to his level of popularity without actually winning.

Look at James Gallagher for example. Irish accent, talks a big game, but got KO'd at the weekend.

I agree. He is extremely good, but there are better that don't get the exposure because they just don't have the same persona that he does, and a HUGE part of that is his Irish accent.

When Conor was at that point in his career, he was getting tapped out by guys you've literally never heard of.

Come back down to planet earth.

this is why dern is faking that brazilian accent so bad
she knows it is the key to being the GOAT of WMMA

Back