Conor McGregor -exposed, mystique diminished...

i totally get it, from on point to being wild, getting taken down to open holes.... make perfect sense

Don't worry about him. He'll just keep making shit up as he goes and try to play it off as fact.

I don't buy hype, but for me his stock went up when he beat the no.1 contender who also happened to be his worst stylistic match up.. crazy isn't it?

Look you didn't even read the post I was replying too. If you're going to talk shit at least understand what you're talking shit about or for. LOL

Calling me the clueless moron after you just posted this dog shit?

On top of being clueless, you're also bias and delusional.

Gift wrapped takedowns. Give me a fucking break, Conor got taken down fair and square.

It's fair and square whether Conor handed it on a silver platter or not. Conor did, it still counts. The point is Conor stuffed basically every takedown Chad had to work for.

Anyone notice that the non-bought hype has severely diminished?

Reason: Conor was badly exposed by an ill-prepared (but supremely skilled) opponent. It's MMA and there is a clear path to victory against Conor as his game is not so well rounded. Even most of his fans realize it after his last fight.

Agree?

Do you mean the guy he finished in 2 rounds?

It's fair and square whether Conor handed it on a silver platter or not. Conor did, it still counts. The point is Conor stuffed basically every takedown Chad had to work for.

Lol@ this kid completely changing his tone when he gets verbally ruined.

lol you Conor fans give him too much credit. Yea Mendes is a great wrestler but isn't Conor supposed to be elite? He gave up most of the takedown attempts. Thats horrible. The way to beat Conor is pretty obvious Hence, exposed. Mendes would have won if he had a full camp. Unfortunately he only had a 2 week camp and gassed vs Conor.

I was very impressed by Conor's performance, but I don't remember the fight going that way. Chad was pretty strong with his TDs and Conor was having trouble staying on the feet. He did, however, have a solid bottom game and was always following the gameplan that would lead him to winning.

Conor fans, you wanna see how a truly elite fighter handles "the great wrestler" Mendes' takedown attempts? Watch either of the Aldo vs Mendes fights. Conor's TDD is horrible

i totally get it, from on point to being wild, getting taken down to open holes.... make perfect sense

If it doesn't make sense then your comprehension sucks.

Defensive wrestling: Fine
Wild Striking: Left holes

Conor stuffed about half of Chad's takedowns. Acting like Chad was taking him down at will makes you a moron, it did not happen. Of the 4 takedowns, Conor got up easy 3 times, and scrambled up on the 4th time too.

Question, is it your assertion Conor did not throw strikes that led to east takedowns which could have been gameplanned out?

lol you Conor fans give him too much credit. Yea Mendes is a great wrestler but isn't Conor supposed to be elite? He gave up most of the takedown attempts. Thats horrible. The way to beat Conor is pretty obvious Hence, exposed. Mendes would have won if he had a full camp. Unfortunately he only had a 2 week camp and gassed vs Conor.

What the hell are you talking about? Conors supposed to be an elite fighter and he beat the no.1 contender. Beat him decisively. Are you somehow suggesting he ISN't elite? This is just sad.

If it doesn't make sense then your comprehension sucks.

Defensive wrestling: Fine
Wild Striking: Left holes

Conor stuffed about half of Chad's takedowns. Acting like Chad was taking him down at will makes you a moron, it did not happen. Of the 4 takedowns, Conor got up easy 3 times, and scrambled up on the 4th time too.

Question, is it your assertion Conor did not throw strikes that led to east takedowns which could have been gameplanned out?

Conor stuffed less than half of Chad's takedown attempts, I think 43%. That is not elite level TDD. If Aldo's TDD was that bad he would never had held the belt for as long as he did.

McGregor's biggest question mark and still is his wrestling, stopping arguably the best wrestler in the division that's like the reverse of exposed. I still think mendes and Edgar impose the most problems for McGregor. Mendes is tough they will fight again someday Mendes has proved to be good at making adjustments it will be interesting.

What the hell are you talking about? Conors supposed to be an elite fighter and he beat the no.1 contender. Beat him decisively. Are you somehow suggesting he ISN't elite? This is just sad.

Chad took Conor down a majority of the takedown attempts. He was beating Conor but gassed because he only had 2 weeks to train. With a full camp, Mendes wins.

I was very impressed by Conor's performance, but I don't remember the fight going that way. Chad was pretty strong with his TDs and Conor was having trouble staying on the feet. He did, however, have a solid bottom game and was always following the gameplan that would lead him to winning.

That gameplan did need his opponent to have pretty non existent cardio though.

McGregor definitely did not look "bad" but equally the problem is that the previous hype had pushed to extreme levels. That really shows you exactly why the UFC love to hype guys like Conor and before him Lesnar who aren't that well tested, even if a fighter comes though a test the chances are more likely that they'll show SOME weakness, if a fighter is untested though then fantasy can just take over and you can hype anything and have the more guillable end of the fan base(arguably the majority with the UFC) believe it.

If anything showed he can get up when taken down. He is like a small chuck Liddell

Come on, I wouldn't go that far by any means. He doesn't have that level of defensive wrestling. The fact that he didn't get smothered and made it back to his feet surprised me. Better than I expected. Eventually that may catch up with him. A high level fighter doesn't want the risk of being on their back too often. I don't mean any disrespect to Conor by saying that, it just takes a long time to bring a wrestling game up to that level. I knew he was good, but he continues to pull out wins despite having some deficiencies that he seems to not turn into weaknesses. He could do the same against Aldo.

Lol@ this kid completely changing his tone when he gets verbally ruined.

Verbally ruined? What are you 10?

My tone never changed, my stance has not changed. If you think either has you lack basic comprehension skills, which go along with your sounding like you are 10.

Conor stuffed 3 of 7 takedowns. Of the ones Mendes completed, most were due to Conor just throwing wild with complete disrespect of Mendes' game. Maybe I am wrong, can you post a gif of all 4 takedowns? I remember Conor throwing with abandon not caring, leading to takedowns.

He offered to bet Dana and the Fertitas 3 million dollars that he'd finish Chad in the 2nd round and did it. Chad arguably beat the #1 p4p fighter in the world a few fights before and finished a top ranked opponent in the first round in the prior fight. Connor blew out his knee and couldn't even practice wrestling in his camp leading up to a super elite MMA wrestler.

Yup, pure hype.

That gameplan did need his opponent to have pretty non existent cardio though.

McGregor definitely did not look "bad" but equally the problem is that the previous hype had pushed to extreme levels. That really shows you exactly why the UFC love to hype guys like Conor and before him Lesnar who aren't that well tested, even if a fighter comes though a test the chances are more likely that they'll show SOME weakness, if a fighter is untested though then fantasy can just take over and you can hype anything and have the more guillable end of the fan base(arguably the majority with the UFC) believe it.

I disagree with the first point. It required his opponent to not have superhuman cardio. Conor had a gameplan to go for the body and sap his cardio, go for the finish when Mendes' guard was down. He did just that, and he did it well.
Everyone has weaknesses. We've seen Aldo get tired in fights does that mean he's exposed?

Conor's biggest weakness is wrestling and he proved he can overcome it with his strengths. Thats the game. If he rematches a fully fit chad its still probably 50/50.. edgar, aldo.. all of them are dangerous match ups for him. But hes also a dangerous match up for them, his skills are at an elite level regardless of the hype.

No, he beat a guy he wasn't prepared for either. Aldo also isn't an amazing wrestler like Mendes. Conor wins this. If Conor had a full camp to spend on Mendes strengths I bet he wouldn't be taken down as much and would have likely won faster.

Cardio is what the fight came down to. If Mendes had his usual cardio, he could have implemented his TD strategy en route to a 5 round decision.

Giving Conor extra notice that he was fighting a wrestler, when he was already training TDD in general and for the Aldo fight, wasn't going to magically make him stuff more takedowns.

Back