Conor McGregor Flew in Gold Medalist Jordan Burroughs to Ireland for his Camp

lmfao to all these armchair coaches

"hurr durr training with a gold medalist won't help him at all preparing for Khabib. they have totally different styles durr"

<36>

can't make this shit up
So are you saying Conor Will stop the Takedown? Lol

Should go to his nearest 10th planet instead of wasting time trying to get on the level of a Sambo champ in two months.

Yeah I’m sure he’s not training JJ at all..

A level hairline
A level athlete summing it in a C level sport
Just for AMERICA

I'm not gay
but
I mean
could you blame me

No I absolutely do not blame you but you need to step the fuck aside and wait til he's done with me first.

No I absolutely do not blame you but you need to step the fuck aside and wait til he's done with me first.
3Id2OEE.gif

I'm swimming in your wake

Conor will never be great on the ground. He needs takedown defense . Almost no one can take his power and his stand up is better than anyones he faced. His weakness is his gas tank , which will never be better than average no matter how hard he trains, and the ground. If he can stay on the feat for any length of time the first 3 rounds, he has a good chance of connecting. If he gets taken down he will be held down and beat up and worn down. His time is best spent on avoiding the ground and then trying to get up if he goes down. He will never be at the level of the elite grapplers at this point in his career.
This is a great stylistic match up with a proven great fighter (not a big Conor fan but he wins) vs. one who looks like he is great but still, not really tested against elite fighters. Conor reminds me of BJ in some ways. BJ never seemed to learn that he had about 2 rounds to win or have the guy so hurt he could coast. Conor has to stay out of the championships rounds.

No clue about Conor's ground game! lmao

And LOL @ anyone here trying to tell him how he should train. He wins 2 championship belts in the UFC but we know better.

That's a good decision by McGregor. It was a choice between Burroughs and Snyder in my mind. Glad to see he's recruited one of them.

Not convinced it will do much to stop Khabib from running over him, however.

Jordan Burroughs' style is nothing similar to Khabib's, that would've made more sense in a training camp for Chad Mendes. Maybe it would've been smarter for Conor to fly in the Dagestani that dominated Burroughs in the last Olympics.

There are diminishing returns to these kind of things. In 7 weeks Conor will improve tremendously in TDD and wrestling. But I don't think his cardio will improve much. McGregor does have a muscular build which requires lots of oxygen, small lungs which can't hold enough oxygen while in demand and a stuffy nose which causes breathing problems because of the nasal congestion and thus limits the oxygen intake.

In the end the deciding factor will be Khabib's chin and McGregor's cardio. McGregor will probably surprise people with his TDD and wrestling.

The question is "Which is going to give up first? Conor's cardio or Khabib's chin?"

My money is on Conor's cardio. After that Khabib will brutally smash McGregor.

That's a good decision by McGregor. It was a choice between Burroughs and Snyder in my mind. Glad to see he's recruited one of them.

Not convinced it will do much to stop Khabib from running over him, however.
Snyder is too big

I'd be more concerned with the footwork/clinch than wrestling but I guess I'm not his coach for a reason.

Stupid connor think he can defend the takedowns if he spends enough money, he thinks he can learn overnight. Waste of money he should spend $0 on that camp because it's a waste the outcome will be the same either way.

Should go to his nearest 10th planet instead of wasting time trying to get on the level of a Sambo champ in two months.

Lmao. This is such retarded statement.

You don't think Conor should try to get up if/when he gets taken down? He should bust out his blue belt lvl rubber guard? LMAOOO!!

http://natureismetal.com/olympic-go...-mcgregor-camp/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

McGregor doesn't even bring in some proper coaches and training partners himself. It reminds me of his shitty camp before the Mayweather fight. I am not saying he could beat Mayweather if he had a good coach, but at least he tried. You can see McGregor didn't even understand boxing rules during the fight. He was there just for money. I am sure the UFC knows Mcgregor's plan and pushes him to train and forces him not to give up.

Back