News Conor McGregor's £2m Dublin pub has been petrol bombed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a close friend from Ireland that is also big into MMA/Boxing/Kickboxing.
We've talked about McGregor a few times and he's actually given me a lot of local intel.
According to him, McGregor was actually well received in Ireland for some time at the beginning.
But once McGregor started getting real money is when he started hanging around with actual Irish thugs/gangsters. There was never any previous association between the two.
He said the gangsters over there knew exactly what they were doing. They'd chum around with McGregor for a bit, and it made McGregor feel like he's a "real thug gangster".
Meanwhile they started getting him hooked on whatever he fancied (girls, but most importantly; drugs).
Over time the relationship swung from "McGregor and his 'friends' " and now the Gangs effectively own McGregor.
They have him hooked. He works for them as they likely have tons of dirt on him at this point that they can go to the police/public with. They control him with his drug habits. And they probably have a close eye on him and his family.
I imagine that's the real reason he keeps "working" so hard. He said many times he wanted to get in, get rich, and get out, and yet here he is frothing at the mouth trying desperately hard to get another match as his body is rapidly falling apart.

TLDR: We was initial well liked in Ireland, but his gang associations, drug use, antics and disrespect have made him quite unpopular.

LOL.

Been expressing this for years long before the gang nonsense.

Just returned from Dublin and nothing has changed. He was supported when he was a young up and comer, making the country proud.

Around the time of Aldo, there as a shift. The casuals took over from the one-punch knockout. Everyone at the pub (who couldn't fight) was throwing punches. It was pathetic.
Bar owners had enough of these casuals, they stopped showing UFC altogether on tv screens.
Regular people saw another arrogant shit talker, and nobody cared about UFC.

The drugs thing wasn't started by the gangs. It began long before that, when he was drinking a lot.

Can give you dozens of stories, direct from family, all of which box & train (formerly with or in his presence).
They are utterly pathetic. Lost all respect for the guy.
For every time he donates money to a boxing gym, or anywhere, you best remember a few months (or weeks) before that...
he went too far on some person (kid/barely trained/non-contender/old man/woman/etc), or acted the fool socially.
From acting like he OWNED business or the entire building when inside it (he didn't).
Including a family business, which makes it truly hilarious. Verbally shouting his ownership of random places, strictly ego, no actual ties to the business at all. Utter lie to sound big.
Ireland is like a small town, word travels. "Bad gas travels fast in a small town" as we say in Ontario.

Ireland has many legends beyond Mcgregor, but in this era, the american internet thinks he founded the country. It's ridiculous.

Sounds like your just making shit up.
The I own this town/ Business is part of his gimmick LoL. You are so stupid you can’t even see the act.

Smdh Haters are so fucking pathetic. Just after the Aldo fight was him at his absolute peak of fandom LoL

Not cool, but I'm sure he had fire insurance so he'll be fine.

Right LOL shit makes me laugh so hard.

Like you can't by cocain on your own with the amount of money Conor pulls in, but HAVE to rely on gangsters grooming you. Also Conor had ties to these people way the fuck back in time anyway. Fucking hell.

I'm Irish.

I like McGregor. I think he's done idiotic things in his life, foremost of which is becoming friendly with members of the Kinahan Cartel, and certainly lost self control and self discipline after his big Floyd payday. But all in all I think he's a likeable rogue.

He does a lot of positive stuff in his community that never gets any publicity because everyone's obsessed with the negativity and we're a nation of begrudgers. We're also traditionally a nation of humble, unassuming folk and a brash, self confident, flashy person is generally always considered to be anethema to Irish society.

Overall I'd say most of Ireland, maybe 66% of the country, think he's a national disgrace. But most of them are the type who think MMA is human cockfighting and everyone and anyone involved in it is a thug. Of the remainder, I'd say it's split between those who admire him as a fighter but think he's gone off the rails and would hope he somehow pulls himself together again, and those who think he's an absolute legend and will always back him 100%.

Told y'all,
people in ireland don't actually like Conor.
He sells to casuals and fake-irish types (born in North America).
Just got back from Dublin and he's still banned from quite a few places (that he's never been to).
Not many locals are proud of that dude. Fighting idiots are a dime a dozen.
so basically an national embarrassment?

I'm Irish.

I like McGregor. I think he's done idiotic things in his life, foremost of which is becoming friendly with members of the Kinahan Cartel, and certainly lost self control and self discipline after his big Floyd payday. But all in all I think he's a likeable rogue.

He does a lot of positive stuff in his community that never gets any publicity because everyone's obsessed with the negativity and we're a nation of begrudgers. We're also traditionally a nation of humble, unassuming folk and a brash, self confident, flashy person is generally always considered to be anathema to Irish society.

Overall I'd say most of Ireland, maybe 66% of the country, think he's a national disgrace. But most of them are the type who think MMA is human cockfighting and everyone and anyone involved in it is a thug. Of the remainder, I'd say it's split between those who admire him as a fighter but think he's gone off the rails and would hope he somehow pulls himself together again, and those who think he's an absolute legend and will always back him 100%.
Excellent post.

You bring up many interesting points here and clearly are up to date on your McHistory, some of which may be the reason he was targeted. After the Mayweather fight there were rumors of him sexually assaulting a number of women, so perhaps it could be an angry boyfriend? There were also rumors that he punched some gang member and there was a potential hit out on his head. And of course he was running with the Kinahan Cartel, and naturally there could always be collateral for having such associations.

I have always said that Conor reminded me of the tragic hero from the movie Barry Lyndon, another Irish upstart that made his way from Irish poverty to the top of the world using his pugilistic talents, but his appetite for woman and drink, his explosive temper and insatiable desire for more than he could chew was his undoing. Many of your Irish heroes have a similar Faustian story arc too, they reach the stars but have unfortunate endings, and often are troubled by vice (see the Kennedy family in the USA).

This is all to say that I hope Conor has a wonderful life, cleans up, rides off into the sunset with a happy family, but I have a nagging feeling that his ending will not be a happy one, whether it be ending up in jail or in a coffin before he is 50. It is at the point that nothing surprises me anymore, and when he is in the headlines it is almost always negative.

No damage. Attackers on scooters.

Sounds like kids to me.
The police just released an image of the suspect escaping the scene.
bearded-man-holding-electric-scooter-260nw-1068629378.jpg

This tells you everything about him.
Scooters are a go to mean of transportation for criminals, several murderers have fled on them and they are used in shootings.
They are pretty common so not easy to pick out for eye witnesses they all look the same. They are fast enough to get away from the scene. They can be used where cars cant.
Same goes for donkeys.

usually once you are a billionaire you have military trained security. Not easy for some gangsters to get him. Why do you think billionaires are not getting robbed or kidnapped every day?
(okay, Conor is not a billionaire but he has hundreds of millions, he can afford it for sure)

LOL, you're living in a movie.
You think he's got a couple Jason Bourne's shadowing him at all times or something? No doubt he has security but what do you think that automatically prevents?
Billionaires do in fact have very regimented movement and schedules where public appearances are planned and security enacted. Conor McGregor doesn't even come close to this circle of condition.

Imagine having a cursory glance through human history and coming to the opinion that it's almost impossible to kill a B-list celebrity with a two man security force.

LOL, you're living in a movie.
You think he's got a couple Jason Bourne's shadowing him at all times or something? No doubt he has security but what do you think that automatically prevents?
Billionaires do in fact have very regimented movement and schedules where public appearances are planned and security enacted. Conor McGregor doesn't even come close to this circle of condition.

Imagine having a cursory glance through human history and coming to the opinion that it's almost impossible to kill a B-list celebrity with a two man security force.
it is quite rare that something violent happens to people as rich as Conor. It is a lot more dangerous to be poor. You would think otherwise. The difference is security. You are the one living in a movie. Gangsters are generally dumb. A couple of trained military would stop most.

it is quite rare that something violent happens to people as rich as Conor. It is a lot more dangerous to be poor. You would think otherwise. The difference is security. You are the one living in a movie. Gangsters are generally dumb. A couple of trained military would stop most.

Assassinations are ultra-rare in general. Your reason for believing why they're rare, particularly as it relates to a relative nobody like Conor McGregor (he holds no real power) is nonsensical. Anybody could murder Conor if they wanted to without much effort given his typically common public profile (certainly organized crime would no trouble eliminating a guy like him).

Last edited:
Everyone here knows i am a Mcg hater, but property damage and arson isn't something to brag about. I hope there wasn't any people injured or something. Which brings this question, isn't this an attack on Mcg's property due to something he might have done to the Irish mafia?

Assassinations are ultra-rare in general. Your reason for believing why they're rare, particularly as it relates to a relative nobody like Conor McGregor (he holds no real power) is nonsensical. Anybody could murder Conor if they wanted to without much effort given his typically common public profile (certainly organized crime would no trouble eliminating a guy like him).
I bet you 100 USD he won't get murdered

I bet you 100 USD he won't get murdered

Concession accepted. None of the education you received was predicated on me implying this would actually occur. Stay in school!

This guy thought he could disrespect Kildare, the origin of all Leprechaun. He done goofed.

Somebody set up a gofundme for the Black Forge Inn and inform Dana I’ll have to skip a PPV or two

I honestly wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to wake up one morning to find out Conor has been murked by gangsters, body found in a dumpster somewhere. The associations this guy has made and kept is always a potential problem.

He doesn't appear to be very well liked by the public either (anybody from Ireland comment on his general popularity there?). If he behaves like he did with Poirier/Jolene in real life with the wrong people, it doesn't matter how much money he has in his wallet.
Nah you’re wishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back