Conor McGregor -exposed, mystique diminished...

I'm actually more impressed. Chad is a scary dude and we already knew his grappling strength wasn't something Conor has. Considering it's not the first time Conor has looked beatable or even been beating I don't consider it being exposed.

Exactly!

2nd round TKO. Gold belt around the waist. Rolex wearing, limousine riding, etc. etc.

Lol @ exposed.

Anyone notice that the non-bought hype has severely diminished?

Reason: Conor was badly exposed by an ill-prepared (but supremely skilled) opponent. It's MMA and there is a clear path to victory against Conor as his game is not so well rounded. Even most of his fans realize it after his last fight.

Agree?

Nah, Mendes was exposed by getting finished inside two rounds.

"exposed" is one of the most often used terms on sherdog.

but most, including you, simply do not know what it means.

i blame education and reality tv.

how would you characterize Conor's wrestling?

My guess is that the experience of having fought the best grappler in the division, and surviving, will both give him more confidence and also will be experience he takes back to the gym to become even better.

#keephatingthough

Aldo is a way, way better grappler than Mendes

Conor was exposed for sure. I was surprised to see how bad his tdd is.

It seems the people who were going with: He'll never beat a wrestler!

Are settling for: He got taken down. Exposed!

not great, and no one ever thought it would be.

well here is the crux of my point.

many did say it would be great against mendes. people were acting like the duffy fight was ancient history and that having Gunnar as a training partner meant Conor couldn't be held down etc.

I was noting that Conor's hype has shriveled somewhat as a consequence. I'm not hearing the volume of delusion I had heard prior.

how would you characterize Conor's wrestling?

How would you categorize it? Because Mendes is a fantastic wrestler, and Conor did manage to stop 3 out of 7 takedowns, which against a wrestler of that caliber isn't exactly garbage.

If the standard is you have to be competitive with the divisions best wrestler or your wrestling is garbage, then your metrics are useless.

many did say it would be great against mendes. people were acting like the duffy fight was ancient history and that having Gunnar as a training partner meant Conor couldn't be held down etc.

I was noting that Conor's hype has shriveled somewhat as a consequence. I'm not hearing the volume of delusion I had heard prior.

who are these ''many'' people you are referring to?

and if they were to exist, the crux of your point would be that "they were simply wrong".

which has nothing to do with connor being "exposed", since neither connor, nor any credible pundit or expert, nor majority of media outlets and fans, ever claimed that connor was a ''great wrestler''

hence, the crux of my first point, people like to use words that they don't even know the definition of. and again, i blame education and reality tv.

That's because the fight is 4-months away. Last time we had a world tour to hype discussion, and everyone is kinda exhausted from talking about Conor for the past 8 months.

More or less every analyst agreed that while his TDD is average (Chad is arguably the best wrestler in the lighter divisions), his defensive BJJ and scrambling is great. So we know McGregor is not the same guy who got subbed by Duffy.

As soon as the media tours kick off again the McGregor hype will return, don't you worry.

Shane carwin exposed brock lesnar in defeat, Chad mendes couple take downs which were to be expected anyway exposed nothing. If anything showed he can get up when taken down. He is like a small chuck Liddell

Back