"Conor McGregor will beat Khabib Nurmagomedov" --- Urijah Faber

Ill AV bet against anyone that think Conor can beat Khabib. I usually don't bet unless i know 100% im right.

Of course he will. I'm ready to bet every dollar to my name that Conor comes out on top in this one.

Khabib is just the new 'boogeyman' that's supposedly gonna expose McGregor once and for all. Once he loses, the same people praising him now will label him overrated so as to dismiss Conor's win victory over him. Seen this song and dance before.

there's a very clear difference In what genuine martial artists and those with high fight IQ feel In regards to Conor than those who just watch.

Which is the reason for how Conor is so ridiculously underrated on these forums where presumably 80% of people here have never set foot In a gym.

He kind of flip flops there though.

He says Khabib can also win if he is able to take Conor down, over and over.
The key point to be taken away from this is that Faber doesn't consider the result of this match-up a foregone conclusion like most people here seem to, for example.

Neither do I.

The key point to be taken away from this is that Faber doesn't consider the result of this match-up a foregone conclusion like most people here seem to, for example.

Neither do I.
It's perfectly fine to pick a side In this and there's validity to both arguments.

Those who think this is a foregone conclusion for Khabib is probably like 60% of the whole forum though, which shows the overall stupidity of this place when It comes to thoughtful analysis I feel.

Wtf are you saying Faber?

<{Joewithit}>

The truth.

Conor bless.

maxresdefault.jpg

Holy shit his chin looks like a hairy asshole.

Khabib is just the new 'boogeyman' that's supposedly gonna expose McGregor once and for all. Once he loses, the same people praising him now will label him overrated so as to dismiss Conor's win victory over him. Seen this song and dance before.

You must be new to MMA. People have been saying Khabib is going to dominate LW since before Conor was even in the UFC. Fighting Conor has obviously amplified that, but Khabib has been considered the future of the LW division for a really long time. Unlike Eddie or Nate or any other Conor opponent besides Aldo, Khabib would be a sizable favorite over every other LW/FW in the world. Its obviously not the same "song and dance"

You are right that IF Conor wins, Khabib will wrongfully be called overrated and a bum though. Its embarrassing how Aldo (a top 5 ever) is talked about after losing to Conor

Last edited:
It's perfectly fine to pick a side In this and there's validity to both arguments.

Those who think this is a foregone conclusion for Khabib is probably like 60% of the whole forum though, which shows the overall stupidity of this place when It comes to thoughtful analysis I feel.

That and Conor spawns a lot of hate and thus bias as well I suppose lol
I think these confident predictions counting Conor out completely stem from a combination of mainly two things:

- Negative bias towards Conor due to the fact that he's been acting like a complete moron in public for the last few years or so and not having actually fought in MMA for a long ass time, not only frustrating the MMA bubble but also his own pre-existing fanbase by freezing the 155lbs title picture for way too long of a time period, and on top of that, people haven't seen him fight for a long time and it's only natural for the perceived impression of his fighting ability to fade, when conversely, Khabib has put in two dominant performances that are fresh in the minds of everyone.

- The fact that we, the long-time MMA fans, have become accustomed to the stereotype of elite strikers being food for the elite grapplers when it comes to the extreme top of the heap talent in this sport. Over time, we've seen so many hype-generating striking based fighters get picked up and slammed onto the ground and having the air punched out of both their lungs and their careers. It's hard to not subject this match-up to the same type of categorical thinking, especially with a pre-existing bias in place like I described above.

Edit: Kudos to anyone who has the willpower to even attempt to read that jumble of words.

You must be new to MMA. People have been saying Khabib is going to dominate LW since before Conor was even in the UFC. Fighting Conor has obviously amplified that, but Khabib has been considered the future of the LW division for a really long time

You are right that IF Conor wins Khabib will be called overrated and a bum though.

I know how much of a beast Khabib is, I'm just saying he's easy work for Conor.

Deal, sad 'cause you got yourself a pretty good AV
Its pretty iconic at this point, I changed AV a couple of times and people would keep quoting me telling me to change it back.

It wont change here though, how do we keep track? I tend to forget shit quick.

This is just a really stupid thing to say. Conor actually gets underrated by his haters, but he has shown nothing that suggests it will be easy work for him. Conor being a million times more popular and still being the underdog should tell you something. Either can win, but stylistically, smart money is on Khabib

Its pretty iconic at this point, I changed AV a couple of times and people would keep quoting me telling me to change it back.

It wont change here though, how do we keep track? I tend to forget shit quick.

I'm a drunk but,
If they annouced the fight at the presser, I should be able to remember it .

Khabib isn't easy work for anyone. And if you legitimately think that he cannot win then you are actually insane. This fight can go either way and Khabib's chances are pretty good.

Conor hasn't had an MMA fight since 2016. Nobody has any idea how he'll look inside the cage.

This is just a really stupid thing to say. Conor actually gets underrated by his haters, but he has shown nothing that suggests it will be easy work for him. Conor being a million times more popular and still being the underdog should tell you something. Either can win, but stylistically smart money is on Khabib

Nah. Smart money is on Conor since every fight begins on the feet and as long as they're on the feet, they're in Conor's wheelhouse. The onus will be on Khabib to get the fight where he wants it. I don't see him lasting that long, though. I think Conor will end it in one round.

Khabib isn't easy work for anyone. And if you legitimately think that he cannot win then you are actually insane. This fight can go either way and Khabib's chances are pretty good.

lol Conor is winning. Probably in one round. I know I sound like a nuthugger but I am not, not without reason anyway. I simply know McGregor has The Eagle's number.

Back