Conor McGregor vs. Edson Barboza. Thoughts?

CassiusJacare

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Although Cerrone or Diaz are the most likely if Conor and the UFC decide to stay on the card, how awesome of a standup contest would Conor vs. Edson at a catch-weight be (160-165ish). Hell even Pettis was looking for a quick turnaround, he should put his hand up...

In the end, I guess it is really hard to see anyone but Cerrone take up this fight though. :(

Thoughts?

Edit: Just remembered rumors of Pettis vs. Barboza was scheduled (or soon to be?).

Last edited:
Connor should fight only for the belt. RDA is ducking, shame on him.

YES. I would love to see Edgar destroyed after his two last fights, the guy fights like a piece of shit, it's not even lay and pray, it's wall and stall and he gets outstruck from the bottom but wins because of the way MMA is judged. But at the same time no, I hate the guy so much that I don't want him to get McGregor money

the only good answer is Cowboy...

Although Cerrone or Diaz are the most likely if Conor and the UFC decide to stay on the card, how awesome of a standup contest would Conor vs. Edson at a catch-weight be (160-165ish). Hell even Pettis was looking for a quick turnaround, he should put his hand up...

In the end, I guess it is really hard to see anyone but Cerrone take up this fight though. :(

Thoughts?

Edit: Just remembered rumors of Pettis vs. Barboza was scheduled (or soon to be?).

Barboza is an easy fight

Barboza got rocked by a jab because he fought too soon after getting rocked by a haymaker from castillo. Since then he's shown an ability to take a good shot

I like Barboza but his chin would not hold up with Conor, I don't think it would last much.

Let him fight Nurmagomedov/Ferguson. They are training for their April fight, so they should be in decent shape.

3 minutes of mayhem which ends with Barboza face down, taking a nap zzzzzz

Barboza is an easy fight

Really?
Edson+Barboza+Spinning+Heel+Kicks+Terry+Etim+-+UFC+142.gif

All I've ever seen Conor do is spin and miss a lot...

I just don't think Conor can handle true UFC 155'ers. Not a top 10 guy at least. He'll either get out struck or out grappled. 155 is full of some deceptively big boys with a whole lot of mean in their bones. He can't bully anyone there.

Back