Conor McGregor: When will enough be enough?

There was no irony, just a simple joke.

Are you really that dense? Obviously you were joking that you stopped reading my post at attention span which would confirm that you have a short attention span which would be ironic. So I pretended to take that literally acknowledging that I get the joke. I'm starting to suspect that some people in this thread have a really bad sense of humor. It's one thing to not find a cartoon funny and it's another to insult people's intelligence for liking it then display a lack of basic reading comprehension skills and inability to recognize sarcasm while you are trying to insult them. Unbelievable.

Are you really that dense? Obviously you were joking that you stopped reading my post at attention span which would confirm that you have a short attention span which would be ironic. So I pretended to take that literally acknowledging that I get the joke. I'm starting to suspect that some people in this thread have a really bad sense of humor. It's one thing to not find a cartoon funny and it's another to insult people's intelligence for liking it then display a lack of basic reading comprehension skills and inability to recognize sarcasm while you are trying to insult them. Unbelievable.
But that isn't irony, it would be irony if I said I stopped reading at attention span but actually read the whole thing despite having a poor attention span (which I don't). You're saying it would be ironic for me to stop reading at attention span because I have a short attention span, that wouldn't be irony, that would be atypical of someone with a poor attention span.
Now the unfortunate thing here is you've accused me of being dense while trumpeting your own assumed superior IQ, you do not know what irony is (that's usually forgivable as it is a little tricky sometimes, Alanis morissette released a whole song about the subject, the only ironic thing about that song is it contains no irony), nor do you know my IQ, you just assume your superiority, that's not the move of an intelligent man.

But that isn't irony, it would be irony if I said I stopped reading at attention span but actually read the whole thing despite having a poor attention span (which I don't). You're saying it would be ironic for me to stop reading at attention span because I have a short attention span, that wouldn't be irony, that would be atypical of someone with a poor attention span.
Now the unfortunate thing here is you've accused me of being dense while trumpeting your own assumed superior IQ, you do not know what irony is (that's usually forgivable as it is a little tricky sometimes, Alanis morissette released a whole song about the subject, the only ironic thing about that song is it contains no irony), nor do you know my IQ, you just assume your superiority, that's not the move of an intelligent man.

Now I have to explain to you what irony is while being accused of not knowing what it is.....

Irony

n.

1. the humorous or mildly sarcastic use of words to imply the opposite of what they normally mean

2. an instance of this, used to draw attention to some incongruity or irrationality

3. incongruity between what is expected to be and what actually is, or a situation or result showing such incongruity

4. See dramatic irony

5. (philosophy) See Socratic irony
Word Origin
C16: from Latin ironia, from Greek eirōneia, from eirōn dissembler, from eirein to speak

The reason your comment would be ironic if taken seriously is that I accused you of having a short attention span because you are not able to read posts that you think are long (when they're really not) yet you stated that you didn't bother to read my post and stopped at "attention span" inadvertently confirming my accusation. Of course you were joking so in response I posted a link showing the relationship between poor reading comprehension, short attention span and learning disabilities. That was meant to be sarcastic. You didn't get it and pointed out that you were joking (which is also ironic as I clearly got the joke).

A good example of an ironic moment in MMA is when BJ Penn told Georges St. Pierre ahead of their rematch that they were going to fight to the death, that he wasn't going to stop, that he was willing to die and that he was going to try to kill him and he wasn't joking. A member of GSP's team commented that Penn put pressure on himself to live up to those words because if he lost the fight by submission or quitting that he was going to be really embarrassed. Of course what actually happened is BJ Penn's corner asked the doctor to stop the fight in between rounds because he was too exhausted and broken down to continue fulfilling that prediction which is the exact opposite of what BJ Penn wanted and expected to happen. That's irony.

So no irony would not be you finishing the post while saying that you didn't bother reading it. That would just be you lying by saying you did one thing and doing another. Irony is when you insult my intelligence, encourage others to do so, accuse me of not catching a joke when I dropped a hint that I did then trying to explain to me the meaning of irony while displaying that you don't fully understand what the word means.

That's irony.

The reason you made the joke in the first place is also obvious. You couldn't poke a hole in anything I said so you went with a joke about not bothering to read the post. I recommend that you quit now to avoid further humiliation because this conversation isn't going to get better for you. As for your IQ I never attempt to gauge anyone's intelligence I just point out to them when they are shooting themselves in the foot by displaying ignorance while trying to sound smart.

Last edited:
I have an IQ above 140 and thought it was funny. It was silly however the point is that Conor McGregor does have an obsession with belts. First he gets the Featherweight belt. Then he wants the Lightweight belt. When he doesn't get his second belt in the Octagon to take photos (which is his fault he was supposed to bring his Featherweight belt) he complains so they give him Tyron Woodley's belt. Then at the press conference he actually suggests that he would move up in weight again for Woodley's Welterweight title (holding it was a sign of things to come)! Oh and he also said it would take an army to get him to vacate either belt and he is still calling himself a two division champion despite Aldo being given one of his belts. See a pattern? Relax. It's just satire. The only people who are offended by this or think it is extremely stupid are Conor McGregor fanboys who can't take a joke.
Also he snatched Aldo's belt (twice) and Alvarez's belt off the conference table

IQ measures multiple aspects of intelligence though certainly not all aspects. I'm sure that my writing is better than yours and I only write as long as I feel is necessary. The motivation for your criticism is transparent. People who feel secure about who they are and what they are capable of don't feel the need to insult others.

/word

I wasn't sure how this thread would go over, but after seeing the pretentious arguments it started on intelligence and humor:
1324dfd733535e58dba70264e6d05c9b70346204d2cacef65abef9c702746d1c.jpg

If Conor fought as much as he flapped his jaws we wouldn't have a problem.

Now I have to explain to you what irony is while being accused of not knowing what it is.....

Irony

n.

1. the humorous or mildly sarcastic use of words to imply the opposite of what they normally mean

2. an instance of this, used to draw attention to some incongruity or irrationality

3. incongruity between what is expected to be and what actually is, or a situation or result showing such incongruity

4. See dramatic irony

5. (philosophy) See Socratic irony
Word Origin
C16: from Latin ironia, from Greek eirōneia, from eirōn dissembler, from eirein to speak

The reason your comment would be ironic if taken seriously is that I accused you of having a short attention span because you are not able to read posts that you think are long (when they're really not) yet you stated that you didn't bother to read my post and stopped at "attention span" inadvertently confirming my accusation. Of course you were joking so in response I posted a link showing the relationship between poor reading comprehension, short attention span and learning disabilities. That was meant to be sarcastic. You didn't get it and pointed out that you were joking (which is also ironic as I clearly got the joke).

A good example of an ironic moment in MMA is when BJ Penn told Georges St. Pierre ahead of their rematch that they were going to fight to the death, that he wasn't going to stop, that he was willing to die and that he was going to try to kill him and he wasn't joking. A member of GSP's team commented that Penn put pressure on himself to live up to those words because if he lost the fight by submission or quitting that he was going to be really embarrassed. Of course what actually happened is BJ Penn's corner asked the doctor to stop the fight in between rounds because he was too exhausted and broken down to continue fulfilling that prediction which is the exact opposite of what BJ Penn wanted and expected to happen. That's irony.

So no irony would not be you finishing the post while saying that you didn't bother reading it. That would just be you lying by saying you did one thing and doing another. Irony is when you insult my intelligence, encourage others to do so, accuse me of not catching a joke when I dropped a hint that I did then trying to explain to me the meaning of irony while displaying that you don't fully understand what the word means.

That's irony.

The reason you made the joke in the first place is also obvious. You couldn't poke a hole in anything I said so you went with a joke about not bothering to read the post. I recommend that you quit now to avoid further humiliation because this conversation isn't going to get better for you. As for your IQ I never attempt to gauge anyone's intelligence I just point out to them when they are shooting themselves in the foot by displaying ignorance while trying to sound smart.

While I'm not going to put the effort in that you have because it's Christmas and I've had a drink, your examples of irony are not irony, they're examples of being wrong, an example of irony is you going to great lengths to show me examples of irony and being wrong, that in itself is irony.
And what started out as a bit of banter has become seriously annoying due to your horrendously condescending style of conversation, you're coming across as an absolute prick son.
And humiliation? You have to be fucking kidding me.

While I'm not going to put the effort in that you have because it's Christmas and I've had a drink, your examples of irony are not irony, they're examples of being wrong, an example of irony is you going to great lengths to show me examples of irony and being wrong, that in itself is irony.
And what started out as a bit of banter has become seriously annoying due to your horrendously condescending style of conversation, you're coming across as an absolute prick son.
And humiliation? You have to be fucking kidding me.

That's also an ironic statement considering what you said at the beginning of this conversation which wasn't a bit of banter. And you're still showing that you don't understand what irony is even though I cited the dictionary definition. You really should just relax and enjoy your Christmas. This isn't productive discussion.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

That's also an ironic statement considering what you said at the beginning of this conversation which wasn't a bit of banter. And you're still showing that you don't understand what irony is even though I cited the dictionary definition. You really should just relax and enjoy your Christmas. This isn't productive discussion.

Obviously you were joking that you stopped reading my post at attention span which would confirm that you have a short attention span which would be ironic.

This isn't irony! This is what my argument is about! If I stopped reading at attention span because I had a short attention span it would be perfectly in line with my short attention span! This is what I'm trying to tell you! I have had a lovely Christmas though, hope you have too, free of condescension and self righteousness and full of fun with loved ones. Merry Christmas you snotty twat.

Back