Conor McGregor vs Karo Parisyan?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Ogata, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Ogata

Ogata Red Belt

I know this is not going to happen but its more like a hypothetical question regarding size. I am curious to know how would Conor handle Karos judo and grappling?

Would he be able to catch Karo with an uppercut or would he get taken down and ground and pounded/subbed?

Just to clarify, this is when Karo was fearless and fought everyone with tooth and nail before the anxiety problems kicked in.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Bend NvR Break likes this.
  2. RDUBYA

RDUBYA an oldie but a goodie

I don't think Conor knows who he is, bro.

MTL, Captain Herb, chubbman and 2 others like this.
  3. Buff

Buff Trash Belt Degenerate

Karo now wouldn't even make it through the weigh ins without having a psychological break down... Karo back then "when he was Karo" would have been a huge challenge.

4. Ogata

Ogata Red Belt

Sorry that's what I meant, when Karo was karo before the anxiety attacks and the mental breakdown.

5. chubbman

chubbman Yellow Card

fuck it, make it happen Dana

6. Bend NvR Break

Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

Pre bitch made Karo judo tosses him into a kimura.

7. Ogata

Ogata Red Belt

Karo would technically be the biggest size grappling opponent Conor would have to deal with.

8. luv24nic8

luv24nic8 Purple Belt

Poor Karo- Hopefully things are going better for him. I know a lot of people laugh at his breakdowns, but going through what he did, is not funny.

9. Big_Chief_Stove

Big_Chief_Stove Silver Belt

Karo would never get his clinch that he likes, Conor would box him up.

10. Ogata

Ogata Red Belt

True, Conor has way to good of a boxing while Karo was too wild when he came in. That being said, if Conor jumps in with a spinning back kick then Karo most certainly can catch him with a throw.

Its weird man, I remember back in the day Karo used to have a billion submission moves, he had choke holds, neck cranks, kimuras from different position as well as all kind of leg locks,heel hooks and toe holds.

But then he became generic after he left Gokors gym...

11. Big_Chief_Stove

yeah I've always been a karo fan, shame he didn't go further.

Ogata likes this.
  12. Ogata

Ogata Red Belt

I feel the same, here is something interesting about Karo and Riggs that Conor is wise to avoid. The word about Karo and Joe Riggs among the insider was that, in training they both went hard in training. In case of Joe Riggs he would spar HARD all the time which allowed him to become an AMAZING gym fighter who could kick everyone's ass in training and to be specific, he would completely outbox Rich Franklin when they did their boxing sparring together. While hard sparring allows someone to get good fast, it is not a very maintainable form of training for someone who is in it on the long term since the damage will make itself evident sooner than later.

Similar case with Karo but Karos hard sparring was done in a grappling form. People would get mad at him for coming up with excuse but truth is he did get injured however he was in a habit of intense grappling randoris/sparring.

Also Karo was a bit too crazy when he was the Heat since he would compete in open weight classes of both MMA and Judo. Here is one against Sokoudjou:

13. Big_Chief_Stove

Karo jumped around to many different gyms too, never really had a stable team around him.

Never heard that about Riggs and Franklin

14. ARONAbeetFEDOR

ARONAbeetFEDOR Blackest Belt

Cruz Whittaker Choi Till Adesanya Zabit O'Malley
    Anyone remember when Karo beat Stun Gun while high on pain killers?

Odoylerules4lyf likes this.
  15. Ogata

Ogata Red Belt

Its true Karo started gym jumping after he had a fall out with Gokor late 2005. FCF radio had Karo on and he had some choice words for Gokor which was totally uncalled. A week later Gokor came on the same radio/podcast and did a long ass interview in regards to what transpired between them.

Afterwards like you said, Karo started gym jumping until he went with Xtreme couture which turned out to be the type of gym with unnecessary hard sparring and the whole infamous "green lighting" incident.

Riggs and Rich Franklin were sparring partners for sometime but it wasn't just sparring with Rich Franklin. The word about Riggs was, he was unstoppable in training. I have seen him in not just hit the pads but spar and fight using PURE boxing and he was lighting people up.

Dude was unstoppable in all aspects of training. Not only would he out strike people, he had great GnP skills and he was the number 1 guy who would out condition anyone and everyone in any form of conditioning drills. For me being a big Riggs fan, it was extremely difficult to watch him lose this weekend.

It was the type of fight that showed Karo with all the baggages still had enough talent and fighting instinct to be a tough fight for Stun Gun.

Big_Chief_Stove likes this.
  16. MTL

MTL Brown Belt

[​IMG]
    What? Why do you even.... Where did you even come up with... Oh just nvm.

17. Odoylerules4lyf

Odoylerules4lyf The Salacious One

Karo was never a big 170, always looked like if he went on a diet he could make 155, I don't think he would have that big of a size advantage on Mcgregor, and I think his standup was way too sloppy to not get KOd. I bet he'd dump him on his fuckin head at least once though.