Conor McGregor is Like the Irish Muhammad Ali

I would say the big four US sports and golf would have bigger worldwide tv deals than the UFC by a long long way.

I would tend to agree, much more established. Fight Pass might bring in quite a few dollars in revenue though. Say they have 1 million subscribers, at ten bucks a month that is a lot of revenue for the year.

I would say the big four US sports and golf would have bigger worldwide tv deals than the UFC by a long long way.
IDK. Basketball I could definitely see. But baseball and american football? nah, I just don't see it at all. What's the fourth, hockey? If it's hockey, I don't really see that going outside of the cold parts of the world.

Nope, not even close. Just stealing the blueprint from the original. Props to Connor for actually doing what he says tho.

IDK. Basketball I could definitely see. But baseball and american football? nah, I just don't see it at all. What's the fourth, hockey? If it's hockey, I don't really see that going outside of the cold parts of the world.
Every single one of those sports would have bigger deals than the UFC IMO and even if they didnt the UFC still was in the right place, which wasjust above MLS and WNBA. Its not an attack or anything on MMA its just the truth. MMA is never going to be a sport that is watched like other sports, ever. Which means it will never get the money the other sports garner.

Every single one of those sports would have bigger deals than the UFC IMO and even if they didnt the UFC still was in the right place, which wasjust above MLS and WNBA. Its not an attack or anything on MMA its just the truth. MMA is never going to be a sport that is watched like other sports, ever. Which means it will never get the money the other sports garner.
it's more that I just don't see any of those sports being big outside of the US (well, baseball in latin america, canada, and japan; hockey in canada and northern/eastern europe I guess, but that's about it). Basketball is the only one I see as able to go worldwide. TBH, the others just don't appeal to world cultures.

it's more that I just don't see any of those sports being big outside of the US (well, baseball in latin america, canada, and japan; hockey in canada and northern/eastern europe I guess, but that's about it). Basketball is the only one I see as able to go worldwide. TBH, the others just don't appeal to world cultures.
Well i doubt MMA is high on the list either. Just go look online and see the worlds most popular sports, MMA is no where to be seen on most of them, one of them it was higher than nascar. I couldnt find one survey that it was higher than the big 4 or golf.

If you googled "Floyd Mayweather", the first 20 articles since the last 6 months was about Conor or Ronda trashing him.

Conor is smart and really put his name out there (and tarnished Floyd's legacy while at it)

If you googled "Floyd Mayweather", the first 20 articles since the last 6 months was about Conor or Ronda trashing him.

Conor is smart and really put his name out there (and tarnished Floyd's legacy while at it)
Im sure he cries into his 300 million dollar bank balance regularly lol. People already had their opinions on Floyd long before RR and Conor LMAO, i've been a hater of Floyds for ever. I didnt need a couple of twats trying to scab off his name for extra pennies to help me.

SMH Conor tarnishing Floyds legacy LMAO, you are good tbh.

Conor is smart but I don't think he's tarnishing Floyd's legacy at all, he's still done what he's done in the ring and would be the most well known combat sports athlete by a lot.

Conor is smart but I don't think he's tarnishing Floyd's legacy at all, he's still done what he's done in the ring and would be the most well known combat sports athlete by a lot.

Yep. I don't see any tarnishing going on. We all know Floyd, what can anybody say?
It's Conor's time now and he's making the most of it, both inside and outside the cage.

Just some things I found on an article about NFL TV deals
Walt Disney’s (DIS) ESPN has a rights package that costs the sports channel $1.9 billion a year.
CBS holds a separate package for Thursday night games that was valued at $300 million this season and thats not including their Sunday telecast rights around $800M-$1B. DirecTV (DTV) paid $1.5 billion a year to carry NFL Sunday Ticket.

The NFL generated $7.3 Billion last year from just their TV deals alone. Which they split with the 32 teams.
This year was the beginning of all their new deals which they are set I think to bring in over $10 billion in revenue from.
Thats just tv. Now think Super Bowl commercials, tickets, merchandise and so on.

UFC is no where near them.

If Floyd wore a mask and carried an assault rifle around in a car the cops would have murdered him. Conor is enjoying white privilege in the USA.

Heard 197 hasn't been officially announced because Conor is demanding more money.

In Canada alone, Rogers signed a 12 year/5.3 billion dollar TV deal with the NHL (and this ignores the various Leafs, Canadiens, and Jets games carried by other providers). The TV deal the NHL has in Canada (a country about a tenth of the population of the US) is about 6 times more lucrative per year than the UFC's TV deal in the United States. NBC's TV deal with the NHL in the US is about 2.5 times more lucrative on a per year basis than the US's TV deal (and that ignores the various TV deals that individual teams have in the US). That's just the NHL in Canada and the US. The NHL is the pre-eminent league in hockey, of course, but it's hardly the only profitable league in the world, or the only format where money is made off of hockey. International hockey can be extremely profitable from a TV perspective. The World Junior Hockey Chamionships (which is U20 hockey which basically only Canada cares about, although, Finland did fairly impressive numbers this year when they hosted and won the tournament) do far bigger ratings in Canada than any MMA events could hope to do). There are several self sufficient and popular leagues around the world (KHL, SEL, Czech League, etc.).

Let's also remember that in areas where MMA is burgeoning to an extent (the Nordic countries, parts of Central Europe, and Russia, for example), hockey is miles ahead in terms of popularity of MMA, and will continue to be for at least the rest of our lifetimes. Hockey is a far bigger sport worldwide than MMA. Hockey is limited to the cold parts of the world, but other than Brazil and Australia to a limited extent, MMA isn't remotely popular outside of the cold places of the world, either.

Boxing and mma are always going to be niche sports, team sports trump individual sports pretty much world wide.

I'd laugh if they released him from his contract.

Now I'm reading that it's RDA that wants more money, not Conor. Conor's coach says he is ready for March 5th regardless of opponent. They can't afford to lose Conor right now, brings in too much money and attention.

Back