Conor McGregor: "In true warfare weight is not an issue. I have fought bigger men before."

the-mountain-vs-mcgregor-740x3701.jpg

DUH

conor won that fight

man it's deluded when mma fighters who never served talk as if they are warriors and know about warfare, guys you fight in a regulated sporting competition, don't pretend you know what it's like to be a warrior in ancient or current times
What the fuck are you talking about? The philosophy of warfare is not just limited to military battle. How do you have such strong opinions while knowing so little? It makes no sense.

What the fuck are you talking about? The philosophy of warfare is not just limited to military battle. How do you have such strong opinions while knowing so little? It makes no sense.

yeah i'm sure conor is really qualified to talk about philosophy of war and we should all take notes

Pretty sure you're an idiot with no accurate percentage. As I'm 6'4 215lbs. Not fat or frail and still hate. Right around my walk around weight to fight 185. Any more science you wanna drop on us?
Well if you hate then you're ignorant and maybe you have a hidden insecurity about you that you cannot admit.

My god this guy will say anything to hype himself up. Yes you "fought" the mountain, a giant of a man whos proffesion is most certainly NOT fighting. Any man that fights for a living will beat any normal joe no matter the size.

I also want to point out that i didnt watch the video so my rant might be abit misplaced :)

man it's deluded when mma fighters who never served talk as if they are warriors and know about warfare, guys you fight in a regulated sporting competition, don't pretend you know what it's like to be a warrior in ancient or current times

Umm, this is prize fighting and he is trying to sell tickets. I'm pretty sure he knows this isn't actual warfare.

But, like.... whatever.

This is exactly the same shit BJ Penn used to say before he started getting pounded on. Bj used to say dumb shit like "you don't get to weigh in when you fight in the streets".

Keep it up Conor and physics and reality will humble you.
image.jpg
I agree there are some limits but Conor at 155 is not small, only on WW he goes on the small side of the division. Also BJ is one of the most loved fighters ever because of that attitude.

Everyone cuts except Frankie Edgar at LW and BJ Penn at WW and non-gigantic heavyweights like Fedor.

Not everyone has the balls to go up a weight class to fight guys who cut down to said weight class.

For that, Conor (and BJ before him) deserves props.

So starting out at LW THEN going down to FW then going up again is bad ass?

Hey Anderson was the 168pounds Shooto champ.. Then 170 then 185 and then 205.
And he actually defended his belt.

Read a fucking book, holy shit. Your obsessive whining about nothing is just pathetic.

Lol I wrote 2 posts about my opinion and its obsessive. Read a book? haha don't act like you know any more than anyone else here shertard, I like conor as much as the next guy but you need to get off his nuts.

a warrior in current times....military guys have laser guided weapons and shit, they are not exactly swinging maces and broadswords around. What warriors of current times are you referring to???

Napoleon complex? Where did you come from to just automatically throw someone in the same pile without knowing them? So everyone who is not tall but has confidence has a complex I take it right? So a taller guy who acts just the same as a shorter guy is just an asshole but the shorter guy has a complex? Did that answer your question?

Are you that dumb? Really?

Conor is the one to always make derogatory comments on his opponents. Siver was a steroid midget, same with Mendes and the list goes on... Conor is obsessed with feeling 'bigger/taller' which is exactly what a napoleon complex is.

Examples:

"Precision beats power, timing beats speed." He has a great point, but it's not as simple as that, but again, most people will eat that up and make that quote their life motto.

And let's not forget his line about not having to prepare for any specific opponent. Bullshit.

Oh, and let's not forget about "winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners." That's an empty statement, that's something that someone's sensei in a fucking karate movie would say.

1) It is a great point and he's correct. You can have speed and power but if you cannot land, then what is it worth? Meanwhile timing and precision is golden. It's often the punch you don't see coming which does the most damage.

2) Why is that bullshit? Imagine Bigfoot training for Frank Mir. All of a sudden, Frank Mir comes out southpaw and it throws Bigfoots entire game off. It's a good mindset to train for all as you don't know what may happen. Having some strategy is of course beneficial, but investing everything into it is not good in the modern era when fighters are more rounded.

3) Again, focus on improving yourself. If a fighter focuses on Conor and trys to emulate him, they won't get far. They may not have the same accuracy or same power as him, so what is the point in trying to copy his tactics. Look at Bisping. He doesn't have a lot of power so he focuses on what he's good at, cardio. As a result, he peppers people with shots all day and doesn't get tired.

a warrior in current times....military guys have laser guided weapons and shit, they are not exactly swinging maces and broadswords around. What warriors of current times are you referring to???

I jus mean people who are experience in war, but really that other guy was right I'm just whinging cos someone's selling a fight using phrases that made me go ughh lol

Lol I wrote 2 posts about my opinion and its obsessive. Read a book? haha don't act like you know any more than anyone else here shertard, I like conor as much as the next guy but you need to get off his nuts.
Conor answered a question about being concerned about fighting at a higher weight class, and you turned that into a reason to whine about him. That makes you a whiner. Just accept the truth and try to change if you don't like it.

MMA is real warfare. Not that pussy gun/dropping bombs from space shit.

MMA is a regulated sport entertainment business in the pursuit of wealth.

Warfare is an unregulated slaughtering of human lives in the pursuit of wealth.

Everyone cuts except Frankie Edgar at LW and BJ Penn at WW and non-gigantic heavyweights like Fedor.

Not everyone has the balls to go up a weight class to fight guys who cut down to said weight class.

For that, Conor (and BJ before him) deserves props.

Agreed Frankie is closing in on my favourite fighter after I re watched all of the fights I can find of his in a career re watch. Arguably beat Benson when Benson walked at Welterweight limit / natural Welterweight.
Was a real natural Lightweight unlike Conor the natural Middleweight and still threw around guys 7-14 kg (15 - 30 pounds) bigger than he was. Man then Aldo beat him worse than Benson did.

Although I disagree with the like BJ Penn thing seeing as Conor is still cutting 4kg to get to the Welterweight limit. Where as BJ Penn was flabby at 86kg (189 pounds) vs Lyoto Machida 102kg (225 pounds) and took him to a decision.

Last edited:
Conor answered a question about being concerned about fighting at a higher weight class, and you turned that into a reason to whine about him. That makes you a whiner. Just accept the truth and try to change if you don't like it.

Oh so sorry I thought this was a discussion board where I could talk as much shit, whine, complain, discuss or argue about whatever I want. I'll try be better just for you buddy

Back