Conor McGregor's Head Movement

he showed some really good head movement here:

giphy.gif
best ever

I know he gets a lot of shit for getting tagged with Nate's 1-2, but I think he struggled with Nate's range the whole fight.
He hit a lot of shoulders, arms, and even when he did hit, he was at the end of his range.
If he connected in the sweet spot with some of those lefts, he would have put Diaz on rubbery legs, but he simply was not at the right distance.

On defense, I've seen it happen to Michael Johnson, Chad against Conor and now, Conor.
They think they are safely out of range, and they wind up on receiving end of a 95% extended 1-2.
Conor was nailed with the same straight left, in an eerily similar situation as Mendes, even down to where the punches landed.
They were both gassing and trying to recover just at the edge of range.

Hopefully he knows now that when he exits, he needs to make sure he's firmly in kick range, and not just out of his own range.
May be reaching, but it looks like Conor is used to being the longer fighter, and uses his own range to make sure he is out of harm's way.
Can't do that when you don't have the reach advantage.

The most ironic part of that fight was that Conor was beat by precision and timing.
He was jacked right in the jaw, right when he had his hands down, and precisely at the point of the fight when it mattered the most.

I think Conor will win this fight, now that he knows exactly what he's up against.
It's not going to be pretty though, and I wouldn't be surprised at either one getting the W.

that's fightmetric btw, maybe you should watch it again without McGregor's balls in your face

View attachment 131533

Difference being that McGregor's punches were hard ones, Nate's weren't necessarily.
People like to say Lawler won against Condit because of the power differential of the shots landed.

Good luck popping him with that 1-2 again Nate. You bettah rassle his ass

Nate got lucky. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. #conorbless #bum #moveup10weightclasses

You should watch Zahabi's breakdown of the fight. I was skeptical when I first heard he'd made one but I watched it and it was really interesting. He said he likes Conor's head movement but that it isn't fluid, it's explosive and fast but not fluid and it can't be sustained for long at a high pace..

A high pace like a Diaz fight for example.

Good point actually. Never thought about it this way, but indeed the dodging seems like an explosive move. Here are a few gifs. How he dodges and counters some of those punches is still pretty impressive.

WellmadeMadHorsechestnutleafminer.gif

AcrobaticBlushingHermitcrab.gif

GrimFirstEgret.gif

ThankfulIdioticEasteuropeanshepherd.gif

FreshGiftedFugu.gif

The Goat gassed. He will win this Saturday. TKO stoppage. Triology at MSG. Hope this isnt a WWE work.

Good luck popping him with that 1-2 again Nate. You bettah rassle his ass

@BRASIL WAND wow look something posted on reddit 13 hours ago, Sherdog is on the ball m8. Except on reddit a shit re-post like this wont be stuck on the front page all day.

He looks flowy as fuck. Sherdoggers are hard to impress.

Conor has great MMA striking. We know that. Even the haters know that, if they're being honest with themselves. But this video tells us nothing. Everyone has good head movement when they know the strikes are coming.

Back