Conor McGregor Need Title Co-Headline

CanadianGuy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This is my first post so take it easy I'm a human being with feelings. Dana White says that Conor McGregor is the biggest draw in the UFC yet he needed a title co headline in Robbie Lawler and Rory MacDonald. Now UFC 194 has Weidman vs Rockhold. Does this make anyone question his true selling power or is it just me?

lol his PPV sold a million and thousands of people from Ireland flew across the world and filled an arena in Las Vegas for the biggest gate in UFC history. It wasn't Robbie or Rory that did that.

If either of those Co mains you mentioned had a big draw you might have a point. As it is McGregor is the main attraction.

it could be that it was ufc's attempt to give lawler more publicity.

Nah he for sure has selling power. 2 title fights doesnt mean you are gonna get good PPV numbers. UFC 187 had 2 title fights and did 350k. UFC 181 had 2 title fights and did 300-400k. UFC 189 did at least 825k, possibly even over 1 million.

They barely even advertised Robbie vs Rory 2. I bet tons of casuals were like, "Whoa! I didn't know there were two title fights?!"

This is my first post so take it easy I'm a human being with feelings. Dana White says that Conor McGregor is the biggest draw in the UFC yet he needed a title co headline in Robbie Lawler and Rory MacDonald. Now UFC 194 has Weidman vs Rockhold. Does this make anyone question his true selling power or is it just me?

here it is first-timer.

be warned, you get only one around these parts if you're lucky. :)

Also Mendes-McGregor had the highest US gate EVER. That means he outsold GSP, Silva, Jones etc as far as live attendence gates go.

The two top selling UFC Reebok kits are that of Rousey and McGregor second etc.

He is for sure the most populair/top drawing male UFC fighter at the moment.

I kinda agree. It may not be the case but I can see how it appears that way. Also why did they pour a million dollars and the world tour into one person. Perception is often reality

So what happens to Mcgregor's selling power if Aldo completely owns his ass at 194.

His value will go down for sure. How much? Who knows, we cant predict the future.

He will still have his Irish (and Irish-American) fans support tho no matter the outcome.

No psychics on Sherdog; they know the site sucks before getting here.

They sure messed up that opportunity then. Maybe they should have put Lawler out there a lot more then rather then put all their money in one basket.

Lawler vs MacDonald is not the best co-main event for casuals. A lot of them stopped caring about the division after GSP retired/left. And they did nothing to help Conor promote it. Aldo and Weidman will definitely increase the PPV numbers.

They barely even advertised Robbie vs Rory 2. I bet tons of casuals were like, "Whoa! I didn't know there were two title fights?!"

Still going hard with this pathetic Statement

I kinda agree. It may not be the case but I can see how it appears that way. Also why did they pour a million dollars and the world tour into one person. Perception is often reality

Think what the UFC wants you to think. Consume, obey. Don't think for yourself, don't question authority.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid...

No, with or without a strong co-main Conor is a draw. Its just very hard to say how much the co-main fights add. I mean they add something and I am sure it convinces some people to buy and make it more worth it. But I wonder what percent.

Back