Conor McGregor -exposed, mystique diminished...

WOATwindmiller

Doo Ho Choi, Future Champ
@Green
Reaction score
Anyone notice that the non-bought hype has severely diminished?

Reason: Conor was badly exposed by an ill-prepared (but supremely skilled) opponent. It's MMA and there is a clear path to victory against Conor as his game is not so well rounded. Even most of his fans realize it after his last fight.

Agree?

I mentioned it in another thread but now that Conor Mc has a belt (of sorts) he's likely to become a much safer fighter. It happened to GSP, Aldo, Cain, and a bunch of others.

No, he beat a guy he wasn't prepared for either. Aldo also isn't an amazing wrestler like Mendes. Conor wins this. If Conor had a full camp to spend on Mendes strengths I bet he wouldn't be taken down as much and would have likely won faster.

I saw Conor KTFO Chad in less than 2, with Chad curled up in a little ball.

p66l6Nk.jpg

Maybe he's just focusing on the guys he's currently coaching

No, he beat a guy he wasn't prepared for either. Aldo also isn't an amazing wrestler like Mendes. Conor wins this.

Aldo's offensive wrestling is the most underrated part of his game. You're going to be proven wrong.

You don't know what exposed means

He didnt have alot of "mystique" before the fight....more maybe's and who knows, and lets wait and see's.

Most of what you fell for was UFC created hype and his own self promotion.

Yes Mendes wasnt ready, but yes Connor showed us he can hang with a top five opponent.

There's video of him getting choked out, not much mystique

Aldo's offensive wrestling is the most underrated part of his game. You're going to be proven wrong.

It may be underrated, but it is nowhere at the level that Mendes is. Conor was preparing for a mostly stand up fight and got a beast wrestler in Mendes.

You don't know what exposed means

Agreed. He wasn't exposed because we already knew wrestling/fighting off his back was his weakness.

To TS, the hype will be back around fight time. Trust me.

Exposed...yep...winning under extreme adversity. Mendes wasn't terribly effective on top of an active Conor and even after being on bottom for most of the fight, was still fresh enough to get the knockout.

The hype will continue come fight time, but all we learned from the Mendes fight is that he is for real. If being "exposed" means that he turns out to be the #2 FW in the world, it's still not that bad.

No, he beat a guy he wasn't prepared for either. Aldo also isn't an amazing wrestler like Mendes. Conor wins this. If Conor had a full camp to spend on Mendes strengths I bet he wouldn't be taken down as much and would have likely won faster.

Conor could prepare 5 years at this point and still not be prepared for Mendes' wrestling. Aldo has good wrestling, good enough to take Conor Mc down and control him. Funny how Conor Mc says he doesn't care about his opponents' strengths, that he only focuses on his own abilities, but his fans claim he didn't train for a wrestler before fighting short camp Chad Mini as the reason he looked so lost on the mat.

My guess is that the experience of having fought the best grappler in the division, and surviving, will both give him more confidence and also will be experience he takes back to the gym to become even better.

#keephatingthough

Agreed. He wasn't exposed because we already knew wrestling/fighting off his back was his weakness.

To TS, the hype will be back around fight time. Trust me.

We 'knew' yet many were claiming that Conor was too big to be held down etc. My overall point is that what we 'knew', we saw for the first time since Conor joined the UFC.

As for those who say that Chad didn't so much while he had Conor down, I say, lol. He dropped big elbows and Conor could do nothing.

Not trying to take anything away from Conor's precision striking and his power. Look at what I'm saying.

Conor could prepare 5 years at this point and still not be prepared for Mendes' wrestling. Aldo has good wrestling, good enough to take Conor Mc down and control him. Funny how Conor Mc says he doesn't care about his opponents' strengths, that he only focuses on his own abilities, but his fans claim he didn't train for a wrestler before fighting short camp Chad Mini as the reason he looked so lost on the mat.

Regardless of how he trains he still finished the fight in the second round. Who cares if he got taken down a bunch by a stud wrestler like Mendes? He took his punishment and finished. He will do the same to Aldo.

I'm actually more impressed. Chad is a scary dude and we already knew his grappling strength wasn't something Conor has. Considering it's not the first time Conor has looked beatable or even been beating I don't consider it being exposed.

Anyone notice that the non-bought hype has severely diminished?

Reason: Conor was badly exposed by an ill-prepared (but supremely skilled) opponent. It's MMA and there is a clear path to victory against Conor as his game is not so well rounded. Even most of his fans realize it after his last fight.

Agree?

"exposed" is one of the most often used terms on sherdog.

but most, including you, simply do not know what it means.

i blame education and reality tv.

Back