Conor McGregor: "In true warfare weight is not an issue. I have fought bigger men before."

I'm starting to come around on Conor but I wish he could give "normal" interviews, and not speak in such cool, action hero, "badass" lines. He tries to act all stoic and zen like in interviews, giving "soundbite" type of answers, that to the uninitiated, it actually sounds so enlightening that you ponder it for a second, and think, "wow..he's right."

Examples:

"Precision beats power, timing beats speed." He has a great point, but it's not as simple as that, but again, most people will eat that up and make that quote their life motto.

And let's not forget his line about not having to prepare for any specific opponent. Bullshit.

Oh, and let's not forget about "winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners." That's an empty statement, that's something that someone's sensei in a fucking karate movie would say.

He's being a caricature, and I'm only going to speak for myself, but that's literally the only thing that's keeping me from being a full supporter of his. If not for the antics, I'd look at him as this badass fighter who truly isn't afraid of taking on anyone, and always shows up, but unlike other people who always shows up, he actually has the skill to match the will (wait wtf, I just spoke like him there didn't I?). It's pretty much like Jon Jones; it's amazing what they do in the cage, and simple minded, one-dimensional, binary thinking amoeba will give a neanderthal-like retort by saying, "well what they do in the cage should be all that matters." As if the other intangible, subjective qualities don't shape your opinion of another human being.

A good big man beats a good little man...this is known.

Conor has fought bigger men, just not as skilled.

Aron-profilbilde.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

oriVGeSQ.jpg

Aaron Jahnsen from Norway. He was TKO'ed in short order and bullied around by Conor.

Which is why he cuts so much damn weight that he needs an IV to be able function and beat up on midgets, right?

Dana had no intention of making that fight.

It was either Nate or Faber. :D

Fighting guys taller than him isn't good for his Napoleon complex.
Napoleon complex? Where did you come from to just automatically throw someone in the same pile without knowing them? So everyone who is not tall but has confidence has a complex I take it right? So a taller guy who acts just the same as a shorter guy is just an asshole but the shorter guy has a complex? Did that answer your question?

This is exactly the same shit BJ Penn used to say before he started getting pounded on. Bj used to say dumb shit like "you don't get to weigh in when you fight in the streets".

Keep it up Conor and physics and reality will humble you.
image.jpg

C'mon man! Apples vs Oranges.

As good as when Nate asked him why he takes the belt everywhere if he doesn't care about it.

That line was hilarious. Conor didn't know what to say and then they both started saying IDGAF over and over.

Napoleon complex? Where did you come from to just automatically throw someone in the same pile without knowing them? So everyone who is not tall but has confidence has a complex I take it right? So a taller guy who acts just the same as a shorter guy is just an asshole but the shorter guy has a complex? Did that answer your question?

Have you never heard Conor talk before?

He always talks about how big he is and how short everyone else is.

He called Aldo a midget when he's 1 inch taller...

That line was hilarious. Conor didn't know what to say and then they both started saying IDGAF over and over.

Coincidentally, you gave me my 209th 'like'.

Does that equal a complex though? Maybe I guess but my point is its pretty stupid to just automatically throw someone in that pile. Some shorter guys are just confident but some have a complex and some don't have either. Same goes for taller guys.

man it's deluded when mma fighters who never served talk as if they are warriors and know about warfare, guys you fight in a regulated sporting competition, don't pretend you know what it's like to be a warrior in ancient or current times

That's a weird way to look at it.

man it's deluded when mma fighters who never served talk as if they are warriors and know about warfare, guys you fight in a regulated sporting competition, don't pretend you know what it's like to be a warrior in ancient or current times
Its terrible dudes that serve now a days act like they were in ww2 doing something.

Killing those aboriginees for oil sure does sound heroic.

Back