Conor McGregor Stemcell Treatment Question....

Ninja

The Bible is Truth, Find Truth...
Banned
Reaction score
After reading this headline in the Baltimore Sun:

Woman's blindness apparently reversed by stem cell treatment

fea9f4f0-4532-11e4-a042-997f6bd064d1_dana.jpg

It raised more questions regarding Conor McGregors Stemcell Treatment prior to the Chad Medes fight to help rejuvenate an injured knee.

After the Chad Mendes fight McGregor said that he had torn 80 percent of his ACL, and was competing with the injury when he took to the cage against Mendes.

According to Emory Healthcare, it takes four to six months to possibly return to athletic competition, but UFC president Dana White said on the Joe Rogan Experience that Conor took an unconventional approach to his recovery.

“He went out to Germany and got those (stem cells) shots,” White said.”He did some in L.A. too and that’s all he needed. He did that and he did his own physical therapy and he brought the knee right back.”

It's also interesting to note that Dana White said McGregor flew out to Germany to get those (Sstem cell) Shots, because in April of 2013 Dana White himself flew out to Germany to get stem cell treatment to cure his Meniere's Disease.

Dana had this to say back in 2013 about his own experience with Stem Cell Treatment:

"Well, A-Rod from the Yankees, hit me up and told me that when he was hurt Kobe called him and they both went to Germany and did this stem cell stuff. Right. So he says listen bro, I don't know if this is going to help you, but I'll tell you what it's worth a shot. Well long story short, we had the fight out in Sweden. I went to Germany. I got the stem cells. Dude, I am 100 percent cured. I am 100 percent a new guy, man. I'm working out again. I'm doing all the things that I used to do. I'm traveling. My life is back. All they do is they go in there, they take your blood, they incubate it, they spin it and add stuff to it. I don't know what the hell they do, I'm no scientist. I'm a million bucks now, man. I couldn't feel better."

This raises a few questions with me and perhaps our intelligent community can constructively get to the bottom of this:

Should Stem Cell Treatment be allowed in the UFC to help UFC fighters recover?

If allowed, would it not be fair to make this treatment accessible to all fighters on the roster?

Did the UFC pay for Conors McGregors treatment?

If so, would that be considered preferential treatment?

Have more questions? Ask here and lets discuss this and try to sort through all this.

Discuss.​

Yes 100% should be allowed

Better health = more fights not falling apart

Clearly it's "performance enhancing" but I think it should be allowed...

Velasquez needs to get to Germany asap. His inactivity is costing him, big time. Then again if the training at AKA is as brutal as it is rumoured then would his injuries reoccur soon after?

Kobe used to get the same shots on the regular for his knee

nothing shady imo

So Kobe Bryant calls up Alex Rodriguez and tells him about this Stem Cell Treatment in Germany to help heal faster - in return A-Rod calls up Dana White who goes to Germany to get the treatment done to cure his Meniere's Disease from there Dana White flies Conor McGregor out to Germany to get the treatment done to help his injured knee.....

Who would have thought all these guys would be connected:

arod.jpg

cmg2014924113705.jpg

Kobe used to get the same shots on the regular for his knee

nothing shady imo

I'm not sure how I feel about it honestly, just need more information.

I do look at Dana's quote:

"All they do is they go in there, they take your blood, they incubate it, they spin it and add stuff to it. I don't know what the hell they do, I'm no scientist. I'm a million bucks now, man. I couldn't feel better."

and it makes me wonder ....isn't that just a newly advanced form of blood doping similar to "EPO"?

20drug_graph.gif

add Derrick Rose, Tiger Woods, and Rafael Nadal to that list that athletes who have gotten the same treatment

Normal shit

Velasquez needs to get to Germany asap. His inactivity is costing him, big time. Then again if the training at AKA is as brutal as it is rumoured then would his injuries reoccur soon after?

Cormier and Rockhold don't seem too bad

Question is how much that treatment cost?

After reading this headline in the Baltimore Sun:

Woman's blindness apparently reversed by stem cell treatment

fea9f4f0-4532-11e4-a042-997f6bd064d1_dana.jpg

It raised more questions regarding Conor McGregors Stemcell Treatment prior to the Chad Medes fight to help rejuvenate an injured knee.

After the Chad Mendes fight McGregor said that he had torn 80 percent of his ACL, and was competing with the injury when he took to the cage against Mendes.

According to Emory Healthcare, it takes four to six months to possibly return to athletic competition, but UFC president Dana White said on the Joe Rogan Experience that Conor took an unconventional approach to his recovery.

“He went out to Germany and got those (stem cells) shots,” White said.”He did some in L.A. too and that’s all he needed. He did that and he did his own physical therapy and he brought the knee right back.”

It's also interesting to note that Dana White said McGregor flew out to Germany to get those (Sstem cell) Shots, because in April of 2013 Dana White himself flew out to Germany to get stem cell treatment to cure his Meniere's Disease.

Dana had this to say back in 2013 about his own experience with Stem Cell Treatment:

"Well, A-Rod from the Yankees, hit me up and told me that when he was hurt Kobe called him and they both went to Germany and did this stem cell stuff. Right. So he says listen bro, I don't know if this is going to help you, but I'll tell you what it's worth a shot. Well long story short, we had the fight out in Sweden. I went to Germany. I got the stem cells. Dude, I am 100 percent cured. I am 100 percent a new guy, man. I'm working out again. I'm doing all the things that I used to do. I'm traveling. My life is back. All they do is they go in there, they take your blood, they incubate it, they spin it and add stuff to it. I don't know what the hell they do, I'm no scientist. I'm a million bucks now, man. I couldn't feel better."

This raises a few questions with me and perhaps our intelligent community can constructively get to the bottom of this:

Should Stem Cell Treatment be allowed in the UFC to help UFC fighters recover?

If allowed, would it not be fair to make this treatment accessible to all fighters on the roster?

Did the UFC pay for Conors McGregors treatment?

If so, would that be considered preferential treatment?

Have more questions? Ask here and lets discuss this and try to sort through all this.

Discuss.​
Of course it should be allowed, the treatment is already available to everyone on the roster, if they can afford it, how the hell is anyone supposed to know who paid for the treatment, it's really no ones business.

Even if the UFC did pay for it, they would have done the same for Aldo or RDA if it would have meant such a big fight not getting cancelled, they would do it for any big event where they would lose a lot of money otherwise, wouldn't surprise me if a lot of other fighters have had the same type of treatment.

I wouldn't call it performance enhancing, unless we are going to call all medical treatments performance enhancing.

It's performance enhancing the way an Advil is if you have a headache. No one will get stronger than they were before, but just restore normative function. I think that's an important distinction.

I'm not sure how I feel about it honestly, just need more information.

I do look at Dana's quote:

"All they do is they go in there, they take your blood, they incubate it, they spin it and add stuff to it. I don't know what the hell they do, I'm no scientist. I'm a million bucks now, man. I couldn't feel better."

and it makes me wonder ....isn't that just a newly advanced form of blood doping similar to "EPO"?

20drug_graph.gif
Come on man, fighters have the right to try to cure or repair their bodies through medical treatments, that's like saying fighters shouldn't be able to have scar tissue on their face removed coz it will help them in a fight.

They saved Cormiers career, he would have had to have at least a year or 2 of rehabilitation his knee was completely shot, they're not PEDs they're an alternative to surgery. Anybody who says this is special treatment is an idiot.

I heard it is around $100k for the process. There are a few injections over time. The stem cells supposively heal the affected area by replicating as the cells that are damaged. It completely cured Danas inner ear problem that had him laying down for an hour once or twice a day. Im not sure how it works. Connor can pay for it himself. The average fighter cannot.

interesting info, TS.

I think it needs to be carefully monitored as you can see this shit possibly being abused...how, I don't know

Didnt rampage get the same kind of thing done when we went to bellator.Its one of the reasons he was unhappy as they sent him to a dr told him they would sort it and when he next fought they took it out of his paycheck

It really depends on the person. Several NBA players have undergone it and it paid zero dividends for them.

Back