Conor McGregor: "In true warfare weight is not an issue. I have fought bigger men before."

man it's deluded when mma fighters who never served talk as if they are warriors and know about warfare, guys you fight in a regulated sporting competition, don't pretend you know what it's like to be a warrior in ancient or current times

Tbh as much modern war must be absolutely some terrible experience, is deluded also when modern soldiers pretend to be ancient-like warriors too

Btw
Fun anecdote is that even back to Classic Greece/Roman times boxers, wrestlers and pankratium guys were definitely not seen as "warriors" they was athletes

There was a clear distinction about that even when close combat was waaay more relevant

Only exception was probably gladiators (with many being captured/enslaved warriors) was a strange situation, they was seen as asskickers but not respected in the same way by soldiers

Well obviously

If 2 men met on a battlefield for hand to hand combat the smaller guy isn't gonna say oh wait were not in the same weight class. If a guy in a bar wants to punch you in the mouth he isn't gonna stop because he towers over you

Just a warrior spirit

Why does he cut down to 145 then?

Everyone cuts except Frankie Edgar at LW and BJ Penn at WW and non-gigantic heavyweights like Fedor.

Not everyone has the balls to go up a weight class to fight guys who cut down to said weight class.

For that, Conor (and BJ before him) deserves props.

man it's deluded when mma fighters who never served talk as if they are warriors and know about warfare, guys you fight in a regulated sporting competition, don't pretend you know what it's like to be a warrior in ancient or current times
Yup that kill or be killed, I'm a warrior, we are going to war bullshit is for REAL WARRIORS not a play by the rules sport. I don't give a fuck if they are just making a point with metaphors but fuck that shit. Real war is nothing to get excited about. War is disgusting and vile.

Lol I love how he talks about The Mountain like he actually fought him. Dudes insane and sounds like he thinks he did. If you believe it it's true I guess. Gotta respect the mindset.
Somebody here, i dont remember who it was, told me- in detailed breakdown- how Conor clearly won that fight :eek:

Conor has mentioned in interviews that he regularly trains with Welterweights and demolishes most of them, a lot of them say he hits like a MW. I believe them for the most part. If you look at Conor's physique vs most fighters, some fighters can have weight and height, but its not really efficiency, just part of the system.

Conor's weight is mostly from pure muscle, very little body fat.

Its terrible dudes that serve now a days act like they were in ww2 doing something.

Killing those aboriginees for oil sure does sound heroic.

Tbh that's like

WW2rs acting like flying horse riding saber swinging Hussars

Hussars acting like medieval war knights charging into epic sword/axes/spear melee

Knights acting like hardcore Roman centurion into some ridicolous giant scale face stabbing melee killing barbarians with the right gladius and bitchslpping your ones with left vitis, while screaming profanities in latin in half-exposed armor

Romans acting like fantasy naked greeks that fight off Gods and Titans using bare hands, huge rocks and theyr own mythological dick

Next you will have some nerd drone "pilot" acting like he was an actual 2000 style soldier

It's how it works

Everyone cuts except Frankie Edgar at LW and BJ Penn at WW and non-gigantic heavyweights like Fedor.

Not everyone has the balls to go up a weight class to fight guys who cut down to said weight class.

For that, Conor (and BJ before him) deserves props.

"Going up in weight like BJ."

5CBqHZx.png
hi-res-8683ea85d0b97755c98cf34f6661967e_crop_exact.jpg

Tbh as much modern war must be absolutely some terrible experience, is deluded also when modern soldiers pretend to be ancient-like warriors too

Btw
Fun anecdote is that even back to Classic Greece/Roman times boxers, wrestlers and pankratium guys were definitely not seen as "warriors" they was athletes

There was a clear distinction about that even when close combat was waaay more relevant

Only exception was probably gladiators (with many being captured/enslaved warriors) was a strange situation, they was seen as asskickers but not respected in the same way by soldiers

i don't know many soldiers but any claiming to be like ancient warriors are deluded themselves, war and how wars are won has changed so much but it just irks me sometimes when athletes pretend they know what it is like to be in a war and call themselves warriors, even though i'm sure they are just using it as an expression.

i'd say that's because of class and elitism in the warrior/soldier caste, gladiators as far as i know were slaves and deserters after all

Last edited:
Somebody here, i dont remember who it was, told me- in detailed breakdown- how Conor clearly won that fight :eek:
There was a huge thread on that. Like 75% of the people thought it was a legitimate fight because Conor said so. I don't think they understood the Mountain was playing around. I get Conor has more skills but if the mountain really wanted to he'd break him in 2

Strong words from a guy who wouldn't crack the top 100 if mma were Openweight.

Says the guy who couldnt hack it against LW jobbers and had to drop to FW on the regional circuit, LMAO.

Back