Media Conor McGregor Shows Off New Striking Style on The Pads (footage)

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
To me, it's ridiculous to see a top athlete, preparing for an important event, who at the gym stops to look at his own ass on the mirror.
Conor misses butt-touch sessions.

Looks better than he's looked in years tf you watching? Not a Conor fan in the SLIGHTEST but he looks way better in here, light in his feet and working different combos? Better than that plodding bullshit he's been doing.

He is slow as a statue. All his power is gone and he can’t even fight his way out of a wet paper bag. He looks injury prone too, and the cardio is definitely sub-par even by his low standard. Mentally he looks insecure and broken.

I am talking about Cowboy of course.

Looks a little less lean fat % wise, but could just be becsued he doesn't want to cut weight. Clearly hasn't been taking a samurai approach to weight gain like gsp did.

I don't want to take much from the way he's moving in the vid. Looked like he was working on his right hand - which looked quite good - here and not on the left or any in out movement. I think he can beat cerrone but I'd be more excited if he had the gsp look of bigger and still ripped af

He looks too bulky again, I think he is much better when he is slimmer, his style is better for someone who is more light and agile. He looks like he has put on a fair bit of weight, especially around the shoulders.. he is gonna gas and wilt if he doesn't get Cerrone out of there I feel.

Totally agree with this.

Conor used to have the reflexes of the cougar, loose, lightning-fast, natural.

Now he's a bodybuilder squeezing his fists as he throws so-so punches with no real impact.

It occurs to me that Conor's real power came from that long-range sniper style he used to have, not from in-tight, boxing type punches. I don't think this style is good for his physique.

He is making a terrible mistake by coming up and weight in changing his style.

If he and his corner were smart, they would keep making that weight cut, and keep working on his strengths as a striker, not trying to change anything. They would just work on his anti-grappling more and pacing himself better.

Stupid strategies will yield tragic results.

That Karate stance was a monster for fighters to deal with. I’m surprised he’s going more traditional as this new approach leaves him more susceptible to head kicks (especially fighting Cowboy of all ppl).

Other than that his striking looks crisp and tight with more power behind it. While I like how it looks I’m more concerned that because it’s tighter, less rangier, and less fluid it allows fighters to get on the inside easier. That karate stance kept ppl at bay and scared to eat a sniper left shot when they try to get inside.

Looks good, and I like the way his entries and exits are looking (I know I know, it’s padwork) but I’d actually be surprised to see him strike like this exclusively. Maybe just trying some new techniques which is respectable from a MMA perspective.

I’m interested to see how he looks come fight night.

Maybe he can ask to borrow his soul back from Khabib.

Looking very clean in there. Lots of power and looking quite quick as well

3rd Conor thread of the day, christ almighty

3 in a day? Quite low for you Tomas

Use to these delusional threads
Worse than hitto

Broke the left paw in May / June, so he sharpened up the right paw. He's looking pretty quick, I'm just interested to see what he looks like after the 15 month lay off
'Paw' lmao

My point still stands. Dont put that bum next to Crawford son.

You are making a argument that is irrelevant. Go to sleep.

It's like randomly saying Earth is round when everyone is taking about what to eat for dinner.

Call it 52 blocks, crazy monkey, muay boran, or whatever. Its as old as human first fighting. And i like it. I wish more MMA fighters would use it.

Preach Brutha . Rampage built his whole defense Outta mostly in crazy monkey blocks . I used to have terrifying flinch response when I started boxing in the mma class . Crazy monkey gave me confidence to stay in the fire . It actually also saved my face from getting wrecked. Dude was fucking with my friends girl and I stepped in to Intervene trying to be polite . Dude unleashed a hellacious 6 or 7(?) piece on me . I instinctively did crazy monkey front shell and side covers both sides( I believe he threw straight right , straighf left , r hook , l hook , r hook , l straight but not 100 sure ) and caught up all on my arms. It was then broke up . I have shitty head movement so I woulda got busted up bad . Dude hit hard And felt like he had training . Arms were bruised up but that’s all. I bet he broke his hs hand cause on my front cover I cane up hard on the upper deflect and I think he bit tip /point of my elbow with his knuckle . Thank you Crazy Monkey! Wish more mma fighters would use this and especially in bare knuckle boxing .

Supreme ring generalship and defensive responsibility are shown here.

Exits on the angle not in straight lines, tight pivots, all well synergized.

He seemed to be watching his home run a little to long, if you will(to me anyway). I’m not surprised by a McGruber boxing video looking impressive in an mma forum. However, I’d like to see him showing some sort of dynamic.

I surmise this is just another show of relative boxing prowess against his counterparts and not a depiction of ring generalship. He’s not doing anything unexpected of his fighting persona. I hope he’s stepping his grappling up, if he thinks he’s gonna see Beeby/Ferg next. He can’t just practice cardio and boxing if he thinks that’s gonna get him the title, in the lower weight class. Also, he can’t make up for his deficiency in grappling in one fight camp to follow this fight.

His movement looked crisp and light enough for this weight, but we’ll see how that tank holds up if Donald is able to dictate the pace. It's a nice high def video though. Great camera work, and clapping by his peers(or lack thereof).

McGregor failed to even get on the Irish Olympic team, I wish so called MMA fans would watch some boxing as you'd quickly see he ain't good at all.

Back