Conor McGregor vs GSP for the 165lbs title

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Imo, IF Conor beats Khabib, the best move would be for these 2 to fight for the brand new weight division title. Winner becomes a 3 weight title holder. How can you market it better? I rather see GSP fight Conor at a doable weight rather than try to kill himself at LW. And I really feel like we need this weight class. Bump up WW by 5lbs so it will be 175lbs and add this weight class.

If it happens, what will the new weight class be called?

tumblr_nixapdSjIN1renuivo1_500.gif

Please, Georges crushes him.

If they did fight it could be at a catchweight.

But people are annoying with the 165 pound division thing. It's not happening, nor was it ever planned to happen. Get over it.

relax buddy we got a bigger fight coming already

New weight classes should require a tournament to win the first title.

Imo, IF Conor beats Khabib, the best move would be for these 2 to fight for the brand new weight division title. Winner becomes a 3 weight title holder. How can you market it better? I rather see GSP fight Conor at a doable weight rather than try to kill himself at LW. And I really feel like we need this weight class. Bump up WW by 5lbs so it will be 175lbs and add this weight class.

I don't think he can make 155. This is perfect. Personally I'd say just stick it at 162-3 so that you don't really have to push 170 up so MW division isn't ruined. However, that's probably not going to happen.

New weight classes should require a tournament to win the first title.

Mortal Kombat style tournament
Fight until a finish
No rounds
Just bleed.

Imo, IF Conor beats Khabib, the best move would be for these 2 to fight for the brand new weight division title.
So Conor wouldn't defend...again? and get a shot at a new title?..

Sounds like something the UFC would do..

I don't think Conor wants another fight like Mayweather where he is sure to lose, especially since he wouldn't make as much money to take a beating against GSP.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad!
No point at all for a 165 lbs title...

Why don’t we follow Boxing’s mistakes and have a “162.5, left handed, blonde haired & from a state that rhymes with Nexus” belt?

The promotion is already alienating fans by making the same mistakes as Boxing promoters did; too many belts and too much politics in the way of fights the fans want.

the class will be called in your dreams.

ufc not adding fake classes. if gsp comes out of retirement to fight conor it be at 170 or not at all.

how many times will people from the ufc say there not adding fake weight classes.

if they had any it be 105 woman. there no need to never add 225 mens cause lhw is such a joke as it is.

I don't think Conor wants another fight like Mayweather where he is sure to lose, especially since he wouldn't make as much money to take a beating against GSP.

well he did sign to fight khabib so conor ok with signing to lose a fight.

Even GSP at this stage, he doubles Conor and wears him out almost immediately. This is a fight GSP would almost certainly win without a decision, Conor's cardio could not keep up and he would probably just quit on his back and turtle up as GSP lands GNP.

well he did sign to fight khabib so conor ok with signing to lose a fight.
Khabib/Conor isn't as clear as a lot of Conor haters/Khabib lovers make it out to be. Khabib is certainly hittable, he is nowhere near the dynamic striker that GSP is.

Please, the Champ Champ has been striking since he was a wee lad. He would absolutely destroy Conor.

Lol, it would be at 170 and Conor would get destroyed badly. It would be a massive fight from a money making standpoint, but the actual matchup is hugely in GSP's favor.

Back