"Conor McGregor has no takedown defense."

surgeyou1

Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux
@Steel
Reaction score
ibzU9Kpbcvwfgl.gif

Silver has amazing takedowns. I'm surprised.

I'm sure when Conor fights a wrestler he'll be fine, but a shot from Siver is way differet than Mendez or even Aldo(who is a great wrestler).

Silver has amazing takedowns. I'm surprised.

Sivers takedowns have only improved with his old age, and like all fighters who have previously been busted for PEDs it has caused him to focus even greater on his technique, can't believe Connor avoided that takedown.

Never understood why people said he had no TDD. Many say he hasn't been proven against a great wrestler, so how do they know that he has zero TDD? Siver has very good TDs, are they at the level of Mendes or Edgar... most likely not. But this at least proves that Connor has above average TDD or even greater.

He popped right back up, it actually shows that he has good defence. Bad example

It's crazy to me that people count this as a takedown that occurred in the fight.

Just imagine how Frankie or Mendes would ragdoll him considering what Siver was able to do.

He popped right back up, it actually shows that he has good defence. Bad example

This.. the fight showed that even if someone like mendes or edgar got him down - it would be brief and he would get up straight away.

This.. the fight showed that even if someone like mendes or edgar got him down - it would be brief and he would get up straight away.

I highly doubt it would be brief with either Frankie or Chad. They are machines in the grappling game.

The problem with these kinds of threads is that if they mean to argue against most Conor doubters, then this is a strawman. Saying that an aspect of his game hasn't been tested isn't the same as saying it doesn't exist.

What we have seen looks better and better. I have faith in it. But "untested" is stiĺl pretty correct.

Haters gonna have some valid observations.

What we have here is a what I call the Dan Hardy factor

A popular fighter that has excellent standup ( Hardy was medicore but that was a long time ago) who has got a title shot without fighting a top 4 opponent or more importantly a wrestler for Hardy ( Kos Fitch) and for Connor (Mendes Edgar) Personally I think the irishman would stop Swanson so it is not as bad as Hardy not fighting Alves, Unlike Hardy though Connor has a excellent shot of winning the belt, then getting wrestlefucked into oblivion by either Edgar or Mendes. Big payday for the ufc though

A popular fighter that has excellent standup ( Hardy was medicore but that was a long time ago) who has got a title shot without fighting a top 4 opponent or more importantly a wrestler for Hardy ( Kos Fitch) and for Connor (Mendes Edgar) Personally I think the irishman would stop Swanson so it is not as bad as Hardy not fighting Alves, Unlike Hardy though Connor has a excellent shot of winning the belt, then getting wrestlefucked into oblivion by either Edgar or Mendes. Big payday for the ufc though

You honestly think he's going to get wrestlefucked like Swanson?

He's insanely big and strong, he's also very well conditioned. He showed solid TDD against Barao and he popped right up against Siver (who has really good TDs and he's extremely strong).

I'm not doubting that he'll get takedown by Frankie or Mendes, but I highly doubt it would be a 5 round grapplefuck. He's a brown belt, plus he grapples with one of the best BJJ guys out there (Nelson).

Just because he hasn't fought wrestlers, it doesn't mean he has zero TDD.

Just imagine how Frankie or Mendes would ragdoll him considering what Siver was able to do.

lol

You wrestle heads are going to be kindly surprised when he faces a wrestler.

Siver has decent takedowns. So good on Mcgregor for avoiding them well here.

Big difference between Siver and guys like Edgar and Mendez who mix their takedowns in with their striking though.

Back