Conor McGregor: When will enough be enough?

Obviously you were joking that you stopped reading my post at attention span which would confirm that you have a short attention span which would be ironic.

This isn't irony! This is what my argument is about! If I stopped reading at attention span because I had a short attention span it would be perfectly in line with my short attention span! This is what I'm trying to tell you! I have had a lovely Christmas though, hope you have too, free of condescension and self righteousness and full of fun with loved ones. Merry Christmas you snotty twat.

You're still not getting it. Let me try this again.....

The irony of the comment is that I stated that you and others were claiming that my posts were too long because you have short attention spans. Your answer leaves the impression that you didn't bother to read the rest of the post thus unintentionally confirming that you have a short attention span. This was obviously a joke and I responded to it with sarcasm. You didn't get that I recognized that you were joking. I responded to your sarcastic response with sarcasm.

This reminds me of a story an English teacher told me about a coach who asked a player what his problem was and the player tried to give an indifferent response while unintentionally providing him with an answer.

I looked it up and this is what she was talking about:

"I told him,'Son, what is it with you. Is it ignorance or apathy?'
He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care."

--Utah Jazz President Frank Layden, on a former player

The irony here is that the player meant to convey that he was indifferent to what the coach was asking while inadvertently showing that he was both ignorant and apathetic. He doesn't know (ignorance) and doesn't care (apathy). The irony of someone saying that they stopped reading a comment at attention span is that their intention is to show that they don't care to read the full comment but they are inadvertently confirming that they have a short attention span. Obviously you didn't mean this literally. You were being sarcastic. My response was also sarcastic. The truth is you were trying to dodge a response because you couldn't challenge what I said so you told a joke. I responded to the comment with a joke. You need to work on detecting humor.

Also if you don't see the irony in BJ Penn telling Georges St. Pierre that he wanted to fight him to the death and was willing to die (not to mention talking trash about GSP tapping to strikes against Matt Serra and suggesting he would break him in the fight) then losing the fight by quitting then I don't know what to say. That is a prime example of an ironic outcome. You say that is how you are going to win and that ends up being how you lose.

Irony

n.

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning:
the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

2. Literature.
  1. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
  2. (especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
3. Socratic irony.

4. dramatic irony.

5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

6. the incongruity of this.

7. an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.

Any way I am getting bored of this. I never intended to enter this thread to explain the meaning of words. I thought the video was funny (not even that funny) and I would have moved on if it weren't for certain posters coming at me in a malicious manner. For what, giving an opinion on a satirical cartoon? Seriously, lighten up.

200w.gif

I assume the video was made before McGreggor went on vacation and got stripped.

That or sarcastic as hell.

His belt was on the line. That's a title defense.

Aldo's belt was on the line. Aldo was the one defending his belt not Conor. Conor became the undisputed Featherweight champion that night and unified his interim belt with the real belt. He hasn't defended the Featherweight or Lightweight title yet. Of course since he vacated the Featherweight title and it was given back to Aldo he never officially defended that belt. Winning the interim belt and beating the champion of the division is not a title defense.

Last edited:
I have an IQ above 140 and thought it was funny. It was silly however the point is that Conor McGregor does have an obsession with belts. First he gets the Featherweight belt. Then he wants the Lightweight belt. When he doesn't get his second belt in the Octagon to take photos (which is his fault he was supposed to bring his Featherweight belt) he complains so they give him Tyron Woodley's belt. Then at the press conference he actually suggests that he would move up in weight again for Woodley's Welterweight title (holding it was a sign of things to come)! Oh and he also said it would take an army to get him to vacate either belt and he is still calling himself a two division champion despite Aldo being given one of his belts. See a pattern? Relax. It's just satire. The only people who are offended by this or think it is extremely stupid are Conor McGregor fanboys who can't take a joke.

I have an IQ of 280 and didnt find it funny.

Sweet. This is the 3rd thread I've seen this cartoon on. I recall enjoying it.

Im a hater of irish jabroni but to be honest im not a fan of Flashgitz's sense of humor and i find hard for me to find some amusement on that particular video, however he showed some of irish jabroni's obsession for having a lot of belts.

That had some funny moments but not many.

Aldo's belt was on the line. Aldo was the one defending his belt not Conor. Conor became the undisputed Featherweight champion that night and unified his interim belt with the real belt. He hasn't defended the Featherweight or Lightweight title yet. Of course since he vacated the Featheweight title and it was given back to Aldo he never officially defended that belt. Winning the interim belt and beating the champion of the division is not a title defense.

Yes it is. He would've lost his interim title and aldo would've become the unified champion. That's called a title defense, not my fault you are too stupid to understand that!

A year after he was handed it. Conor walked out the MGM with the belt and Jose junior, a concussion.

Don't worry dweeb, life doesn't get better for broke bitter bums like you!
You sound really bitter about Aldo being the reigning world champion. It's Christmas, cheer up and play with your Hatchimal.

I have an IQ of 280 and didnt find it funny.

You can't score 280 on an IQ test....

Yes it is. He would've lost his interim title and aldo would've become the unified champion. That's called a title defense, not my fault you are too stupid to understand that!

I know you are in love with Conor McGregor but you clearly don't understand how the belt system works.

The idea behind an interim title is that when the real champion can't defend their belt contenders fight for an interim title and the winner becomes the temporary champion until they can fight the real champion and unify the belts. Conor McGregor's belt was not on the line. If he lost to Jose Aldo then Aldo unifies the belts and becomes undisputed champion. He would not be awarded an interim belt as he is already champion. Since McGregor won he was awarded Aldo's belt. He unified the belts but he did NOT defend a belt. That's why when the announcer introduces the fighter he never calls an interim champion a defending champion just like they would never say a reigning champion is defending his title in a non-title fight (which is why Nate Diaz can not rightfully say he became the Featherweight champion when he beat Conor McGregor).

While it won't always be the case, there have been numerous studies done proving the correlation between humor and intelligence. Humor is explained as something similar to pattern recognition and problem solving in some of the studies I read. It is this reason why it has been so hard to make computers funny. There have been many computers created for this purpose alone, as part of AI but there wasn't any successful one which could come up with more than a dumb joke.

Computers can't be funny because they aren't conscious. Any attempt to make a computer "funny" is an attempt to make them mimic humor, not genuinely create it as a human would. I said that humor and intelligence are related but you've misconstrued that relationship. Nearly every human is capable of the basic problem solving and pattern recognition necessary to get a joke as long as they aren't completely retarded and that isn't even relevant because we are talking about humor that isn't hard to get anyway. Someone of any level of intellect can laugh at someone falling on their ass for instance. Humor doesn't necessarily have to be subtle or "smart" to make an intelligent person laugh. Having a high level of intelligence may be beneficial in allowing someone to appreciate some forms of humor or perceive the comedy in certain situations but it doesn't preclude someone from finding humor in something more "low brow" as you implied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back