Conor McGregor is waiting until a beatable Lighweight champion comes along

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The current MMA landscape is nightmarish for McGregor.

He lost to Khabib and has absolutely nothing for him in case of a rematch. Losing to Khabib one more time will be very damaging to his career.

Tried to angle for a Cowboy fight, but Cowboy's "happy to be in Conor's world" attitude + the fans not taking the matchup seriously despite some enthusiasm from hardcore fans scrapped the idea of that fight.

Tried to hype a fight with Diaz, but apparently Diaz doesn't want to fight him.

Basically, the man is currently stuck between w rock and a hard place in a division of killers.

Seems like McGregor wants to take a couple of years off, hone his skills and get semi-decent at grappling, and wait for an opportunity at LW when there's a beatable champion to announce his comeback to the sport.

He just wants it to die down, so he can delay some losses and keep whatever mystery of credibility he can, as a contender.

Smart move. He’ll prob be back in a year or so for $ fights. Why stick around and have to deal with the BS... Plus, 155 is heavy with talent and he don’t want those problems.

Or he’s filthy rich and realises getting life changing CTE isn’t worth it when you have a family and a shot ton of money in the bank

AL and Dustin are great matchups for Conor

Or he’s filthy rich and realises getting life changing CTE isn’t worth it when you have a family and a shot ton of money in the bank

It’s funny that you still think that CTE wouldn’t already be healthily budding from his years of combat sports and getting the shit beat out of him by Nate, Floyd and Khabib.

But hey, I guess throwing shit through bus windows is normal.

-is normal

It’s funny that you still think that CTE wouldn’t already be healthily budding from his years of combat sports and getting the shit beat out of him by Nate, Floyd and Khabib.

But hey, I guess throwing shit through bus windows is normal.

-is normal
It’s not just about fights a lot is in the gym, Conor has brain damage no doubt but why make it worse to make a Sherdogger happy,
Khabib didn’t do much actual damage outside round 2
Floyd was the worse for his brain
Like I said
Rich
Successful
Healthy
Multiple outside ventures
Equals retire
He’s retiring for now....

fighter's retirement = roid break

you know it

It’s not just about fights a lot is in the gym, Conor has brain damage no doubt but why make it worse to make a Sherdogger happy,
Khabib didn’t do much actual damage outside round 2
Floyd was the worse for his brain
Like I said
Rich
Successful
Healthy
Multiple outside ventures
Equals retire
He’s retiring for now....

I’m not mad at him. I hope he does whatever makes him happy. I wish he could’ve fought with a 10 min opening round.

He might come back the day after Khabib retires.

In other words, waiting for Khabib to retire.

He lost to Khabib and has absolutely nothing for him in case of a rematch. Losing to Khabib one more time will be very damaging to his career.

Tried to angle for a Cowboy fight, but Cowboy's "happy to be in Conor's world" attitude + the fans not taking the matchup seriously despite some enthusiasm from hardcore fans scrapped the idea of that fight.

Basically, the man is currently stuck between w rock and a hard place in a division of killers.

Seems like McGregor wants to take a couple of years off, hone his skills and get semi-decent at grappling, and wait for an opportunity at LW when there's a beatable champion to announce his comeback to the sport.
Why do you say Diaz doesn't want to fight him?

Conor wants to fight midgets.

Correct.

Maybe Dana can invent a new belt for him to wear around with the two he didn't bother to defend.

Back