Conor McGregor's Bio Revised (UFC 189 PPV Related)

jthatdude

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Don't know if anybody noticed this, but has anybody seen the updated bio on the UFC website? There is no mention of the 1 million buys anymore.

The fight attracted a record 16,019 fans to the MGM Grand Garden Arena with a $7.2-million live gate proving McGregor

How does it feel losing to a girl

When you put it all in context, it becomes clear. that entire world tour was for Aldo and conor. Once aldo pulled out, all the media, the tour was a total waste. With ronda, alot of things were going on, setting her ppv up to be a huge success. her winning the espy. her being in the news constantly about what she said about floyd. ect...

Plus, people were stoked about seeing conor fight aldo, not mendes. That fight lost a ton of momentum. Not to mention, ronda is a champion. at that time, conor wasn't.

There was also alot of bad blood between ronda and Betche. It will interesting to see who sells more now. Now that conor is a champion is more established.

Bethe did great selling the fight, I'm not sure Ronda vs Tate 3 will do as well but who knows.

Theres no way 190 pulled more then 900k.

189 was still bigger.

It's okay... everything is going to be alright. Conor will get his rematch and a chance to take the PPV title back.

There's nothing wrong with losing to the Champ. She's the champ for a reason....

It's okay... everything is going to be alright. Conor will get his rematch and a chance to take the PPV title back.

There's nothing wrong with losing to the Champ. She's the champ for a reason....

Ronda did it against a nobody like Bethe. Conor Mc will have Aldo, the #1 P4P fighter, 25-1, unbeaten since 'Nam, undisputed FW champion to help him sell the fight and the card. Also Conor Mc had Robbie Ruthless vs Rory Red King to help him sell 189.

Ronda did it against a nobody like Bethe. Conor Mc will have Aldo, the #1 P4P fighter, 25-1, unbeaten since 'Nam, undisputed FW champion to help him sell the fight and the card. Also Conor Mc had Robbie Ruthless vs Rory Red King to help him sell 189.

Maybe, but Conor was handicapped. Rousey got the benefit of a 1:30AM fight in Rio while Conor had to make do with fighting in that dump Las Vegas.

I mean, who would ever tune into a Vegas fight? Nobody! Right?

Maybe, but Conor was handicapped. Rousey got the benefit of a 1:30AM fight in Rio while Conor had to make do with fighting in that dump Las Vegas.

I mean, who would ever tune into a Vegas fight? Nobody! Right?

Plus Conor Mc fights those midgets that no one cares about while Ronda Rowdy fights those big girls. Also the core demographic for UFC is young girls who need a role model with Irish folk as distant second.

I'm sure this will be a great 20-page argument, but the fact that both UFC 189 and UFC 190 both did near/over 1 million is pretty insane. Who woulda seen this coming?

Back