News Conor McGregor's £2m Dublin pub has been petrol bombed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a forbidden thought?
Could it literally be a publicity stunt? After all, there was neither damage nor injury, but plenty of chatter about Conor and his pub.

If Conor has his insurances lined up this could be a big payday.

the bar is now as "notorious" as Conor is, and will be packed with people for the next year. will do well for his upcoming chain of pubs $$$$$.

It looks ok, I'd visit if I was in the area. No loss of life thankfully so don't really care, not big news, hope they catch the dirty bastards.
It’s probably an insurance fraud scene done by McConner.

It’s probably an insurance fraud scene done by McConner.

Throwing a molotov while people are there, and almost as I understand it no damage to the building.
If you want insurance you wanna burn down the whole place more or less.

Feels more like a warning, McG has pissed some body off.
If its some big shots or some local hood rats, who knows?

Every single Irish person I have spoken to or
Met absolutely love him lol
Are all the Irish you've met the kind of young men who start fights in Las Vegas though? Because I can assure you that the majority of Irish people think he's a piece of shit. I'm talking about the average person, middle Ireland, the silent majority. Because they think he's an embarrassment to the country.

Look at the comments on this article about the Poirier fight on an Irish news website to get a sense of what people think of him: https://www.the42.ie/leg-injury-to-...-bout-against-dustin-poirier-5491984-Jul2021/

Are all the Irish you've met the kind of young men who start fights in Las Vegas though? Because I can assure you that the majority of Irish people think he's a piece of shit. I'm talking about the average person, middle Ireland, the silent majority. Because they think he's an embarrassment to the country.

Look at the comments on this article about the Poirier fight on an Irish news website to get a sense of what people think of him: https://www.the42.ie/leg-injury-to-...-bout-against-dustin-poirier-5491984-Jul2021/

Nope mostly young couples on holidays (before the lockdowns.)

Have a good read of the comments its the same group of haters sounding off to each other. I would need a larger sample. I just don’t buy that he is as universally hated as some claim.

He seems extremely popular.

Last edited:
Throwing a molotov while people are there, and almost as I understand it no damage to the building.
If you want insurance you wanna burn down the whole place more or less.

Feels more like a warning, McG has pissed some body off.
If its some big shots or some local hood rats, who knows?

Feels more like some idiot kids tbh.

If it was “gangsters” the likelihood of them stuffing up would be pretty low.

Im honestly glad no one got hurt.

For those discussing billionaires security details… obviously it varies case by case, depending how public their lives and whereabouts are, but I’ve met two and in both cases the setup was something like this:

- one truly top tier former special forces guy, clearly armed and hyper attentive, following them everywhere

- a second former special forces guy, likely armed, driving the car or following in a second car if they were driving themselves

- a third former special forces guy, likely armed, staying at their main home when they are out or away

- a fourth special forces guy as a “jolly” who joins the team for crowded events, follows the spouse or family if traveling separately, etc

- several normal unarmed security guys as drivers/carers for spouse going shopping, kids going to school, monitoring holiday homes when noone is there, helping the main team out at crowded events, etc.

For those discussing billionaires security details… obviously it varies case by case, depending how public their lives and whereabouts are, but I’ve met two and in both cases the setup was something like this:

- one truly top tier former special forces guy, clearly armed and hyper attentive, following them everywhere

- a second former special forces guy, likely armed, driving the car or following in a second car if they were driving themselves

- a third former special forces guy, likely armed, staying at their main home when they are out or away

- a fourth special forces guy as a “jolly” who joins the team for crowded events, follows the spouse or family if traveling separately, etc

- several normal unarmed security guys as drivers/carers for spouse going shopping, kids going to school, monitoring holiday homes when noone is there, helping the main team out at crowded events, etc.
Impressive. And effective no doubt in almost all circumstances.
But no one can be perfectly protected, not even Presidents.

In Conor's case, I doubt anyone at all is trying to kill him. He wasn't even personally attacked.

I'm Irish.

I like McGregor. I think he's done idiotic things in his life, foremost of which is becoming friendly with members of the Kinahan Cartel, and certainly lost self control and self discipline after his big Floyd payday. But all in all I think he's a likeable rogue.

He does a lot of positive stuff in his community that never gets any publicity because everyone's obsessed with the negativity and we're a nation of begrudgers. We're also traditionally a nation of humble, unassuming folk and a brash, self confident, flashy person is generally always considered to be anethema to Irish society.

Overall I'd say most of Ireland, maybe 66% of the country, think he's a national disgrace. But most of them are the type who think MMA is human cockfighting and everyone and anyone involved in it is a thug. Of the remainder, I'd say it's split between those who admire him as a fighter but think he's gone off the rails and would hope he somehow pulls himself together again, and those who think he's an absolute legend and will always back him 100%.

That's a fair post

I would have guessed from people I converse with around 80% despise him. Though I'm from the North of the Island, So I guess he would have some more that like him in the free state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back