Conor McGregor is Like the Irish Muhammad Ali

Guess we will have to wait and see, he definitely has that "it" factor though. That fight would be the biggest in the history of the lighter weight classes.

Totally agree, he does have that "it" factor. I remember after watching his first fight in the UFC I had the feeling that he would be the next big thing. The only other fighter I had felt that way after only watching fight once was Jon Jones.

Let me guess...

jab jab leg kick

spinning back kick

oblique kick

lead hook/uppercut

some taunting

You missed straight left, straight left, left roundhouse, straight left, straight left, left roundhouse, straight left

conor is lee murray if lee didnt get locked up

I don't think that's fair on Connor. Murray had great boxing, fast, heavy handed and was physically strong but not much else. When Anderson leg kicked him to pieces Lee just mentally froze and kept trying to wing big punches. He didn't have much cage IQ or any ability to adapt. Connor is a brown belt, has good kicks, and has shown much better ring smarts. He is much more well rounded and reflects how MMA has moved forward.

Totally agree, he does have that "it" factor. I remember after watching his first fight in the UFC I had the feeling that he would be the next big thing. The only other fighter I had felt that way after only watching fight once was Jon Jones.

He has a fluidity that is very rare in strikers. Also is very calm and aware in exchanges, great ability to judge distance.

LkauZ6p.gif

So cringe-worthy. Great fighter but he makes an ass of himself.

Fake WWF shit, zoofa is a joke.

I really hope you don't actually believe that boxing has some moral high ground here to look down at MMA on. The antics in boxing are 10 times worse than MMA. Please get that elitist shit out of here:rolleyes:

I like Conors style and he def has the tools to beat Jose. His heavy hands and strength can cause anyone problems.

I like Conors style and he def has the tools to beat Jose. His heavy hands and strength can cause anyone problems.

Na brah, according to the boxing forum on a primarily MMA website, MMA fighters cant box themselves out of a wet paper bag. Their massive experience outside the ring on forums tells them so.:icon_lol:

I mainly lurk here, but I gotta say, is it just me or is it a little strange seeing the boxing regulars talk about mma?

McGregor is about as overhyped as it gets. It's just pathetic.

Na brah, according to the boxing forum on a primarily MMA website, MMA fighters cant box themselves out of a wet paper bag. Their massive experience outside the ring on forums tells them so.:icon_lol:

We better back up guys, he has mma in his name. Frickin' hardcore brah!

But in all seriousness, why did this guy quit boxing if he was so phenomenal? I'm unsure and wouldn't like to place bets, but I can't imagine Carl Frampton is making any less than he is. He certainly doesn't have to put the work in Connor does. And Connor was an amateur champion boxer in Ireland. Considering his striking (essentially his boxing) is being lauded as it is, it's fairly odd noones called him a failed boxer turned mma big shot.

they definitley knew how to match him up. Siver is tough but limited,and those t rex arms were going to give him all kinds of shit against a guy like conor who fights from the outside and is tall for the weight class. Still,they gave him the ball,he ran with it.

I really hope you don't actually believe that boxing has some moral high ground here to look down at MMA on. The antics in boxing are 10 times worse than MMA. Please get that elitist shit out of here:rolleyes:

jX73C.gif

Back