Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz 2 Purse Payouts

McGregor vs Diaz 2 Purse: Dana White stated that it was hard to negotiate a rematch with Nate Diaz as he demanded higher purse and also refuse to fight on any other weight than 165lbs. In the first bout Nate Diaz got a guaranteed purse of $500,000 plus the $100,000 winning bonus and he has negotiated improved financial terms for the rematch taking his guaranteed earning to $1million same as McGregor.

Now both fighters McGregor and Diaz will make $1 million guaranteed and there won’t be any win bonus in the rematch. However Conor McGregor will be making alot more than that with his tier based PPV share contract with UFC, depending on the PPV numbers he is expected to clear around $8 to $10 million from his nights work against Diaz.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/conor-mcgregor-vs-nate-diaz-purse/

Purses in MMA are still ridiculously low compared to boxing. There was a 20 million fight purse for Canelo vs Cotto last november, that's 10 times more than for Conor vs Nate 2.
This statement is not entirely true, only the top 3-5 boxers in the world make those huge payouts of millions of dollars. In fact if you take away Mayweather and Pacquiao's paydays, UFC might pay better!

Plus no one is going to believe someone who is a troll, your opinion is meaningless.

Yes they do, it was all broken down years ago with the whole Randy Couture lawsuit. If this ppv does 1.5-2 million buys then he is going to make that much money.

Nope dude, the cut isn't near that big. Lets say it does 2 million buys ( which it wont but its an easy number to deal with). Right off the bat the PPV company gets 40-45 % of the total buys, UFC has never stated exactly the percentage but history shows based on other entities that this is where its gonna be. Lets also say that the PPV are 60 bucks a piece. That means the UFC is bringing in 72 million on that PPV without paying off a single expense, if the fight does 1.5 million then the UFC is brining in 54 million. So if conor gets 15 million you are telling me he is getting 28 percent of the total that UFC is bringing in? Get real man, no chance in hell

This statement is not entirely true, only the top 3-5 boxers in the world make those huge payouts of millions of dollars. In fact if you take away Mayweather and Pacquiao's paydays, UFC might pay better!

Povetkin was guaranteed 2 million for the fight against Wilder (who routinely gets more than a million a fight) and he had 6 million purse for the Klitschko fight (Klitschko had 17 mil). Anthony Joshua is making tons of money, Tyson Fury 5.5 million purse against Klitschko and will get much more in the rematch. Here's 5 boxers in the HW division alone who're making huge payouts. Ward, Khan, Golovkin, Kovalev, Canelo, Cotto, Bradley, etc. even guys like Jean Pascal or Broner... They all make significantly more than MMA fighters.

Povetkin was guaranteed 2 million for the fight against Wilder (who routinely gets more than a million a fight) and he had 6 million purse for the Klitschko fight (Klitschko had 17 mil). Anthony Joshua is making tons of money, Tyson Fury 5.5 million purse against Klitschko and will get much more in the rematch. Here's 5 boxers in the HW division alone who're making huge payouts. Ward, Khan, Golovkin, Kovalev, Canelo, Cotto, Bradley, etc. even guys like Jean Pascal or Broner... They all make significantly more than MMA fighters.

and you make none so what's your point

Nope dude, the cut isn't near that big. Lets say it does 2 million buys ( which it wont but its an easy number to deal with). Right off the bat the PPV company gets 40-45 % of the total buys, UFC has never stated exactly the percentage but history shows based on other entities that this is where its gonna be. Lets also say that the PPV are 60 bucks a piece. That means the UFC is bringing in 72 million on that PPV without paying off a single expense, if the fight does 1.5 million then the UFC is brining in 54 million. So if conor gets 15 million you are telling me he is getting 28 percent of the total that UFC is bringing in? Get real man, no chance in hell

You aren't taking into account the revenue made from the gate, worldwide tv deals (Ireland most significantly in this case), and sponsorships. They take in a LOT more than 54 million for an event like that.

OK, but this is not boxing

Aside the low guys that could probably make a bit more and the reebok deal that fucked up their sponsor money, they make good money

McGregor vs Diaz 2 Purse: Dana White stated that it was hard to negotiate a rematch with Nate Diaz as he demanded higher purse and also refuse to fight on any other weight than 165lbs. In the first bout Nate Diaz got a guaranteed purse of $500,000 plus the $100,000 winning bonus and he has negotiated improved financial terms for the rematch taking his guaranteed earning to $1million same as McGregor.

Now both fighters McGregor and Diaz will make $1 million guaranteed and there won’t be any win bonus in the rematch. However Conor McGregor will be making alot more than that with his tier based PPV share contract with UFC, depending on the PPV numbers he is expected to clear around $8 to $10 million from his nights work against Diaz.

Purses in MMA are still ridiculously low compared to boxing. There was a 20 million fight purse for Canelo vs Cotto last november, that's 10 times more than for Conor vs Nate 2.
Nate had PPV points in first one. Since he won why would he not have a better deal for second? For sure Nate is making millions for the second fight with PPV points as well. Maybe not as much as Conor. But plenty. (If you're wondering Richard Perez confirmed Nate had PPV points in the first fight on submission radio).

LOL at McGregor delusional fans claiming that he's the biggest star in combat sports. Miguel Cotto wouldn't get out of bed for a 1 million purse.

They don't get that much PPV percentage. Conor is not making 15-20 millions that's a story you can tell little children in Ireland and Nate is "going to make millions" as in 2 millions max.

Since I quoted this

However Conor McGregor will be making alot more than that with his tier based PPV share contract with UFC, depending on the PPV numbers he is expected to clear around $8 to $10 million from his nights work against Diaz.

It should be quite clear that I don't think that. Maybe you're a moron who knows

Some things that I will clarify from my experience with MMA and from what I saw of the disclosed contracts from way way back and for guys that weren't anywhere as big as the monster stars that are Brock / Conor / Ronda.

1. Boxing purses work way different they are like guaranteed money (that include those PPV shares.. contracts and shady people that will try to stick it to you I would assume)

So when a boxer purse says he will get 15 mill guaranteed for example (up to 20+ mill in case the PPV does really well) so he gets that 15 or 20+ mill and whatever sponsor deals he has.. now he won't get another check on top of all that for the PPV shares for another 10-15 etc mill because that was already included when they negotiated those large purses.

2. In MMA a private league / business that is ran like the good old boys club doesn't wanna show SHIT to the public and especially to the other fighters because they will also start to ask for more shit.. I'm telling you 100% Conor is loved / hated by the UFC he put a lot of eyes and attention and made fighters speak more openly about pay and ask for shit not just timid behind closed doors but publicly so Conor costed them quite some $ with all this "I make this, and that.. what do you make ? you have so less etc etc" routine.

So MMA is ran in the dark when it comes to pay we only see purses that were for years and years the top ones where 400k to show no win bonus + PPV.. then upgraded to 500k show and Anderson 600k + win bonus that was a first for such a large purse then we go into this what I believe Conor pissing contest so we get this 1 mill purse and was way upped by Brock's 2.5 mill purse (PS: Ronda kinda weak at this negotiating stuff not sure how large her PPV share is but the boys got her beat at purses by a long shot).

Purses for big draw name fighters are the little side of the money.. the real cash comes from the PPV shares and the way you negotiated that stuff be it starts from 500k+ buys (Reem had that) or starts from 200 buys and every 200k it gets upped etc etc different examples.

3. But you are right that boxing pays better then MMA.. if boxing guys do big cards with 1.5+ mill buys you can expect them to get a lot more in boxing you can see a pay day like 25-35+ mill for such a good selling card where in MMA we get this 8-10-12 mill.. max the speculated 15 mill if you add all the stuff from purse + sponsors etc..
Its clear the boxing PPV shares are way way bigger then what the MMA guys get heck a card with 800~900k buys can pay more in boxing then one of our monster cards of 1.2 ~ 1.5 mill buys.

4. The man with the articles did some estimates he only has the purse numbers he doesn't have the PPV contracts info no way.. so I'm sure Diaz is also taking a large piece of the PPV shares nothing close to Conor but half could be something very possible.. a lot more then the 1 mill speculated by the article I assure you.. in fact he did more then that for the first fight.

Another fun fact is that Conor insisted on having his PPV shares transformed into FLAT fees payed no matter what the card sell number is and not waiting to get checks weeks in and out slow and steady with PPV numbers just a flat 10~12+ mill check in the night of the fight.. this also speculated that this is why he was so less interested in doing public appearances and promotion for the card.. that the exact selling isn't linked to his income and that if the UFC wants him there they need to pay extra for the promotion and the all shit storm started with that (rumor again.. connected with the info we had to run, they will never reveal it of course but it's not cause he missed a press conference you can work around that it's the demands behind that most likely).

Oh another little 'tactic' used by the UFC is to work with this "back room bonuses" fighters like Shane Carwin didn't get PPV share but just some back room bonus like 1 mill check in the night of the fight so they "avoid" that PPV share but in the end they come out on top the share should have been bigger then what bonus you get from them.. and keep in mind that was the biggest bonus that we got info off others are way way small keep in mind that was for a 1.05 ~ 1.1 mill buys PPV he just had with Lesnar so they UFC didn't really did him a favor in fact they low balled him.. to go along with his 40k show up purse (but at least no Reebok shit deal so he made bank with the sponsors around 300k-400k from them).

You can't really compare boxing pay to UFC pay. An HD UFC event costs $60 and while say a Mayweather fight will cost you $100.

So with the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight doing 4.4 million buys, that's a revenue of 400 million dollars and a UFC ppv that does 1 million buys (which is considered huge for UFC) they have a revenue of $60 million.

Personally, of course I'd love to see fighter pay go up, but I'm totally cool with our PPV's staying at $60, and not going up to $100.
I'm already starting to miss the days when fighters were fighters, not business men in Gucci sunglasses and silk shirts.

You aren't taking into account the revenue made from the gate, worldwide tv deals (Ireland most significantly in this case), and sponsorships. They take in a LOT more than 54 million for an event like that.

Oh no I wasn't forgetting about that stuff, but we were discussing PPV shares, and any smart business wouldn't take into account outside factors when negotiating pay thats attached to a specific metric. What I mean by that is if I am gonna pay fighter x a % of PPV buys then the only factor I am gonna take into account when deciding how much to pay is PPV buys. The rest is irrelevant and not tied to the contract at all.

Obligatory picture of Conor with his purse.

CJYe-XaWIAAwvf-.jpg

Nate is clearing 7 figures!! Coming from 20/20, I'd say Nate is Winning in life. Self made millionaire :)

Where the fuck are u guys getting mctapper made 10 million per fight....gsp probably at most made about 5 million... mctapper 1 million show no win bonus so u saying he's making north of 10 million for ppv...

Oh wait sorry, I did forget about that reebok money

Lol even one shertards thinking he's making 20 million per fight..GTFO

LOL at McGregor delusional fans claiming that he's the biggest star in combat sports. Miguel Cotto wouldn't get out of bed for a 1 million purse.
Conor's numbers dwarf Miguel Cotto's.

The only one that even comes close is the Mayweather fight.

Conor is currently the biggest star in combat sports. Deal with it, nerd.

Where the fuck are u guys getting mctapper made 10 million per fight....gsp probably at most made about 5 million... mctapper 1 million show no win bonus so u saying he's making north of 10 million for ppv...

One baby seal died because if this ugly post.

LOL. This guy thinks GSP's numbers come close to Conor's. HAHAHA.

Nate cleared somewhere between 1.5M - 3M for the first fight. Why would he be asking for a guaranteed 1m? He held up the rematch b/c he wanted to be paid equal to mcgregor who was guaranteed 10M. He's probably getting 3-5M for this fight.

Back