Conor McGregor opens as an almost 2-to-1 betting favorite over Jose Aldo

After watching the Mendes fight I may have to go with Aldo on this one. Via head kicked into the crowd.

well when mendes fought aldo, mendes tagged aldo repeatedly, dropped him, rocked him, etc. That fight goes 5 rds but Mcgregor actually finishes Mendes in the second. Only thing Mendes could do consistently against McGregor was implement his offensive wrestling, but you're not going to see anything like that from Aldo.

I predict Aldo kind of squares up against McGregor but looks hesistant then gets scared by McGregor's speed, eventually gets caught and knocked out. I don't think it'll look that different from Barao/Dillashaw.

well when mendes fought aldo, mendes tagged aldo repeatedly, dropped him, rocked him, etc. That fight goes 5 rds but Mcgregor actually finishes Mendes in the second. Only thing Mendes could do consistently against McGregor was implement his offensive wrestling, but you're not going to see anything like that from Aldo.

I predict Aldo kind of squares up against McGregor but looks hesistant then gets scared by McGregor's speed, eventually gets caught and knocked out. I don't think it'll look that different from Barao/Dillashaw.

Yeeezus why would it look like Barao/Dillashaw? Aldo and McGregor are nothing like those guys. If anything Aldo is faster and quicker than Conor who is very big for FW and has a gimpy knee.

There is plenty of time for the odds to shift, right now they are basically meaningless. just riding the hype wave.

Aldo as underdog is a solid bet.

P4P No 1 as nearly a 2-1 underdog is as good as betting gets in MMA. If you've ever thought about betting MMA before, then this fight is a great time to start. Odds don't get any better than that, period..

Yeeezus why would it look like Barao/Dillashaw? Aldo and McGregor are nothing like those guys. If anything Aldo is faster and quicker than Conor who is very big for FW and has a gimpy knee.

because Brazilian fight the same way (logic sherdog)

When Mendes fought Aldo he didn't make it out of the first round... not sure how people forget the first fight.

If Mendes fought Mcgregor again, it might not be so easy for conor (if you can call that easy).

When Mendes fought Aldo he didn't make it out of the first round... not sure how people forget the first fight.

If Mendes fought Mcgregor again, it might not be so easy for conor (if you can call that easy).

I'm a huge Conor hater but Mendes was a completely different fighter from the first fight with Aldo to the second. Conor KO'd the version on Mendes that took Aldo 5 rounds. Still hope Aldo kicks Conors front keg into the crowd, though

look at joses face after Mendes 2.

Hes facing CONOR now.

Jose is losing this fight.

That's it? Only a 2-to-1 favorite? Still way too close, but whatever. I'm still putting money on Aldo creating some kind of drama and not even showing up. Something over his drug testing debacle or something Dana says that hurts his little feelings and he gets out of the fight. That has greater chances of happening than the actual fight.

If Connor gets his shots in first and bullies Aldo right away then I see him outpointing him on the feet or getting a late stoppage. Aldo could win as well but these are both strikers, one has to dictate the pace first and set the tempo. I believe whoever sets it up first will win. I think Aldo would be smart to do a few takedowns to throw Connor off and gain an edge. Connor bless.

Only thing Mendes could do consistently against McGregor was implement his offensive wrestling, but you're not going to see anything like that from Aldo.

Aldo outwrestled Lamas, he shouldn't have many problems wrestling with McGregor and he won't tire out or make the same mistakes that Mendes did.

Also, Aldo (like Mendes) is faster than McGregor. Not that he uses his movement as much, but McGregor's speed is overrated for some reason. I guess because McGregor himself said he's the fastest person in the division, and all his mindless fans took his word for it.

I haven't bet on MMA for 4 years, but now is the time. We might never get another opportunity like that... ever.

OKepHAA.gif

Time to make some money.

Conor should be the favorite. But the odds would be more realistic if they were closer to the Rousey/Correia lines.

P4P No 1 as nearly a 2-1 underdog is as good as betting gets in MMA. If you've ever thought about betting MMA before, then this fight is a great time to start. Odds don't get any better than that, period..

Pretty much. Now that GSP, Anderson and Fedor are out of competition, Aldo is the n

A more interesting bet would be if Aldo actually shows up to fight.

I don't gamble. It's a dangerous waste of money.

but this, THIS. It'd be stupid not to bet on this.

Back