Conor McGregor: Waiting Between Worlds

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TheLuckiest, Aug 19, 2015.

1. TheLuckiest

TheLuckiest Black Belt

Waiting Between Worlds is the song title. Before his meteoric rise, he was on welfare working a typical job. Now, he is a multinational celebrity and millionaire. Even if you dislike his antics and brash personality, he is genuine and consistent. He went from nobody to inspiration; from between obscurity to fame: truly a different world.

Even if you hate him, he offers consistency in the trash talk as well as what he delivers in the ring. He has brought life to the sport that was much needed, and the buzz around his bout with Aldo is palpable. Seeing this forum come to life discussing his fights is reminiscent of olden times when I was a mere lurker. Having roommates who don't watch MMA ask me when his next fight is has left me having a day to day outlet to discuss fighters and events that hadn't happened before.

I don't watch NFL, MLB, NBA, or NCAA. I watch MMA, and seeing ESPN cover UFC stories makes me feel like a sports fan, and I have things to talk about with casuals between the Olympics and whether wrestling will still be an event.

Enjoy, and Conor Bless.

[YT]d22jKmP8EOM[/YT]

2. Blanqa Blanqua

Blanqa Blanqua Silver Belt

If you are on welfare you are not working a job bro. You are being a bum. But yeah I love the guy.

3. TheLuckiest

TheLuckiest Black Belt

That's not true. Welfare encompasses a vast array of public services from unemployment to VA benefits to food stamps. You can work full time and still receive health care from the state for your children.

4. TheLuckiest

TheLuckiest Black Belt

5. Docile

Docile Brown Belt

Schooled

6. Dutchman101

Dutchman101 Purple Belt

I'm not guy who likes Conor's kind of trash talk, but to be objective, yes he's a good fighters and a great promotion for the ufc.
    But i have to say, he still doesn't fought bigger names. He fought Mendez, but he fought on short notice, so for me it's still not a real test.
    I'm very curious, how he will perform against Also, both of them had than a full camp, that's a real test.

7. Somardinho

Somardinho White Belt

He cant have been on the dole and working a job, it doesnt work like that, then again he is Irish, probably tarmac'd a few drives :icon_chee

8. Busa

Busa Purple Belt

also my company was in hard times they had us working 1 day a week and collecting unemployment

9. MarloStanfield

MarloStanfield The Wild Colonial Boy

i love you Conor

10. So Fresh

So Fresh Purple Belt

he sure worked hard to get here no doubt
    too bad they gave him the easy road once in the UFC

11. DIRTYCOP

DIRTYCOP Purple Belt

oh please, after he beats aldo you will say that he really needs a better test

12. Hoop

Hoop Black Belt

The excuses for the Aldo fight are ready made:

"He didn't fight in over a year"

"He came back too quick from the rib injury"

"Aldo was put off by Conor being clean shaven"

"He was so confused by this that in between rounds when he spilled his water he thought he was in Brazil handing over his piss sample"

There'll always be something. But I can't lie and say I don't enjoy reading the excuses and conspiracy theories.

13. SherdogGoat

SherdogGoat Platinum & Braco Belt Banned

I really like Conor, he has been backing up his trash talk nicely. I love his personality and I think he is what the sport needs but I am always reluctant to call myself a fan of his since most of his fans are annoying as fuck and downright unbearable.

14. KillerElite

KillerElite Carlos Condit knees people in the face

Duffy Bless.

15. CTYankee

CTYankee Brown Belt

Unemployment is not welfare. Your former employer/employers pay for it. It is different.

16. Jon Lock

Jon Lock Purple Belt

winner

17. Dutchman101

Dutchman101 Purple Belt

No, not at all. If he's able to beat Aldo, than you can say he's tested properly.
    But till now, he took the easy road. The only better fighter he had, was Max Holloway which he did quite good, but he wasn't able to finish him.
    Mendez is also a good fighter but fought on short notice, Mendez with a full camp could be much different for Conor.

18. Hoop

Hoop Black Belt

Duffy cheated in that fight. He and Conor made a pact they would both keep it on the feet until Lord Conor hit him with a thunderbolt of a shot Zeus would have been proud of. The punch actually rocked Duffy and if you look closely he fell forward on top of Conor. Our Lord showed a sign of weakness and mistakenly left himself open for a submission.

From that moment on, it was apparent the gentleman's agreement was broken and Judas Duffy was banished off to boxing eventually for his sins.

19. bawzzzz

bawzzzz Orange Belt

- footage quality: 9.5/10 (PPV source for Mendes fight)
    - cuts/montage: 10/10
    - song: 5/10
    - sync sound/picture: 8/10

20. Hoop

Hoop Black Belt

So because he didn't finish Holloway the win was tainted? You do know he tore his ACL in that fight?

As for Mendes, I agree it would be a different fight. However, tough shit on Mendes for not being in better shape. He knows better than anyone how liable Aldo is for pulling out of fights. He should probably have been closer to a gym, rather than being on a boat fishing, drinking a beer or whatever he was supposedly doing. It's the same with Conor if he gets out wrestled and beaten by one; he should have worked harder on it.

It gets tiresome listening to fighters when they lose about how they had "issues" before the fight. Or when they win they had the "best camp of their lives"