Conor McGregor WICKED kick!! (Gif)

So he's either the greatest goat that ever lived or he is throwing a baby TKD kick that almost anyone can do. Gotta love how divided sherdog is...

Started TKD when I was 15...many years ago. Definitely learn a lot of flashy, useless, kicks and setups. As it sounds like you are aware.

Not saying it wouldn't be cool to land, but saying that is an "advanced" kick is crazy.

That is pretty much my point but everyone just says I'm a fat neckbeard troll/hater.

lol that dude did karate for like seven years. You're a troll.

Still doubt he can do that as quickly and fluidly as Conor did. Who cares if it's flashy? I doubt the majority of fighters in the UFC can do that with that degree of coordination (and, again, I doubt he can for that matter).

according to you every little tae won do girl is the goat then hahahah

Im enjoying Connor's run and Im glad the sport has a new star like him but the way these geeks are nuthugging is way out of proportion to what he's actually accomplished.

Im in the same boat. But i think they are being facetious or at least i hope.

If someone like Uriah Hall had done it some of these same bottom feeders would be suddenly glorifying it. Jon Jones throws a spinning elbow and people act like he invented it.

Spinning shit annoys me as much as a Diaz. Don't get me wrong, there are guys that pull it off amazingly well from time-to-time. But overall, if you enter during the start of the spin into the direction of the spin, you are never in trouble.

Spinning shit plays off the basic problem many MMA fighters have of moving backward whenever spins start.

I like Conor and all, but this topic is either troll or even worse.

This will be the downfall of Conor. Throws too many hipster kicks and is going to get chewed up by a good striker.

So he's either the greatest goat that ever lived or he is throwing a baby TKD kick that almost anyone can do. Gotta love how divided sherdog is...

Its funny because I'm a big Conor fan and I'm definitely rooting for him to win the title, i just dont think that his kick was WICKED. Cool, yeah sure i love everything that is flashy ,WICKED, no.

Oh and btw when i said that everyone who doesnt have 0 coordination, athleticism and flexibility can do i it i should have said that not everyone is able to do it as fluid as McGregor (which I thought was obvious but never count out the lack of intelligence of sherdoggers i guess), but to act as if a fake tornado kick into a capoeira wheel kick is proof that he is a vastly superior striker to Aldo and that it is a crazy, fascinating kick is just crazy.

The haters are really reaching in this thread.

For an amateur champion boxer to develop that speed and technique in that is highly impressive. There may be better kicks out there but that was executed superbly.

This is actually one of the reasons why i like Conor so much, but i never was saying that it wasn't executed well, i was just saying that the kick itself isn't THAT impressive. Landing it or even just doing it mid air (which is way harder btw, just google 540 hook kick gifs) would be hella impressive though.

He doesn't throw flashy spinning stuff with the purpose of landing it, he throws to bait his opponents into an exchange. What's impressive is that after he completes the kick he is in perfect position to counter.

Some of you Ultimate Keyboard Champions don't know much about fighting do you?

That's not even hard to be honest, just a fake tornado kick into a capoeira wheel kick. Do that mid air and you are actually doing something WICKED, since you are doing a 540 hook kick.

tumblr_mlz1f54xNq1qeztguo1_500.gif

pettisgif.gif

Pettis did it better :cool:

Lol Pettis did not do it better...

Lol Pettis did not do it better...

I meant better than Conor not the guy in the gif above.

And if you think Conor did it better you are mistaken, doing the mid air version of the kick is 10x harder.

I meant better than Conor not the guy in the gif above.

And if you think Conor did it better you are mistaken, doing the mid air version of the kick is 10x harder.

I did mean Conor did it better, his spin is faster his faint is better and doing it hand planted gives the idea of a level change. Also Pettis completely missed the pad.

Back