"Conor McGregor is the no1 p4p fighter" Dana White addresses DJ's comments

P4P is shit and for boxing. Would like to see both defend against a tough opponent.
Take note of what Kung Fu Tze says, he is always right.

P4P is a load of garbage, they even have ''p4p rankings'', wtf??? hahah. the whole entire point and meaning of p4p is it means only 1, 1 person, there is no such thing as rankings in it, UFC created that nonsense. P4P is from boxing, like 1930's and there aint no rankings lol. Rankings is for weightclasses.

"I can't defend against TJ! He won't make weight!" --DJ
"Errr I'm closer to LW than MW. Andersons too big "-- GSP
"JBJ is the best. I no move up. I stay in my category"-- Anderson Silva
"I'm waiting for the right heavyweight to move up" -- JBJ

conor-mcgregor-post-ufc-205-belts.jpg

giphy.gif

If you haven't changed divisions you shouldn't even be mentioned. I couldn't care less about 15 defences of a title when talking P4P. Guys like BJ, Conor, Sakuraba, Silva and such should be the only names that qualify and should be held above other like GSP, Bones, Aldo and other greats untill these last ones actually do it. While they overshadow everyone in terms of accomplishment they have nothing to go on and therefore aren't serious contenders. MM has fought 135 but he didn't really have a choice at the time and this latest development with TJ isn't doing him any favor.

I keep seeing this but it makes little sense to me. By this logic, Stipe is barred from the conversation entirely because he is too big to move down in weight, but he has no option of moving up.

It's such a stupid conversation because the name makes no sense. "P4P" ideally refers to your level of skill without weight being a factor. So, if Demetrius, Conor, Jon Jones, and Stipe were the same size (big or small), whose skill set would be best? That is what we're truly trying to figure out in the debate. Not some stupid "how well can you fight bigger opponents" argument.

"I can't defend against TJ! He won't make weight!" --DJ
"Errr I'm closer to LW than MW. Andersons too big "-- GSP
"JBJ is the best. I no move up. I stay in my category"-- Anderson Silva
"I'm waiting for the right heavyweight to move up" -- JBJ

conor-mcgregor-post-ufc-205-belts.jpg

That guy with the belts once said "I lost to the bigger man". How the hell is he P4P? A gift title shot and a current belt that he refuses to defend?

recent success at 3 different weights + belts in multiple divisions
DJ can never be #1 p4p

Hardly success at three different weights. He fought the same guy twice and lost once and pulled a decision in the other. That is certainly not the same thing as fighting in two different divisions and doing well.

TS moving up to the next weight class is not a tough choice when you look like a holocaust survivor after every weight cut.

conor-mcgregor-weigh-in-comparison.jpg

To give you an idea of how big McGregor really is he fought at WW immediately after competing at FW at 145. The dude is huge and his natural weight class is LW, him moving up is not that big of a deal.

Jones for instance moving up and fighting a 245+ lb behemoth is nothing to sneer at. Some guys at HW cut down to make the limit. Anderson was fat a LHW and would be at a physical disadvantage in many fights, GSP would be at a height and weight disadvantage at MW, and MM fought at BW for most of his career and went 14-2 losing on to Cruz and Pickett.

Conor is a more of a celebrity, DJ is more of an athlete.

And how many of these 100 guys did Conor fight to get his shot?

This

These dickbag Conor fans act like he defended his FW belt multiple times and then went up for this Superfight against a dominate LW champ. He cut the line to fight RDA, ended up getting choked out by an unranked LW (#5 according to the UFC to sell the fight) in Diaz at WW.

Gets a rematch because I guess that's what the status quo is for getting finished in non title fights, ends up getting a MD.

Then jumps the line again to fight a guy that in my opinion should've been 0-3 in the LW division before getting a title shot, and wins.

Ross Pearson could've done that if they let him

Back