Media Conor McGregor training kicks

It's crazy how proud Conor is of his kicks when that are nowere as good as he think they are.

Same delusion with Kevin Lee's boxing
But they are. Any fight where he utilised kicks, with exception of Khabib, they have worked well. Very well.
Any video of any fight with him, he chooses his kicks wisely and to great effect.

Conor always did have good Kicks, it boggles my mind that people still try to simplify his Striking to "Just a left hand" I get that the guy makes it pretty easy to trash on him with what he does outside the Cage, but inside he's a one of the best Strikers in the UFC, especially in the Lightweight Division.

He's damn near underrated at this point, and while most of that is his Fault with the lack of activity, and what not, it'd be pretty foolish to say with a Straight Face that Conor isn't an elite Striker. Anyone that doesn't have the grappling of Khabib(Spoiler NOBODY DOES besides Islam) isn't beating him on the Feet. The dude can take a punch, and has some of the best Shot Selection in the game. That overhand would have stiffed just about any other Lightweight that night, Khabib threw that shit with intent to Mangle, and Conor still recovered like a fucking boss.

Sober Conor Bless.

His kicks are basically setting up that left.

Yes they’re irritating, and can hurt, but he ain’t no Wonderboy, by any stretch.

He’s a lethal, southpaw counter puncher with a 2 round gas tank.

* He can catch anybody who doesn’t respect his left hand counter, for 2 rounds...

His kicks are basically setting up that left.

Yes they’re irritating, and can hurt, but he ain’t no Wonderboy, by any stretch.

He’s a lethal, southpaw counter puncher with a 2 round gas tank.

* He can catch anybody who doesn’t respect his left hand counter, for 2 rounds...

I never compared him to Wonderboy at all so that comparison is a useless reply to a point I never tried to make. Wonderboy schools him when it comes to Kicks, not only because that's what he trains to be efficient with but he has the right Physical Attributes to use Kicks. Conor on the other hand takes Wonderboy to school when it comes to Counter Striking. I can guarantee Pettis would never catch McGregor with the same shit. Wonderboy slept on Pettis's creativity, and was confident Pettis had nothing to offer and that cost him BIG. Wonderboy was working Pettis but he made the same mistake people make with Conor and that's oversimplifying and underestimating his skills.

As for the 2nd round nonsense, again, another over simplification. People like to use Nate Diaz as the example when that was Conor's FIRST LOSS in the UFC. He fought in a Weight Class he never competed in and went up against a guy with insane Durability, banking on people making it past the first 2 rounds is assuming people have the same Chin Nate does. Who in the Lightweight Top 5 has that level of Durability besides Tony WHO by the way might be on the decline after the beating he took. Dan Hooker got his brain rattled trading with Poirier in the pocket and didn't fight the same since. He resorted to panic wrestling, if Dustin can rock you, Conor can do a lot more as he's more accurate. Gaethje? Please, he knows it himself if gets touched he's going to sleep, he's said it himself. Chandler gets damn near murdered, as he's been KO'ed easily before by lesser strikers.

Conor's gas tank isn't suspect, and betting against him to KO most of his opposition inside 2 Rounds is foolish given his Striking Acumen and the Durability that quite frankly not many Lightweights have. Outside of Tony, I don't think Hooker, Poirier, or Gaethje even make it out. Conor's too precise and accurate, and when he throws, he's hitting the off switch, and HARD. None of those guys are Nate Diaz, and they're not eating what he dishes out in the first 2 rounds regardless, if they do, Hats off, but do you really think they'll be good enough to take advantage. If they get rattled and rocked for 2 rounds, they're magically still gonna have their wits about them and bring out their D1 Credentials? Come on now.

Beating Conor is not as simple as "Just take him down after Round 2 bro" Watch the Khabib fight too. He still did well in the 3rd and 4th round, yeah Khabib got him down, but who doesn't Khabib take down?

I never compared him to Wonderboy at all so that comparison is a useless reply to a point I never tried to make. Wonderboy schools him when it comes to Kicks, not only because that's what he trains to be efficient with but he has the right Physical Attributes to use Kicks. Conor on the other hand takes Wonderboy to school when it comes to Counter Striking. I can guarantee Pettis would never catch McGregor with the same shit. Wonderboy slept on Pettis's creativity, and was confident Pettis had nothing to offer and that cost him BIG. Wonderboy was working Pettis but he made the same mistake people make with Conor and that's oversimplifying and underestimating his skills.

As for the 2nd round nonsense, again, another over simplification. People like to use Nate Diaz as the example when that was Conor's FIRST LOSS in the UFC. He fought in a Weight Class he never competed in and went up against a guy with insane Durability, banking on people making it past the first 2 rounds is assuming people have the same Chin Nate does. Who in the Lightweight Top 5 has that level of Durability besides Tony WHO by the way might be on the decline after the beating he took. Dan Hooker got his brain rattled trading with Poirier in the pocket and didn't fight the same since. He resorted to panic wrestling, if Dustin can rock you, Conor can do a lot more as he's more accurate. Gaethje? Please, he knows it himself if gets touched he's going to sleep, he's said it himself. Chandler gets damn near murdered, as he's been KO'ed easily before by lesser strikers.

Conor's gas tank isn't suspect, and betting against him to KO most of his opposition inside 2 Rounds is foolish given his Striking Acumen and the Durability that quite frankly not many Lightweights have. Outside of Tony, I don't think Hooker, Poirier, or Gaethje even make it out. Conor's too precise and accurate, and when he throws, he's hitting the off switch, and HARD. None of those guys are Nate Diaz, and they're not eating what he dishes out in the first 2 rounds regardless, if they do, Hats off, but do you really think they'll be good enough to take advantage. If they get rattled and rocked for 2 rounds, they're magically still gonna have their wits about them and bring out their D1 Credentials? Come on now.

Beating Conor is not as simple as "Just take him down after Round 2 bro" Watch the Khabib fight too. He still did well in the 3rd and 4th round, yeah Khabib got him down, but who doesn't Khabib take down?

Conor is the best counter striker in the UFC for sure but that has almost more to do with his opponents being boldly stupid as opposed to Conor being a genius.
Conor will KO 99% of people in 2 rounds, IF they're dumb enough to throw out stuff the first 2 rounds. After two rounds he's mortal.

Khabib is an outlier yes, but unlike the other retards, he was smart enough to not give Conor what he wanted in the opening rounds, something to counter...

Chad Mendes gave Conor problems until gassed and Nate Diaz gave Conor problems, neither Chad nor Nate are anything alike in terms of body composition or chin. Conor is both overrate and underrated.

He can beat anybody who doesn't fear his left counter in the first 2 rounds, that's where it ends for me. As far as his gas tank, he literally falls apart when winded, he has no poker face whatsoever.

He's an enigma, he can beat anyone yes, no doubt, but only if they come in trying to prove something. Simply changing the approach to fighting Conor can make a difference, but he doesn't ever fight the same guy twice, except, Nate "I never check leg kicks" Diaz.

Conor always did have good Kicks, it boggles my mind that people still try to simplify his Striking to "Just a left hand" I get that the guy makes it pretty easy to trash on him with what he does outside the Cage, but inside he's a one of the best Strikers in the UFC, especially in the Lightweight Division.

He's damn near underrated at this point, and while most of that is his Fault with the lack of activity, and what not, it'd be pretty foolish to say with a Straight Face that Conor isn't an elite Striker. Anyone that doesn't have the grappling of Khabib(Spoiler NOBODY DOES besides Islam) isn't beating him on the Feet. The dude can take a punch, and has some of the best Shot Selection in the game. That overhand would have stiffed just about any other Lightweight that night, Khabib threw that shit with intent to Mangle, and Conor still recovered like a fucking boss.

Sober Conor Bless.
Diaz beat him on the feet....twice

Not the kicks from the video but he can kick
FarflungSmugCuscus-size_restricted.gif

cowboy folded so fast it was astonishing

He's gonna toy with Doostin... there are levels to this game

Back