Rumored Conor McGregor was a con man and a**hole from the very beginning, allegedly

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
IMG_20210801_115015.jpg

You can't believe everything you read on the internet, but this strangely seems plausible.

IMG_20210801_115015.jpg

You can't believe everything you read on the internet, but this strangely seems plausible.
eh, I'm calling bullshit unless its confirmed. I'm willing to give conor the benefit of the doubt here. It's easy to throw dirt on his name while he's shown to be a headcase. I rather stick with facts that I know.

Edit: It was confirmed in Kav's book. Another list of things to add to Conor being a douchebag.

Last edited:
Some of this stuff is confirmed by Conor's interview years back with Ariel, John and Conor are/were very close.

Idk about him beating up a girl in the gym, but yea Conor made some mistakes. Rededicated himself to MMA, and the rest was history (or swept under the rug).

{<shrug}

eh, I'm calling bullshit unless its confirmed. I'm willing to give conor the benefit of the doubt here. It's easy to throw dirt on his name while he's shown to be a headcase. I rather stick with facts that I know.

Well, the part about Conor hurting one of the girls at the gym is true at least. Kav confirmed this himself. He said he saw it happen, lost his shit, and beat Conor's ass for it. I think the girl was Aisling Daley.

The disturbing aspect is him beating up a woman though

I think it was just something where he hit a female training parter with a bodyshot that had a bit too much pepper on it and she went down. Kav got over-protective and beat him up over it.

Wasn't like Conor was beating the fuck out of some girl in the gym lol.

Well, the part about Conor hurting one of the girls at the gym is true at least. Kav confirmed this himself. He said he saw it happen, lost his shit, and beat Conor's ass for it. I think the girl was Aisling Daley.
I remember reading about that vaguely that he got into some altercation with his coach, his coach submitted him or some shit and Conor turned into a good pupil, but I didn't know it was over a woman or I didn't recall. Anyone have a link to the story?

iirc, he was hurting his sparring partners?? something like that?

The female was Aisling Daly, you can look it up. Kavanagh makes it seem not much nowadays but I'd think it must have been more for him to lose his rag like that.

The female was Aisling Daly, you can look it up. Kavanagh makes it seem not much nowadays but I'd think it must have been more for him to lose his rag like that.

Meh it says it was a bodyshot that dropped her..

I think it was just something where he hit a female training parter with a bodyshot that had a bit too much pepper on it and she went down. Kav got over-protective and beat him up over it.

Wasn't like Conor was beating the fuck out of some girl in the gym lol.
So Kav was an overreacting Dick Bag. Sounds like Kav was sleeping with her or something. Not a normal reaction to beat up a fighter for being too aggressive with another fighter.

It's not like Conor was taking liberties

There is a big asterisk next to Conor. He got very lucky against Aldo, I still contend that his punch while timed to perfection, was still extremely lucky to get a complete KO from a punch that wasn't even that hard. They both landed at the same time, and Aldo's shot was actually the harder of the two. For some reason Aldo went out from a shot that was far less powerful than say, the uppercut that Mendes caught him with, which was a true power shot. Maybe he had a bad weight cut or something? I still think Aldo wins that fight 8/10 times

He destroyed Alvarez, but Alvarez is one of the weakest LW champs of all time and put in an atrocious performance. Fought right into Conor's hands, basically setting himself up for counters. He got beat by Diaz, then scraped by Diaz in the second fight almost getting beat.. I think at the end of the day Conor is just a top 10 fighter, possibly top 3 in his prime, that got quite lucky with his matchups and the VARIANCE of combat sports, i.e sometimes you land a hard shot and the guy doesn't go out because of the angle or point on the skull it hits, othertimes you land a weak shot but he goes out cold because of those same factors working in your favour. The same happened with Poirier in their first fight, the shot he caught him with wasn't even a good shot, or that powerful, just got lucky with where it landed and for some reason Poirier went out.

Conor was basically like a guy in Roulette who has his numbers come in a few spins in a row. Good variance. Now we are seeing Conor getting neutral/bad variance and he is losing. i.e landing hard shots on Poirier but Poirier not going out cold this time, breaking his leg on a kick etc

IMG_20210801_115015.jpg

Say's more about John Kavanagh for continuing letting Conor get away with shitty behaviour and defending him. He seems like a stand up guy, but he knows Conor is his gravy train and doesn't want to lose his pot of gold (No pun intended). He mist die a little inside when he see's Conor's antics.

Back