Conor McGregor v. Floyd Mayweather Pressers (Discussion) July 11-14 LA / Toronto / Brooklyn / London

expecting a lot of

"i am boxing"
"should have stayed retired"
"he needs me to pay his taxes"
"my fist is bigger than his head"
"ruleset does not matter i will show him true fighting"

+ conor will probably bring up the domestic abuse shit as well will make for great headlines

aLjBGg.gif

So who will have the better trash talk tomorrow? I was thinking Floyd may be the victor of the first press conference, but after these reports about needing money from the McGregor fight to pay past taxes I think Conor may have sufficient ammo to win the war of words this time. You know he is practicing his lines in the mirror as I type this...
This is not a UFC press conference, it is a boxing press conference, there are generally fewer openings for shit-talk at the boxing ones, since for example less time and space are given to the journalists to ask provoking question that instigate stuff.

The sport of boxing never mastered the art of press conferences for the purpose to promote fights.

The general boxing press conference is a sleepfest compared to the UFC ones where Conor is present.

Last edited:
eh, the only thing worth it in this whole mess and the time makes it impossible for me to try to watch one of these conferences live

This is not a UFC press conference, it is a boxing press conference, there are generally fewer openings for shit-talk at the boxing ones, since for example less time and space are given to the journalists to ask provoking question that instigate stuff.

The sport of boxing never mastered the art of press conferences for the purpose to promote fights.

The general boxing press conference is a sleepfest compared to the UFC ones where Conor is present.
I'm going to watch either way lol

How many million views in a day will this get on YouTube?

of course, but don't expect the same kind of level of entertainment if you happen to be accustomed to something like:

I'm not expecting anything too crazy, but I honestly do expect some entertaining trash talk between the two. Who knows maybe we get a Mike Tyson moment, but I doubt it. I'm just excited for the pressers because I won't be able to buy the fight. I don't have the money to buy this as well as GGG-Canelo, and the latter has my undivided attention.

I'm not expecting anything too crazy, but I honestly do expect some entertaining trash talk between the two. Who knows maybe we get a Mike Tyson moment, but I doubt it. I'm just excited for the pressers because I won't be able to buy the fight. I don't have the money to buy this as well as GGG-Canelo, and the latter has my undivided attention.
I'll send you a stream-link so don't you worry.
My point was just that the UFC press conferences are pretty unique , especially in the McGregor era.

It would be nice if Conor shows up on time for once.

expecting a lot of

"i am boxing"
"should have stayed retired"
"he needs me to pay his taxes"
"my fist is bigger than his head"
"ruleset does not matter i will show him true fighting"

+ conor will probably bring up the domestic abuse shit as well will make for great headlines
I'd bet my mortgage that he doesn't go anywhere near the abuse stuff unless Mayweather brings it up or is asked a direct question. There is a line between good needling and fucking someone mentally and being a complete asshole and it's very rare that Conor crosses that line.

I'd bet my mortgage that he doesn't go anywhere near the abuse stuff unless Mayweather brings it up or is asked a direct question. There is a line between good needling and fucking someone mentally and being a complete asshole and it's very rare that Conor crosses that line.
dont think trashing the guy over beating women is considered being an asshole
also i think hes done it before but not 100% sure

here's a UFC link. 5pm et

dont think trashing the guy over beating women is considered being an asshole
also i think hes done it before but not 100% sure
Nah, see to me that's getting into stuff that's too personal and it turns the conference from good with a lot of shit talk to more angry and you end up with stupid stuff insulting stuff being said but i guess you never know.

Back