"Conor McGregor has no takedown defense."

Which means Conor did not duck anyone, it's just a fight that did not make sense. I have little doubt Conor would beat Lentz, and then Sherdog would scream he was protected because he did not face a top 5 wrestler and was given an easy one.

Conor was protected, no doubt, that's not the same as ducking.

I can agree to a point. But a fighter can put his foot down and take a fight. He was called out, and he avoided it. But if we're putting onus of burden on someone, I wouldn't put the majority on McGregor, no.

Which means Conor did not duck anyone, it's just a fight that did not make sense. I have little doubt Conor would beat Lentz, and then Sherdog would scream he was protected because he did not face a top 5 wrestler and was given an easy one.

Conor was protected, no doubt, that's not the same as ducking.

I guess i'm confused by your logic, Lentz wanted the fight before hand and was calling for it; but Connor instead got matched up with a lower ranked guy who didn't have the ability to exploit Connors perceived weakness.

If thats not a duck what is a case in UFC history that you would consider a duck? I like T-Wood but i'd say that he ducked Lombard; instead of saying it wasn't a fight that made sense for him so he took a fight that made sense instead with Kelvin. If you think T-Wood ducked can you explain how they are different?

I guess i'm confused in your logic, Lentz wanted the fight before hand and was calling for it; but Connor instead got matched up with a lower ranked guy who didn't have the ability to exploit Connors perceived weakness.

If thats not a duck what is a case in UFC history that you would consider a duck? I like T-Wood but i'd say that he ducked Lombard; instead of saying it wasn't a fight that made sense for him so he took a fight that made sense instead with Kelvin. If you think T-Wood ducked can you explain how they are different?

It's generally a misunderstanding of how all this works behind the scenes. Management usually picks fights for fighters. But if anyone thinks that guys like T-Wood and McGregor aren't the final-say for these fights, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Yes, Connor is protected. Yes, his management and Zuffa were against him fighting Lentz. No, they could not really stop him if he really wanted it. He could easily say "He called me out. If he wants to fight, then I refuse to fight anyone else."

I guess i'm confused by your logic, Lentz wanted the fight before hand and was calling for it; but Connor instead got matched up with a lower ranked guy who didn't have the ability to exploit Connors perceived weakness.

The UFC wanted Lombard/Woodley. The fight was offered. Woodley refused.

The UFC did not want Conor/Lentz, it was never offered.

Conor did call out Lentz and Poirier. Lentz did not say anything, so I guess Lentz ducked Conor? Maybe Lentz should have campaigned for the fight then.

The UFC wanted Lombard/Woodley. The fight was offered. Woodley refused.

The UFC did not want Conor/Lentz, it was never offered.

Conor did call out Lentz and Poirier. Lentz did not say anything, so I guess Lentz ducked Conor? Maybe Lentz should have campaigned for the fight then.

Lentz had already been set to fight. Porier took the fight.

Lentz was definitely on the table, but Zuffa and management seemed to be clear they didn't want it for two reasons we can all guess.

Lentz had already been set to fight. Porier took the fight.

Lentz was definitely on the table, but Zuffa and management seemed to be clear they didn't want it for two reasons we can all guess.

Lentz was not set to fight until July 10th. Miller pulled out in early June, which gave Lentz plenty of time to call out Conor when he had no fight scheduled. He waited until Conor was ahead of him in the rankings. At that point the fight did not make much sense.

Never understood why people said he had no TDD. Many say he hasn't been proven against a great wrestler, so how do they know that he has zero TDD? Siver has very good TDs, are they at the level of Mendes or Edgar... most likely not. But this at least proves that Connor has above average TDD or even greater.

IMO he only needs average TDD versus Edgar and Mendes. They are going to have a nightmare closing the distance and their shots will be coming from a distance.

They will take him down, but I doubt they keep him down. A guy like Khabib on the other hand might be a nightmare for Conor.

Lentz was not set to fight until July 10th. Miller pulled out in early June, which gave Lentz plenty of time to call out Conor when he had no fight scheduled. He waited until Conor was ahead of him in the rankings. At that point the fight did not make much sense.

Lentz was already in talks for rematches with two/three fighters. Conor didn't step up and pretend people were avoiding him only after Lentz was already matched up again.

That moment we're talking about is when zyGOAT went full-Jester. Before that, he was just a loveable scamp who had taken a year off.

IMO he only needs average TDD versus Edgar and Mendes. They are going to have a nightmare closing the distance and their shots will be coming from a distance.

They will take him down, but I doubt they keep him down. A guy like Khabib on the other hand might be a nightmare for Conor.

Khabib is a nightmare for anyone, that's my opinion.

Agreed. Siver had no control and Connor's back didn't hit the mat. It was a failed takedown attempt. No takedown was achieved.

Glad to see im not the only one who thinks this, after that fight i was like "damn not even a single takedown" only to come on here and see people claiming there was like 2 or 3. i didnt think anything in that was a true takedown.

Here is the completely simple, easy to digest truth: Conor looks good, but he hasn't fought an elite wrestler yet.

You cannot subjectively say he will do good or bad against a wrestler. We don't know.

What we do know is he's looked pretty awesome against middle-of-the-pack strikers. Siver was a gimmie fight but there is no way in the world you can discredit a stoppage win over Poirer. That is a quality win for any featherweight.

ibzU9Kpbcvwfgl.gif

Everyone said he didn't have TD defense before the Siver fight because we'd never seen anyone try and wrestle him?

It's pretty clear after seeing the fight he has, I don't see you're point?

Cub has average TDD, and Edgar showed that he had the TDs and top control to demolish Cub.

Edgar may be better than Mendes in that department as of late. Especially, considering Mendes has been focusing on his striking a lot more as of late.

I actually think Benson is his toughest challenge in the division. Khabib will beat Pettis.

Benson got caught in one loss, and beat Cerrone 29/28 or 30/27. Benson beats everyone not named Pettis 8/10 times, including Khabib. I think Khabib is one of Bensons most difficult fights though.

I am not at all sold on Pettis although I feel he has Benson's number, but open to being wrong about how long he stays champ.

Everyone said he didn't have TD defense before the Siver fight because we'd never seen anyone try and wrestle him?

It's pretty clear after seeing the fight he has, I don't see you're point?

TS is proving a point with the GIF of what has been said of Conor.

Back