Media Conor mcgregor reacts to seeing mayweather train.

He didn't look all that frail or old to me...considering he was a decade younger than world light heavyweight champion at one time, bernard hopkins...so age nowadays, means very little.

Hopkins is an anomaly and also wasn't fighting at Championship level until he was 28 years old unlike Floyd who was fighting at World Level at age 19.

To use Hopkins as a measuring stick is totally disingenious. Totally.

Floyd was 40 years old, retired and shot to shit when he gave McGregor brain damage

Seems like you'd be pumped to be pumped by him.
Because I answered a question? Save that for the TST dudes . I generally support fighters on here that get shit on regularly by you lazy cunts

Hopkins is an anomaly and also wasn't fighting at Championship level until he was 28 years old unlike Floyd who was fighting at World Level at age 19.

To use Hopkins as a measuring stick is totally disingenious. Totally.

Floyd was 40 years old, retired and shot to shit when he gave McGregor brain damage

I don't think hopkins was an anomaly...he simply kept himself in shape, didn't abuse his body and remained hungry...he's no different than anyone else, if they can continue with the desire to be the best and not abuse their body...most fighters as they get older, lose focus...lose that desire...obviously, if they take punishment, that accumulates...

giphy.gif

I do often wonder if he truly believed this or was just hyping the fight.

I don't think he'd put himself out there like that if he didn't believe it.

Plus he's totally deluded so I'd imagine he did honestly believe it.
I think he may have thought he has a shot if it’s early. But you can see in Conor’s eyes when he mentally caves and gives up. When he sees his opponents not back down , he looks freightened.

Lol poor Conor and all his former fans that converted to Lee/Ferguson fans.

I don't think hopkins was an anomaly...he simply kept himself in shape, didn't abuse his body and remained hungry...he's no different than anyone else, if they can continue with the desire to be the best and not abuse their body...most fighters as they get older, lose focus...lose that desire...obviously, if they take punishment, that accumulates...

Bernard Hopkins is literally an anomaly. By definition, he is an anomaly.

The majority of fighters who start at world level at a late age, in Hopkins case 28 and won his first world title at 29, tend to fight at Championship level into their later years. Longer than a fighter like Floyd who was at that level as a teenager.

Combine that with the fact Hopkins is a once in a lifetime unique fighter we have what's called; an "anomaly"

Again, to use him as a measuring stick for the age a fighter should be past it is totally disingenious in every which way. The fact is, the vast majority of elite fighters are finished by 40, if they aren't they're way way way way passed their best days. That's just factual. What's also factual is Hopkins is the ONLY fighter ever to be Champion at that age and you can count on one hand the number of fighters who won at Championship level at age 45 and older in the 100+ year history of Boxing.

In Floyd's case, competing at the highest level from an Amateur as a 16 year old all the way to age 40, being riddled with endless injuries, meant he was shot to pieces by age 40.

The only reason Floyd even stepped in the ring at that point is because Conor can't box to save his life and is no threat. Floyd could walk in the ring at age 50 and have no chance of losing to that same version of McGregor.

‘The Secret’ strikes again.

The problem with extreme belief in magical powers of visualization, is that it blurs the line between what is real and what is wishful thinking.

He got the payday of his life there, sure, but it’s quite obvious now that this fight broke his momentum and destroyed his competitive spirit. Getting toyed with like that in your prime, especially while sitting atop a lavender cloud of wishful thinking bullshit... that’s hard to recover from.

Because I answered a question? Save that for the TST dudes . I generally support fighters on here that get shit on regularly by you lazy cunts

Yes, I'm lazy... Don't be salty buddy.

SURE, DAWG.

Bernard Hopkins is literally an anomaly. By definition, he is an anomaly.

The majority of fighters who start at world level at a late age, in Hopkins case 28 and won his first world title at 29, tend to fight at Championship level into their later years. Longer than a fighter like Floyd who was at that level as a teenager.

Combine that with the fact Hopkins is a once in a lifetime unique fighter we have what's called; an "anomaly"

Again, to use him as a measuring stick for the age a fighter should be past it is totally disingenious in every which way. The fact is, the vast majority of elite fighters are finished by 40, if they aren't they're way way way way passed their best days. That's just factual. What's also factual is Hopkins is the ONLY fighter ever to be Champion at that age and you can count on one hand the number of fighters who won at Championship level at age 45 and older in the 100+ year history of Boxing.

In Floyd's case, competing at the highest level from an Amateur as a 16 year old all the way to age 40, being riddled with endless injuries, meant he was shot to pieces by age 40.

The only reason Floyd even stepped in the ring at that point is because Conor can't box to save his life and is no threat. Floyd could walk in the ring at age 50 and have no chance of losing to that same version of McGregor.

Dude, he's not an anomaly...go read about archie moore...he was world champion at almost 50. he lied about his age...age means only what you think it means...it's a number that means literally nothing...you seriously don't think floyd could continue being a top fighter, if he trained and remained hungry? of course he could...but when you mega rich, and have an undefeated record...there are other concerns...

Is Floyd friends with 50 Cent this month or not?

Didn't watch, imagine how many more PPVs he'd have sold if he only admit he was put of his depth and paid the guy respect... Oh wait.
Have you ever watched Floyd doing mitt workouts? It's like poetry man, shits mesmerizing.

Boxing has been around in a recognizably modern form for more than a century and was the pre-eminent individual sport of the 20th century, yet guys like Hopkins and Moore still stand out in history. Hopkins didn't just get to that point because he lives clean and trains hard; he's an anomaly.

Dude, he's not an anomaly...go read about archie moore...he was world champion at almost 50. he lied about his age...age means only what you think it means...it's a number that means literally nothing...you seriously don't think floyd could continue being a top fighter, if he trained and remained hungry? of course he could...but when you mega rich, and have an undefeated record...there are other concerns...

Again, Archie Moore is another extremely rare case of an elite fighter still competing at the top level into their 40's.

Again, BY DEFINITION, Hopkins is an anomaly. Are you aware what that is? Hopkins is the only fighter that's done it at that age and likely will be the only one.

Even if you deny that, it's still extremely rare. Forget age 49, just say 40's in general. 44+, how many fighters have competed at world level at that age? Very few. And the two; Hopkins and Foreman, are circumstantial - Hopkins starting at world level very late and Foreman taking a huge retirement in between runs.

Either way, to act like it's a normality to be competing in your 40's as a fighter is just not true, it's totally false and totally disingenuous.

"It's a number that means literally nothing" lmao That is just so retarded.

If Floyd were to fight at world level until age 50 that would mean he would have been competing at world level for over 30 years! Which has never and will never be done because the human body is not capable of sustaining that.

And to answer your question do I think Floyd could continue being a top fighter? No I don't. Any champion at WW or Jr MW currently crushes him. He's 41 and shot and has been on the slide for years. If he ever steps back in the ring it will be against guys who can't box and are no threat like Conor or someone else who's way past it like Pacquaio.

He'll never get back into the mix at the top level, he can't he's finished.

Back