Media Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier 3 Predictions Pt.1

Conor's got the ability to KO anyone in the divisions (right now.)
But does he though? The only person bigger than him he has put down is Cerone, and that was from busting his nose with shoulder. FW Dustin was a lot thinner back then

Conor's got the ability to KO anyone in the division* (right now.)

It honestly depends on which Conor shows up; and whether he can get Poirier emotional which has been a big factor in many of Conor's wins; so also which Poirier, I guess.

That said, since Dustin's probably aware that his emotions played into the result of the first fight, and Conor doesn't have enough time to really get in Dustin's head, I'n assuming that mental warfare won't play too much into *this fight.

Conor by split decision 48-47 *2, 47-48
I get what you mean and mostly agree but Conor's power is over rated. Not saying you are, it's Conor so he's equally over rated and under rated, agree he has the ability to KO anyone, classic punchers chance and I don't mean to mock him, he's legit.

And completely agree on the head games. Dustin was definitely aware and made the adjustment to his mentality/confidence, doubtful that will change now he knows it's coming and how to prepare.

And surely this is a main eventer over 5 rounds? Which makes my odds favour Dustin more, you still picking Conor if it is over 5?

But does he though? The only person bigger than him he has put down is Cerone, and that was from busting his nose with shoulder. FW Dustin was a lot thinner back then

We all know that Conor's in and out was one of the major keys to his success. If he can do that, he can KO anyone at LW.

I'm not confident in a Conor KO since he's bulked up so much, though.

I get what you mean and mostly agree but Conor's power is over rated. Not saying you are, it's Conor so he's equally over rated and under rated, agree he has the ability to KO anyone, classic punchers chance and I don't mean to mock him, he's legit.

And completely agree on the head games. Dustin was definitely aware and made the adjustment to his mentality/confidence, doubtful that will change now he knows it's coming and how to prepare.

And surely this is a main eventer over 5 rounds? Which makes my odds favour Dustin more, you still picking Conor if it is over 5?

I always believed that Conor was overrated.

-I thought that Dustin was too emotional in their first fight.
-I thought that Mendes attempt to mount and topside guillotine was sloppy AsF (position before submission!)
-I believed that Aldo running straight at the best straight puncher (and maybe the fastest, too) in the sport at the time even though his hook cut Conor after Conor's left had KO'd him was possibly the dumbest strategy by a GOAT that I'd ever seen.
-Nate's a stud, but not standing toe to toe with him is the key to beating him. We all know that.
-Once Alvarez started circling right and refused to wrestle, I leaned back in my seat since it was became a forgone conclusion.
-Cowboy? (I mean, we all know what's up there.)

Having said all of that, his camp is very good at coming up with a strategy to win w/o stalling and making fans mad (ala Usman.)
So yeah, I think Conor wins if he fights like he used to.

WTF do I know, though*?

I see Conor taking it. He was too concerned with looking cool for a potential Pac fight last time. He'll be focusing on just winning now.

I always believed that Conor was overrated.

-I thought that Dustin was too emotional in their first fight.
-I thought that Mendes attempt to mount and topside guillotine was sloppy AsF (position before submission!)
-I believed that Aldo running straight at the best straight puncher (and maybe the fastest, too) in the sport at the time even though his hook cut Conor after Conor's left had KO'd him was possibly the dumbest strategy by a GOAT that I'd ever seen.
-Nate's a stud, but not standing toe to toe with him is the key to beating him. We all know that.
-Once Alvarez started circling right and refused to wrestle, I leaned back in my seat since it was became a forgone conclusion.
-Cowboy? (I mean, we all know what's up there.)

Having said all of that, his camp is very good at coming up with a strategy to win w/o stalling and making fans mad (ala Usman.)
So yeah, I think Conor wins if he fights like he used to.

WTF do I know, though*?
Good post mate. Agree with all that.

I'm still picking Dustin. Huge fight, especially for Conor, definitely looking forward to it. Lot's of interesting variables at play here.

To me, Conor never really even had power. He had good reflexes and amazing accuracy. Now that he’s destroyed his body with drugs/alcohol, he doesn’t really have those things going for him. If it had just been power, he would still be good because you know they always say power is the last thing to leave a fighter.

That said, Poirier by early TKO or late submission. Then Conor probably tries to fight Diaz again or retires.

I think conor will win by decision. He'll touch dustin and stay out of boxing range for the whole round x 5.

Diaz was never endanger of being stopped...Conor feared nates ground game so much he didnt even follow up after dropping Nate

And conor litterally ran or jogged for 3 rounds lol...how do you win a fight off showing that level of timidity he turned his back and ran ...perfect example of a cowardice behaviour in a fight..

Nate won rounds 3 thru 5 ...as soon as you turn ur back and jog away from ur opponent to me uve conceded that round uve been broken as an opponent and fighter...in real life the fight would of ended as conor would of ran down the street and locked himself in his house scared to death lol...
At worst that fight was 3-2 for Conor. I’m glad you’re not a judge.

Really? Did he KO Nate? Or TKO him? Oh no Nate is a taller so its not possible for him to put him out
You say that like knocking Nate out is something that anyone can do. The guy almost beat beat the #3 WW two weeks ago, and he’s in worse shape now than when he fought Conor.

You say that like knocking Nate out is something that anyone can do. The guy almost beat beat the #3 WW two weeks ago, and he’s in worse shape now than when he fought Conor.
Nate was in great shape for Leon you are blind and dumb.... clown

If Conor wins…. It’s because he was motivated and dustins a bum.

if Dustin wins… it’s because Conor doesn’t care about training and has so much money.

Cub Swanson - On the fence
T Wood - Dustin, has the advantage
Dan Ige - Dustin, due to hunger, Conor too comfortable
Might Mouse - Dustin, putting the work in
Colby Covington - Conman is washed up, to much pride. Dustin Doofus Poirier the Soyier is a prick

Marvin Hagler Quote: “It's tough to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5 am when you've been sleeping in silk pajamas.”

Conor is done as a top MMA fighter. He did well and became incredibly rich. Dustin is too much for him now. I'm sure he is too big to fight at 145 again.

Marvin Hagler Quote: “It's tough to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5 am when you've been sleeping in silk pajamas.”

Conor is done as a top MMA fighter. He did well and became incredibly rich. Dustin is too much for him now. I'm sure he is too big to fight at 145 again.
Very true

I am rooting for McGregor, so I am predicting a win for Poirier. To me, this is the most important fight of Conor's life. If he loses again, I think he will retire from the sport. He doesn't need the money, and if he can't be champion anymore I don't think he will continue. Go Irish!
Wait, this fight is MORE important than the fights that got him his wealth and standing and name and popularity??

I don't think Conor would rather give up all he's gotten off his previous fights just to win this one. I think he'd happily lose this one if he got to keep all that his more important fights netted him.

But that said, to each their own. I tip my hat to you.

We all know that Conor's in and out was one of the major keys to his success. If he can do that, he can KO anyone at LW.

I'm not confident in a Conor KO since he's bulked up so much, though.
Possibly, but since moving up his darting in and out seems to have gone. He is a lot more heavy on his feet, less movement on his feet and moving more from the waist.

It was common for him to be springy on his feet, and fall over due to him darting in and out and being so springy

Back