Conor McGregor will be a dangerous man in his return

Errr ummm...McGregor's left hand or something.

Ken Shamrock is the worlds most dangerous man.

Dont confuse danger with being any good at fighting.

Shamrock is dangerous in the literal sense.

The man is a liability, the type of dude that'll make your insurance go up.

I know the promoter has to pay more when his name is on the card that :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: might die.

Dangerous to himself.

Nobody can take that left balloon foot.

Toes clean out the sockets.

He's the only one who has fought the greatest boxer of all time AND the greatest grappler of all time. He's seen it all, he's been through it all. You're looking at a fighting veteran. As long as he avoids rematches, every other opponent will pale in comparison to what he's gone through.
0413NVE00002.jpg

Dangerous to the public behind the wheel not to his opponent in the cage.

Floyd is not the greatest boxer, he's not even 'the best' boxer. The best boxer ever is probably Duran in '79.

Same for Khabib in his field.
P4p in his prime, maybe

I liked Leonard, his speed and combinations we're legendary. Robinson was a bad motherfucker too

I think you could argue Floyd being the best defensive boxer of all time. If his hands weren't fucked I think he'd be a lot further up the list overall

I blame Aldo for these threads. If he didn't run into that hand early, he would have made him quit.

Tell me when he signs a bout agreement. Until then, he ain't shit.

P4p in his prime, maybe

I liked Leonard, his speed and combinations we're legendary. Robinson was a bad motherfucker too

I think you could argue Floyd being the best defensive boxer of all time. If his hands weren't fucked I think he'd be a lot further up the list overall

As we don't have enough video evidence of SRR and other old timers, I like to rate fighters i have seen with video evidence!

If Hearns had a better I.Q and perhaps chin, he would be one of the greatest I have ever seen

I think from the neck down, he was a more formidable fighter than Ray Leonard

However, Ray Leonard had one of the greatest boxing minds (barring his first Duran fight)

If we are talking fighters in their absolute prime, who do I think is the best? Roy Jones jr hands down! His agility and sheer athleticism is something I have never seen before. and will likely never see in a ring again. He really was superman! He didn't always fight top guys, but he was levels above the good guys he fought and he took a very skilled, defensive wizard Toney to school (though Toney was somewhat drained in that fight)

As Max Kellerman says, Floyd was basically in his prime, while Roy was top of the game.

Absolutely nobody put Floyd ahead of Roy at that time.

But if you consider level of competition and longevity, then Floyd has a case for being the best p4p in the modern era. His ring generalship and I.Q sets him apart from many of the All time greats and that's why he was able to have the longevity he had. Floyd will be more appreciated as the years pass by.

I can't mention Floyd, without mentioning Pacman. Many will have Manny as higher, as he fought in more divisions and he wasn't afraid to step in with anyone. The knockout he suffered from Marquez was brutal and would of ruined many a fighter. But similar to Duran when he got destroyed by Hearns, he was able to rise above it and go back to beating top guys straight after. That is GOAT level mindset and will to be the best!

Lennox Lewis is another that is only getting the appreciation now. When he was still an active fighter, many claimed he was just beating shot fighters in Tyson and Holyfield. Many were fans of these guys and could not look at Lewis career objectively.

My post is long winded, but picking a GOAT is impossible and it comes down to nostalgia and personal preference.

I do think that Manny and Floyd will rank up there long after they retire. These guys were true greats and what Manny is still doing in his 40's is truly remarkable. Ray Leonard was losing to lesser fighters in his 30's, as was Ali and many other greats. Floyd and Manny were/are schooling fighters well into their 30's and 40's!

I think Ray Leonard and Floyd were greater fighters than Duran and Pacquiao, but the latter have arguably greater legacies.

I haven't even mentioned old time fighters, as I think it's easier to debate with what we have seen, rather than what we have read.

Boxing is so steep in history, that you could easily have 50 fighters in your top 10.

MMA will be similar in another 100 years!

He's the only one who has fought the greatest boxer of all time AND the greatest grappler of all time. He's seen it all, he's been through it all. You're looking at a fighting veteran. As long as he avoids rematches, every other opponent will pale in comparison to what he's gone through.

So if i get my ass kicked by karelin and also bruce lee i will then be able to beat both

All you need to do is get your ass kicked by everyone and then youve seen it all

This is why artem is lord

Seriously, all old drunks should keep their head on a swivel when he returns drunk and coked up to the local bar.

I really enjoyed Connor's run up until the Mayweather fight, after that it was clear that money is the goal for Connor, not fighting. I do not believe that the hunger is there for him anymore , I think that we will never see the guy as he was when we enjoyed watching him win becasue we like him or loose because we hate him. His comeback is pointless and he most certainly will not be a more dangerous fighter than he was. Retirement from MMA is the best option for him and us as fight fans.

Conor uses a style that will not age well. Hes dependent on being explosive which is a bad thing when u get up in age, and especially if youve been drinking booz and using drugs over a longer period of time. On top of that he didnt have great cardio when he trained all year round. The left he dropped on that old dude in the bar was slow and telegraphed and did nothing to the man... Conor will look slow and get fatigued faast in hes return to top level fighting. If he tries to push through fatigue in training camp hes body will breake!!

source.gif

LOl LOL LOL...you almost made me black out with laughter LOL...don't make list fighters that Conor don't want to see in a cage LOL...I've done it other threads ….don't make me do it LOL

Back