Media Conor McGregor Sparring Before Poirier 3 Fight (Video)

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Yeah that's how it's been since the Cerrone fight. Even against Khabib he was at least trying a few counters. It was his timing and speed which got him these finishes from counter punching. I just think his interesting in boxing leading up to the Cerrone fight made him become a pressure / smother fighter who plants his feet and tries to unload heavy punches.

He was able to switch stances in the 3rd Poirier fight, but it was only for side kicks and a few front kicks. He doesn't throw punches from orthodox

Just because somebody has an injury doesn't mean that they're not going to train on it. He injured his foot / ankle before the Diaz 2 fight and still trained on it & fought on it.
He switches back quick because he's not confident in anything he throws from that stance. Everything is off balance and no power. That's why he switches back so quick because he doesn't feel confident to attack or defend in that stance during a real fight. He's been showing it in his training since before he was the FW champion, I just don't think he knows how to transfer his switch stance he does in training and be able to apply it to his real fights. He needs more weapons and defense in switch stance, that's why he doesn't feel comfortable. He doesn't have trainers/coaches that are switch hitters so they can't teach him that or really know how to work it into his game.

He switches back quick because he's not confident in anything he throws from that stance. Everything is off balance and no power. That's why he switches back so quick because he doesn't feel confident to attack or defend in that stance during a real fight. He's been showing it in his training since before he was the FW champion, I just don't think he knows how to transfer his switch stance he does in training and be able to apply it to his real fights. He needs more weapons and defense in switch stance, that's why he doesn't feel comfortable. He doesn't have trainers/coaches that are switch hitters so they can't teach him that or really know how to work it into his game.

Yeah any time he's ever done it in sparring he doesn't ever throw combinations after switching stances

That was before the Aldo fight and even though it wasn't really a high volume sparring session, he seems to do just do it to give a different look.

kavtroll.PNG

Here's your reason why Conor hasn't improved since 2016/2017.

"LoYaLtY"

No he needs better boxing. That's his problem, he's boxing based but his boxing hasn't improved while other fighters boxing skills have. He used to be the best boxer in mma, that isn't the case anymore. His style relies heavily on him being the better mma boxer. So he definitely needs to improve his boxing. Work on other stuff, but his boxing has become a weakness for him instead of strength since his boxing combos/patterns has been figured out. Plus he's not a devastating puncher above 145. He tries to use a power punching fighting style, he needs to learn proper power punching from Canelo's team. That and he needs an inside boxing game because that has always been his weakness that he has never addressed because before Dustin exploited it in mma only Floyd Mayweather exploited that weakness in boxing. Nate exploited it a bit in the 2nd fight but wasn't able to get the win off it. Floyd fight was the fight that made it clear he has a weakness boxing on the inside.
I disagree. He needs to stick with an MMA camp.

I disagree. He needs to stick with an MMA camp.
He needs both. His boxing won't improve like it will with Canelo's team compared to an mma camp. Dustin doesn't train his boxing at ATT. He has a pure boxing trainer/coach that's separate from ATT.

Honestly, Conor's striking is and always been super impressive.

It's just when someone starts hitting him back that he runs into trouble.

that's bullshit
conor has never had great defense and has been cracked many times
even the first dustin diamond fight he got hit
chad mendes rocked him
nate diaz rematch, hello?

dustin was just much better since their first fight and is a more complete fighter than conor in 2021
no shame in losing to a better fighter. there's no need to turn conor mcgregor into the white rumble johnson or vitor belfort

He used to train in Taekwondo. Its an amazing art if done right with a proper teacher. You develop speed and cardio. The bounce tires you out but you can develop it to the point that it becomes natural and it will not lead to fatigue.

Sadly his tkd coach is in jail.

You guys stress me out.

You can have an injured leg and yes still throw kicks in camp and in the fight. If you didn't throw injured limbs there would be some fights you only threw headbutts lol

It would make sense if Conor had a pre-existing fracture that got wrecked in the fight. Stress is cumaltive.

If not, who cares? It still broke lol

Not moving like he did in the first fight when he made Dustin look like an amateur.

He didn't make Dustin look like an amateur in the slightest. It was an even fight until Dustin got clipped behind the ear.

Making someone look like an amateur is what Poirier did to Pillowfists McGregory in fights 2 and 3. McGregory was spamming 1-2s in the rematch, and spamming hard leg kicks in the rubbermatch, like an amateur retard. Poirier fought like an actual skilled pro fighter with a gameplan.

N0CF9i7.gif

ScientificLongArgentinehornedfrog-size_restricted.gif

qseZA2X.gif

He used to train in Taekwondo. Its an amazing art if done right with a proper teacher. You develop speed and cardio. The bounce tires you out but you can develop it to the point that it becomes natural and it will not lead to fatigue.

Man look how quick and light on his feet he is here. Drugs and alchihol fucked him up for good

Tomas is a good dude

I like him and don't understand the appeal of mcgregor, but he is obviously a fan and it's his choice

I won't shit in his threads, as he is a genuine fan and doesn't act a cunt like supposed other conor fans

At least he really follows him

that's bullshit
conor has never had great defense and has been cracked many times
even the first dustin diamond fight he got hit
chad mendes rocked him
nate diaz rematch, hello?

dustin was just much better since their first fight and is a more complete fighter than conor in 2021
no shame in losing to a better fighter. there's no need to turn conor mcgregor into the white rumble johnson or vitor belfort

He's stopped Aldo, Poirier, Mendes and Alvarez with strikes. So yes, he has impressive striking.

I don't get what your problem is with me saying that. And getting hit doesn't necessarily mean you're a bad striker.

Sadly his tkd coach is in jail.

He got out last year. He didnt serve full sentence. Conor needs to get back to him ASAP!

His footwork, his movement was because of Taekwondo. Taekwondo and Tang Soo Do are the only arts that give you that dynamic movement and active footwork.

You can just see that the focus and intensity isnt there like it used to be. Conor fights like someone whos bored with the whole thing and just cant give it his all mentally the way he could when he loved the sport and was obsessed with fighting.

I have the same issue with motivation when it comes to training, I’ll have these periods when I’m just kinda bored with training and I cant get out of this non-focussed autopilot mode and I’ll get tuned up during sparring. And sometime the fire just returns and I reallyy feel like training and sparring, and when I’m having fun my focus is just on a different level

Scroll down. He is there.
He may be there now but his training footage before with Dustin was never in ATT. It was in some boxing gym. Dustin was the only one working with him, never saw him with any other ATT fighter and Dustin's boxing is the only one that has improved drastically. Other ATT fighters have been using Mundo boxing for their boxing training with mixed results. If Dustin's boxing trainer improved Dustin's boxing why aren't the other ATT fighters training with him then?

Back