• 12/30/2006 - UFC 66 - Liddell v. Ortiz II - 1,050,000
  • 12/28/2013 - UFC 168 - Weidman vs Silva II - 1,025,000
  • 12/12/2015 - UFC 194 - Aldo vs McGregor - 1,025,000
The biggest star in MMA history is asking to be paid his worth

And MMA """fans""" can't stand it

they some over exaggerated figures

mystic UL has spoken

#fakenumbers

These are Dave Meltzer reported. The industry standard.

The truth may hurt but that doesn't make it wrong.

mystic UL has spoke about dave meltzer in the past

he's known for fake news
he's a fraud

Dave Meltzer > a shit-posting meme'er on a message board

Why do fans care about numbers and money so much?!??!!

You don't get any and it makes no difference to our viewing experience. Holy FUCK Dana has a lot of you hypnotized.

If AAA tier MMA fighters can't be compensated fairly, future athletes will turn to other sports.

The future talent pool of MMA hinges on fighter pay. Boxing had to have federal legislation step in (the Ali Act) to make revenue splits fair for fighters.

Why would the future Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury want to compete for the UFC world title, if they can sell less PPVs for less money, be less famous and still make substantially more money competing in boxing.

The biggest star in MMA history is asking to be compensated fairly

And MMA """fans""" can't stand it / don't see his point

196 does 700k buys if McGregor fought RDA.

205 was selling over 1 million without Conor

202 sold the way it did because of Diaz, not Conor

v9Mlqw.gif

I'm no longer sure if SherDorks are willfully ignorant or frighteningly stupid​

196 does 700k buys if McGregor fought RDA.

205 was selling over 1 million without Conor

202 sold the way it did because of Diaz, not Conor
Ths is the stupidest logic I've ever seen, first things first the first ever current double champ fight in UFC history would have blown straight pass 700k PPV's, for god sake his fight against chad mendes for the interim did way more than 700k and Conor didn't even have 1 significant win at that point yet, 205 was not selling over 1 million without Conor it would have done 800k max and that still with a headliner like Jones vs Cormier 2 or something. 202 sold that way because of Conor haha, show me one example where Diaz has lead a PPV on his own and has been successful? Did the fact Nate beat him in the first fight contribute to the PPV rate yeah it did but it was because Nate was against Conor, you and I both know you put Nate on a card of his own he won't crack 300k PPV.

Conor McGregor already holds 4 of the top 10 MMA PPVs of all time
  • 08/20/2016 - UFC 202 - McGregor v Diaz II - 1,650,000
  • 07/11/2009 - UFC 100 - Lesnar v. Mir - 1,600,000
  • 03/05/2016 - UFC 196 - McGregor vs Diaz - 1,317,000
  • 11/12/2016 - UFC 205 - McGregor v Alvarez - 1,300,000
  • 11/15/2015 - UFC 193 - Rousey vs Holm - 1,100,000
  • 12/30/2016 - UFC 207 - Nunes v Rousey - 1,100,000
  • 07/03/2010 - UFC 116 - Lesnar vs. Carwin - 1,060,000
  • 12/30/2006 - UFC 66 - Liddell v. Ortiz II - 1,050,000
  • 12/28/2013 - UFC 168 - Weidman vs Silva II - 1,025,000
  • 12/12/2015 - UFC 194 - Aldo vs McGregor - 1,025,000
The biggest star in MMA history is asking to be paid his worth

And MMA """fans""" can't stand it

These are Dave Meltzer reported. The industry standard.

The truth may hurt but that doesn't make it wrong.

If AAA tier MMA fighters can't be compensated fairly, future athletes will turn to other sports.

The future talent pool of MMA hinges on fighter pay. Boxing had to have federal legislation step in (the Ali Act) to make revenue splits fair for fighters.

Why would the future Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury want to compete for the UFC world title, if they can sell less PPVs for less money, be less famous and still make substantially more money competing in boxing.

The biggest star in MMA history is asking to be compensated fairly

And MMA """fans""" can't stand it / don't see his point

I'm no longer sure if SherDorks are willfully ignorant or frighteningly stupid​
mystic UL has spoke about dave meltzer in the past

he's known for fake news
he's a fraud

Ths is the stupidest logic I've ever seen, first things first the first ever current double champ fight in UFC history would have blown straight pass 700k PPV's, for god sake his fight against chad mendes for the interim did way more than 700k and Conor didn't even have 1 significant win at that point yet, 205 was not selling over 1 million without Conor it would have done 800k max and that still with a headliner like Jones vs Cormier 2 or something. 202 sold that way because of Conor haha, show me one example where Diaz has lead a PPV on his own and has been successful? Did the fact Nate beat him in the first fight contribute to the PPV rate yeah it did but it was because Nate was against Conor, you and I both know you put Nate on a card of his own he won't crack 300k PPV.

Prove 196 would've sold more. 205 didn't even sell more than 196 and it had 3 title fights on it. "Conor's" top 2 PPV's have Nate Diaz in them. Nate killed Conor in the shit talking then choked him out for 196.

Conor followed suit in everything Nate did leading up to 202. The biggest thing before that fight was the bottle/can throwing. Nate started that, Conor followed.

Prove me wrong

Jesus . I remember when how much s fighter was making and how many ppvs were being sold was like the last possible thought when a fight had hype or was getting scheduled. Remember when the ACTUAL FUCKING FIGHT was what mattered

Prove 196 would've sold more. 205 didn't even sell more than 196 and it had 3 title fights on it. "Conor's" top 2 PPV's have Nate Diaz in them. Nate killed Conor in the shit talking then choked him out for 196.

Conor followed suit in everything Nate did leading up to 202. The biggest thing before that fight was the bottle/can throwing. Nate started that, Conor followed.

Prove me wrong
Yes I agree that Nate will give Conor the biggest PPV's you dont understand my point, he is only a draw against conor because Nate was able to win and had some nice antics up his sleeve, yeah I think before 196 Nate did win the shit talking, yeah conor did follow suit with Nate by getting in new training partners and elite conditoing coaching and yeah he got on the bicycle like nate does, yeah the bottle/can throwing was the biggest thing before the fight but THIS ALL GOES IF CONOR WASN'T THERE, Conor has shown he can do it on his own, Nate hasn't and never will there is a reason he only wants to fight against Conor because he know's he is on his A game when promoting that fight.

All this proves...is money made Conor soft....

He helped a domestic abuser earn 100 mil. F that guy and the leprechaun he rode in on.

You don't get any and it makes no difference to our viewing experience. Holy FUCK Dana has a lot of you hypnotized.
well numbers didctate matchmaking now, so of course fans will care ( i wish its didnt impact matchmaking )

but even outside of that its pretty interesting to looks at these numbers

None of these guys expect to be paid like Conor. The numbers don't lie and they realize that. But a lot of them deserve more than 20k to show 20k to win. Some solid fighters on the roster only making 50k to show. So think even if they win they get 100k. Minus 15% to a manger. Another 20% to taxes and another 10-15% for training camp. That leaves them with potentially 50-60k after the fight maybe even less depending on the taxes that have to be paid out. UFC is realistically only paying it's fighters about 15% of what they are making and that's me reaching.

EDIT: and add the money UFC makes from sponsors that they place on mat and from Reebok it could be much less. UFC fighters have to use this bland Reebok look while the mat looks like a nascar vehicle. Never understood that.

I think he's saying Conor will fight if they pay him what he's worth. The numbers show that he's the biggest draw in the UFC and he deserves to get paid. I think that's why he posted the numbers. Makes sense to me.

Back