Conor McGregor Need Title Co-Headline

I'm surprised by the star power of Conor. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a quality fighter. But the co-main had 2 of the same and I would think that would also be a draw. I truly underestimated the brash, trash talking effect on fans. I've always felt that MMA was a fringe "sport". This just goes to show that the antics bring the viewers and you'll definitely being seeing more fighter personalities like this in the future, like it not, since it's ultimately a business.

So what happens to Mcgregor's selling power if Aldo completely owns his ass at 194.

I think people will still pay to watch him fight. If he can sell himself so well to reach this level, I am sure he can sell himself to get back even if he loses.

Before it was Ronda only sold PPv cause Hendo/Machida was on the card or Kos was on her cards.

Now its McGregor only sells cause he has a title fight co main event.

He did a million buys vs Mendes for an interim title fight.

Rory/Lawler on its own is maybe a 300k to 350k PPV as a main event. McGregor and Ronda are the draws.

UFC doesnt have to put shit under Aldo/McGregor and it still would do a million buys.

This is my first post so take it easy I'm a human being with feelings. Dana White says that Conor McGregor is the biggest draw in the UFC yet he needed a title co headline in Robbie Lawler and Rory MacDonald. Now UFC 194 has Weidman vs Rockhold. Does this make anyone question his true selling power or is it just me?

Keep in mind the McGregor fight was the most they had spent on advertising, promotion and touring. Of course to justify all this the card has to be stacked. I think your angle is wrong thinking Conor "needs" that, no he benefits from it and it certainly helps, but ultimately they need to attract many eyes to make back their investment.

So why are they doing it again? Everybody seemed happy with the results profit wise, so they repeat the formula, makes perfect sense to me.

Conor did a show on FS1 and Fight pass that did really well

Keep in mind the McGregor fight was the most they had spent on advertising, promotion and touring. Of course to justify all this the card has to be stacked. I think your angle is wrong thinking Conor "needs" that, no he benefits from it and it certainly helps, but ultimately they need to attract many eyes to make back their investment.

So why are they doing it again? Everybody seemed happy with the results profit wise, so they repeat the formula, makes perfect sense to me.

Good post, I honestly was thinking the "needs" it too,until I read your post. I only thought of the putting money into that fight not how they were going to recoup that money back and how.

No, with or without a strong co-main Conor is a draw. Its just very hard to say how much the co-main fights add. I mean they add something and I am sure it convinces some people to buy and make it more worth it. But I wonder what percent.

The UFC won't risk it by not having a good co-main and stacked card for Conor Mc's fights so we'll probably never know. Ronda Rowdy was able to sell a lot of PPVs on a weak card featuring a bunch of foreigners.

Good post, I honestly was thinking the "needs" it too,until I read your post. I only thought of the putting money into that fight not how they were going to recoup that money back and how.

I just feel Dana White saying he is the biggest draw is not proven yet. What if GSP headlined an event with Anderson Silva or Liddell as a co-headliner? Until Conor headline his own PPV like these guys did then I think it is unfair to call him the biggest PPV Draw ever. Of course people will be willing to but a PPV with 2 title fight on it more than one with one title fight on it.

Thanks! I love it worked out the way it did too because Conor/Mendes Lawler/McDonald, that was awesome!....And now Conor/Aldo Weidman/Rockhold?! fuck yes I want this trend to continue.

Back