Conor McGregor Is Suffering From The Roy Jones & James Toney Syndrome.

NO

Connor was a 155 champ before coming to UFC

and Nate is a natural LW

WTF???

Your argument has little to do with common sense. That's why it took you 5 paragraphs to explain it. So is the "Roy Jones syndrome" just based on how he did against Ruiz?

You are looking to deep into something while trying to apply skepticism thinking that it will make you look smarter when in reality it makes you look stupid.

Ruiz was the type of fighter that would fold if hit by a heavy hitter, which was proven against Tua, Haye and a roided out James Toney.

Even Toney with roids took a while to finish Ruiz when in factToney had that ONE KO power as a lighter weight.

Same with Roy Jones. It's common sense. Look at the fight. Ruiz had no problem clinching with Jones because he was not scare to get hurt being that he was never hurt by Jone's punches. Jones did not have that power that he would showcase at a lighter weight.

Now go to sleep.

As Roy Jones and James Toney went up in weight, their knock out power had significantly decreased, even though they both had a high KO ration in the lower weight class because of their KO power.

Their power that would be deemed average in the HW division seemed to be more powerful against lighter weight fighters.

Like for example; Randy Couture was not the hardest puncher as a Heavyweight, but say he fought at 185, I am sure he would had knock dudes out at that weight division.

Conor is a power puncher as a featherweight, but as a welterweight his power has decreased by alot. This is the reason why he will struggle against Nate Diaz, especially when you consider the fact that Nate also has a pretty good chin.

Conor trying to knock out Nate is like Roy Jones trying to knock out John Ruiz or James Toney trying to knock out Samuel Peters. It ain't going to happen.

Eventually Conor will gassed out and Nate will win by submission or even TKO.

Roy could have knocked Ruiz out. It wasn't his power that was lacking. It was the respect that he had to give to the power of a natural HW, combined with the ease with which he was picking Ruiz apart, that kept him from going in for the kill.

(That's not an argument against your larger premise... which is correct.)

Yeah this is Thomsons work though. This is what happened when McGregor fought N.Diaz on 10 days notice.

giphy.gif
This whole fight,this whole ppv is so the ufc,and Conor can erase that gif,shit on nates win,call it a fluke,call it luck and re-rail the hype train.

As Roy Jones and James Toney went up in weight, their knock out power had significantly decreased, even though they both had a high KO ration in the lower weight class because of their KO power.

Their power that would be deemed average in the HW division seemed to be more powerful against lighter weight fighters.

Like for example; Randy Couture was not the hardest puncher as a Heavyweight, but say he fought at 185, I am sure he would had knock dudes out at that weight division.

Conor is a power puncher as a featherweight, but as a welterweight his power has decreased by alot. This is the reason why he will struggle against Nate Diaz, especially when you consider the fact that Nate also has a pretty good chin.

Conor trying to knock out Nate is like Roy Jones trying to knock out John Ruiz or James Toney trying to knock out Samuel Peters. It ain't going to happen.

He will fight it smart this time. I'm pretty sure he has plan B in case Nate does not want to fall he will just wait and outstrike him en route to an UD. But I think he's gonna KO him anyways.

Sure, if that helps you sleep at night.
I sleep fine. Nate whooped Conor already, the best you can hope for is an even 1-1 split, which I know you mcidiot fans will try and say proves Conor better but it won't. Conor needs to beat Nate twice in a row to prove he's better than him

I won't be surprised if Conor is destroying his career with these moves. He said himself a fighter should take a year off after a KO. He was badly rocked by Nate just a few months ago. Nate might crack his chin in the first round this time, since he knows Conor's chin is suspect now. Then when Conor goes back to FW that chin might be ready for Aldo to return the favor.
Getting your bell rang and getting knocked out are entirely different.

The fact Nate didn't go out completely having gone head first into someone's shin that was swung at his head like a baseball bat remains a mystery to me.
He saw it coming. People go to sleep when they get hit with something they don't see coming.

Calm down fella. Toney and Jones were 160 middleweights. Sam Peter was a 260 heavyweight. Five divisions and 100 pounds difference. Conor and Diaz are both essentially lightweights and nearly equal in physical stature. It's more like Toney (Diaz) and Jones (CM) fighting each other.

There is no Sam Peter in this Diaz/Conor equation. Sam Peter would be like one of them fighting Rockhold.

Diaz is a skinny, but tall lightweight. Conor is also a lightweight, but much more solid and muscular, who somehow skeletonises himself freakishly to get to featherweight.

The analogy makes no sense whatsoever. Not to mention that Jones was still knocking as many people out in his second and third divisions. Toney was always inconsistent that way.

Last edited:
james toney went from 160pounds to heavyweight which doesn't have an upper limit, he basically went 100 pounds up in weight so when mcgregor fights at 265 let me know

You do know that Roy came in a bit over 190lbs for that fight. right? Ruiz wasnt a huge HW by any means and is around 220 himself.

RJJ and JT accomplished so much more in their divisions before they moved up. Both of them were freaks and masters of their craft, conor is a clown.
Don't ever compare them.

Calm down fella. Toney and Jones were 160 middleweights. Sam Peter was a 260 heavyweight. Five divisions and 100 pounds difference. Conor and Diaz are both essentially lightweights and nearly equal in physical stature. It's more like Toney (Diaz) and Jones (CM) fighting each other.

There is no Sam Peter in this Diaz/Conor equation. Sam Peter would be like one of them fighting Rockhold.

Diaz is a skinny, but tall lightweight. Conor is also a lightweight, but much more solid and muscular, who somehow skeletonises himself freakishly to get to featherweight.

The analogy makes no sense whatsoever. Not to mention that Jones was still knocking as many people out in his second and third divisions. Toney was always inconsistent that way.

I was not using the Toney vs Peters fights as an analogy but rather as an example to further explain how one's\ power decreases as they go up in weight.

You are looking too deep into something while trying to look smart.

And James Toney was actually scoring lots of (T)KOs as a cruiserweight. It was when he went up to heavyweight that his power decreased more than ever in his career.

You are looking to deep into something while trying to apply skepticism thinking that it will make you look smarter when in reality it makes you look stupid.

Ruiz was the type of fighter that would fold if hit by a heavy hitter, which was proven against Tua, Haye and a roided out James Toney.

Even Toney with roids took a while to finish Ruiz when in factToney had that ONE KO power as a lighter weight.

Same with Roy Jones. It's common sense. Look at the fight. Ruiz had no problem clinching with Jones because he was not scare to get hurt being that he was never hurt by Jone's punches. Jones did not have that power that he would showcase at a lighter weight.

Now go to sleep.
For a second I thought you weren't a dumb millennial fan and you were actually referring to how Jones carried his power from 160, to 168 and then 175. Now I realize you haven't got a fucking clue.

Bro, as close as you want it to seem, it really isn't.

Conor would have to go on unreal winning streaks to have comparable winning rates, let alone both guys held title in multiple (as in more than 2) weight classes.
I'm not your bro, brah

Back