Conor McGregor Flew in Gold Medalist Jordan Burroughs to Ireland for his Camp

Jordan Burroughs destroys Khabib in grappling and it's not even close.

That said I can fly Usain Bolt to my place to train me in 100m and I still won't beat the 14 second mark. I mean okay I can't really because Bolt is worth north of 50 millions and I'm a bum but you get what I'm trying to say.

Sorry Louis, but you aren't an A-level athlete like Conor! Conor hasn't been able to get this kind of perspective on wrestling before. After training with Burroughs I'd be very surprised if Conor doesn't show up Khabib!

It's a good decision, but let's not pretend the guy's skills just rub off on him by training with him for a few months. It takes a lifetime to get that good.

Smart man. People underrate Conor’s ground game. His entire camp will be grappling and conditioning.

I do believe Khabib gets Conor down, the question is going to be how Conor looks after the first round. It comes down to his gas tank.

Each have a very clear path to victory. Can’t wait for the fight.

Conor's gas tank problem has more to do with his style than his actual conditioning. He empties the tank in the first 7-8 minutes no matter how much is in there. It's not a conditioning problem, it's a throwing all power shots early on problem. If Khabib gets him down, I doubt having the piss beaten out of him with some grizzly Russian leaning on him is going to help his energy levels.

Lmao. He spent 300,000 dollars for a camp vs Nate and still gassed in 7 minutes again.

Jordan Burroughs' style is nothing similar to Khabib's, that would've made more sense in a training camp for Chad Mendes. Maybe it would've been smarter for Conor to fly in the Dagestani that dominated Burroughs in the last Olympics.
Jordan Burrough's mat wrestling is actually pretty similar to Khabibs

1. Conor working this much on his wrestling proves that Conor is going to continue to compete in MMA, and wants to continue to compete in MMA

2. It shows how if Conor beats Khabib, Conor is going to go after Gsp. Conor is geting ready and setting all the pieces into motion. Conor will be preparing to deal with anything Gsp has to offer (if/when he gets past Khabib)

Meanwhile Khabib wants to retire after Conor. This is why every fan of MMA should be cheering for Conor to smash Khabib.

Any more possible reasons you want to list?

Khabib goes as far as getting TKO'd in this fight..

Sorry Louis, but you aren't an A-level athlete like Conor! Conor hasn't been able to get this kind of perspective on wrestling before. After training with Burroughs I'd be very surprised if Conor doesn't show up Khabib!

giphy.gif

Eve n if he stops Khabibs sloppy TD's he won't stop GSP's. It's impossible. GSP took down Bisping and outwrestled Rashad and Maqruardt in the gym. No way Conor stops his TD's

Jordan Burrough's mat wrestling is actually pretty similar to Khabibs
Geduev, the Dagestani that eliminated Burroughs in 2016 has a pretty similar style to Khabib, just think a Dagestani wrestler who has some Sambo/Judo influences/experience might have been a better choice. Not knocking Burroughs though, obviously he's a beast.

Fake reporter from fake paper trolling everyone again. Well done.

So are you saying Conor Will stop the Takedown? Lol
I don't think I said that.

I said that training with a world class gold medalist wrestler will help improve his takedown defense

but yea, I'm pretty sure he will stuff some of his takedowns. will that be enough? we'll see

Geduev, the Dagestani that eliminated Burroughs in 2016 has a pretty similar style to Khabib, just think a Dagestani wrestler who has some Sambo/Judo influences/experience might have been a better choice. Not knocking Burroughs though, obviously he's a beast.
Geduev would have been a really good choice, but I don't think he would have helped Conor (meaning I don't think he would have wanted to)

Jordan I think is a rare american wrestler whose mat style is similar to eastern european
in terms of takedowns he's not super similar, but the way he ties up, and the way he looks for pins is super applicable to MMA and I think pretty similar to Khabib

but I think I agree with you

Wait....Am I understanding this correctly?

Dana and the UFC are paying for this guy to teach Conor wrestling?

Isn't that a conflict of interest from the company?

Law suit in bound if true...could be the best chance the MMA union movement might have at mounting a case

And before a Sherbro suggests that Khabib would crush Burroughs in a wrestling match...

The answer is

<TrumpWrong1>

Back